Recent content by CCS

1. C

New Berserk Anime for 2016

I really wanted to give this series the benefit of the doubt but it's making it really hard for me. The only part I really liked was episode 2 when the Hirasawa song starts playing. Those 2-3 minutes were decent. Everything else is either ugly or badly paced or both.
  2. C

2016 Berserk TV series: Episode 1

I guess I have low expectations or something cause I was alright with it. I wish they had the budget to do 2d for the faces all the time though. That's the major complaint I have. The Guts CG model looks alright from the side but the front view has some major issues and his mouth doesn't look...
  3. C

Berserk Redux: A Fanedit of the Golden Age and the '97 anime

Any chance of a Japanese version? The dubbing is okay, but I much prefer the Japanese voices. But I know that could mean a ton more work.
  4. C

Berserk Saga Project News

Goddamn, those are some great drawings. Studio 4c has some amazing draftsmen, that's for sure.
  5. C

Yeah, that scene in the manga is possibly the most horrible thing I've ever read. But it also single handedly proves how skilled Miura is. To show something like that so graphically but still completely eschew titillation... is not easy. The movie is going to have to be careful how it deals with...
  6. C

That is one goddamn well made trailer. Can't wait for it to be put up officially. That one had a few framerate problems.
  7. C

Guess they created a bunch of CG assets for that ballroom scene and then felt the need to get all they could out of them.That's a real problem with CG. Once you create something and can cycle it from any angle (like a dance) it makes laziness verrrryy tempting. I haven't been too pissed off...
  8. C

Griffith: Hawk Soldier 2012 Version

He looks like he's in a really uncomfortable pose.
  9. C

Weatherby's Berserk Comic Emporium - [56k safe][comics][old man wieners]

Oh man, that one for volume 13. I shouldn't have laughed, but those expressions are too priceless.
  10. C

The Craziest Berserk Related Videos

I just discovered this, which is the strangest Berserk-related thing I've ever seen (though Guts and Griffith enjoying fast food in that official ad was pretty weird.) It gets Berserk-related 25 seconds in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmEwxy4Yl_M Anyway go ahead and post any other strange...
  11. C

I get what you're saying, DirectDK. The changes are regrettable but sometimes necessary, and while these movies won't be a masterpiece, they have the potential to be very entertaining and will help to get more people into the manga, especially those who aren't really used to animation enough to...
  12. C

Berserk Golden Age Arc I: Egg of the Supreme Ruler [Review]

Lots of conflicting emotions about the film. On the one hand, great to see the story in actual motion, unlike in the original show. However this was definitely an adaption, not just a remediation to animation. Lots of stuff in different places, which I'm okay with, but the pacing was a little...
  13. C

Upcoming Griffith Figma

I actually just pre-ordered this. First anime related sculpt thing I've ever actually bought. Hopefully I don't make a habit of it because it's kind of expensive. But this just looks so cool. I'll justify it as artistic reference or something.
  14. C

If you can put some high quality scans up of those character models that would be much much appreciated. I love character model sheets.
  15. C

Berserk and the state of the anime industry

The Japanese aren't a bunch of Otaku's but it's pretty clear that recent seasons shows pander to otakus. And the ones that do sell the most (Bakemongatari, etc.) So yeah, in my opinion anime fans in japan right now have seriously shitty taste. Thankfully there's still some shows and movies with...
Top Bottom