Recent content by Chris Warner

1. C

Dark Horse Releases

While I appreciate your immediate jumping to conclusions and impugning of my motives, let me be real clear on this. I don't usually have time to come over to the boards here unless there's a reason, particularly these days when I'm in the midst of the heaviest book schedule I've ever had...
  2. C

Dark Horse Releases

Back again. Go figure. What's the difference? The reason we're doing manga non-Westernized is because (some) readers screamed that we weren't being authentic by Westernizing. That being said, how is it authentic to NOT translate some of Miura's work? I, an American editor, should pick and...
  3. C

Dark Horse Releases

And people wonder why I haven't logged in recently. Or probably won't again any time soon. It's amazing to me that this is the kind of treatment people dish out when I've come onto this site—and I'm under no obligation to do so—listened to what people have had to say, answered questions, and...
  4. C

Dark Horse Releases

Hi everybody, Chris Warner from Dark Horse again. Actually, your question was a major issue here in determining how to plan a Berserk publishing program, because we knew we'd eventually catch up with the series in Japan, and then we'd have no choice but to go from whatever schedule we were...
  5. C

Dark Horse Releases

Hi everybody, Chris Warner from Dark Horse here. Berserk goes bimonthly starting with volume 13, which is scheduled to go on sale in the comics market September 27. Please note that in mainstream bookstores, books go on shelves approximately two to three weeks later than the listed on-sale...
  6. C

Dark Horse Releases

Hi everybody, Chris Warner here, Dark Horse Berserk guy, yadda yadda. Anyway, something of note regarding release dates is that our official on-sale dates are regarding the specialty market (comics shops), whose on-sale dates are almost always exactly one week after the book ships from Diamond...
  7. C

Dark Horse Releases

Actually, dope that I am, I finally stumbled over the Encyclopedia about ten seconds before I read this. "Hmm, wonder what this is... Doh!" Thanks for your help! Chris
  8. C

Dark Horse Releases

Hi. Chris Warner from Dark Horse here. This problem does crop up every so often, mostly due to the very tight fit we have to deal with in some of the bleed pages (where artwork goes right to the edge fo the paper), particularly in small panels that doen't have a lot of extra room to expand...
  9. C

Dark Horse Releases

Hi everybody, Chris Warner here, Dark Horse Berserk editor. Good news! Assuming everything works out contractually, it looks like we'll be moving the Berserk schedule up to bimonthly starting with volume 13, which will be moved up to a September 20 2006 ship date (which would put it on-sale in...
  10. C

Dark Horse Releases

Hi everybody, Chris Warner here, Dark Horse editor of Berserk. Believe me, no chance we'll stop publishing Berserk. Just in the way that business is done on the title, we contract three volumes at a time, and we're about to contract through volume 15, but I'd say with about 99% certainty that...
  11. C

What are the chances of the Berserk artbooks coming to the US?

Hi everybody, Chris Warner here. Dark Horse has investigated these books, but mass-market book buyers apparently told us that they weren't interested in the titles. Some of the thinking, I'm sure, is that since the main appeal of art books is art, translations aren't all that critical, and the...
Top Bottom