Recent content by Crimson Blade

1. C

Interesting Videos of Jungian Psychology in Berserk

Thanks for sharing these! I love videos like this. Honestly, it doesn't (nor shouldn't, I believe) matter if something isn't 100% accurate; in my life, I've found you can still absorb useful information from people even if they are mistaken about other things they mention, to form a truly...
  2. C

2017 Berserk TV Series (Season 2)

Thanks for the warning. I was under the impression the original dub cast reprised their roles for everything, but I guess it was only the movies. I guess the actual series is simply just beyond hope. Haha, yes, here's to another 2 decades when we might be able to get Berserk properly adapted...
  3. C

Dark Horse Releasing Berserk Guidebook

Don't worry, I wasn't planning to necro any of them while scanning through. Just to pick out issues someone might have mentioned to get a clearer picture if there was a major translation error.
  4. C

While I certainly agree little details can add up (it's a big reason I'm not a fan of anime dubbing), I guess I personally don't get that riled for name mistakes. The King's name/title you mentioned, even "hawk" over "falcon" and the like. Those aren't story breaking details for me. I started...
  5. C

Ever since seeing you post a lot of critiques like this, I've been wanting to ask you for specific examples of your most hated problems. Since I too want to understand Berserk as close as it was intended, and the DH translations are the best I have, it would be nice to know what the most glaring...
  6. C

Is Berserk "perfect" ? What do you not like about it?

Which was volume 3 though, not 1. That was my point. Sure, he came up with the idea quickly thereafter, but hadn't at volume 1. Just saying, if I had that thought already in mind as Miura, I would've shown the same image, just of her human body roasting instead. No explanation and the reader...
  7. C

Well, yeah, I know this, but it had still been long enough since she had died (re-dressing all that equipment), and presumably some sort of dissection (I doubt a cannon blast in the mouth kept her face mostly intact and severed her arm and ribcage), I seem to recall Wyald being claimed pretty...
  8. C

Hardly make or break, but the only real 'hole' I've ever noticed is right at the beginning. The female apostle, when roasted later in pieces by Guts doesn't appear to change back to a human form at all. Despite it being at least several minutes (at the very least) since her demise. Like I said...
  9. C

What Are You Playing?

This would be easiest, but I actually found it downvoted already from my account; possibly years ago, if only due to that atrocious dubbing. Haha. Think I'll just opt for a synopsis somewhere instead. Maybe even just the script.
  10. C

Upset to know what was branded as the "official" guidebook is really just lowbrow trash not even intended for the avid readers of the series. I still want to read it, since skimming did show some cool little details (Conrad rarely only speaking unless it involves causality and the like), but...
  11. C

What Are You Playing?

But that's only a Dreamcast exclusive too, right? Hmm, if I can emulate it, I'll try. I know that one was officially released and is in English, but I hope you can transfer to Japanese for the dialogue. I seem to recall a twinge in my memory from Puck's English voice.
  12. C

The Significance of the Brand's Location on the Body

That's an interesting theory, but I'm not too sure on that myself. I don't think a new brand would just appear, so much as just the brand's effect would still be on them, on their "astral limb" or whatever. But cutting it off wouldn't do them any favors, since then the brand could never be...
  13. C

Am I the only one who...

Ah, I should reiterate I meant the vague backstories would be similar to how Ganishka's was shown. It did have dialogue, but it was just a few pages to essentially just get a 'gist' without having to dedicate a full volume and the like or show absolutely *everything*. So if we ever needed to see...
  14. C

The Significance of the Brand's Location on the Body

I know the brand is marked ethereally and not just physically, but I also feel the placement on both Guts and Casca was also important due to the fact they are vital areas that cannot be separated, so the question of "Why can't they just cut them off?" or something could never even be brought up...
  15. C

What kind of ENDING you hope you will NOT see?

I trust Miura enough to come up with a satisfying ending. My biggest concern is actually the opposite: I don't want it to NOT have an ending. That's what makes any story bad and what is wrong with anime as a whole, and it's steadily becoming a problem with other forms. Never-ending fatigue. I...
Top Bottom