Recent content by Cyrus Jong

1. Cyrus Jong

Episode 359

I don't think that's how things are going to go down. One, Skull Knight is pretty good at tracking down the God Hand by himself, I don't know how he expects Guts to help on that front. Two, this is just reducing Guts' character down to "GRRR, HATE GRIFFITH, RRRR!" when what Guts should be...
  2. Cyrus Jong

Episode 359

So close, yet so far. Casca's mind has been restored, she can think, she can speak, she can fight. She feels no animosity for Guts at all; nay, on the contrary she still loves him. But she can't be around him, she can't listen to him, and she can't even see him without everything about the...
  3. Cyrus Jong

The Age of Darkness - Past, Present, or Future?

Interestingly, the interpretations for what the Age of Darkness is likely vary in-universe as well. For anyone living in Falconia who's even aware of the prophesy, they would claim that the Age of Darkness would be the past for the reasons you stated. But I imagine that people like the magi of...
  4. Cyrus Jong

How close do you think are we to the Berserk's grand finale?

Yup. And with the end of 358, we might be seeing the buildup to it.
  5. Cyrus Jong

Games to look forward to!

That's pretty much why my hype for it died down down quickly. At best, it honestly doesn't sound like Square-Enix has a proper roadmap for this project yet, and at worst, they're planning to effectively turn FF7 into a series that they can squeeze to the very last drop. And as cool as the game...
  6. Cyrus Jong

Eh, if we were to play as Keanu Reaves, I'd prefer he be a rockerboy who has a vision to make the world a better place through the awe-inspiring message in his music: "Be excellent to one another!" EDIT: Heh, looks like I'm not too far off the mark; he's playing Johnny Silverhand.
  7. Cyrus Jong

New trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 just came out. Release date is slated for April 16, 2020. MIGHT have story spoilers for anyone concerned about that sort of thing.
  8. Cyrus Jong

Berserk: The Flame Dragon Knight novel

What a piece of shit. Bad animes, bad games, bad statues, bad toys, those are one thing. They're just crappy products that can be safely ignored and forgotten once their time has passed. But with the way that this thing is claiming to be part of the official canon of Berserk, even as it goes...
  9. Cyrus Jong

Just fucking lovely. This isn't horror, or drama, or...Berserk, this is a rape fantasy fic written by a hack. And it has to have Miura's goddamn name stamped on it. For the love of Puck, Miura, retcon the shit out of this travesty when and if you get to the point where it's time to delve into...
  10. Cyrus Jong

You read it so we don't have to. Godspeed. Ugh...that writing is just terrible. Whilst some of it could be attributed to the translator, particular with how dry it sounds, it's clear the original writer just doesn't get Berserk. Even with all the detailed imagery of people being being maimed...
  11. Cyrus Jong

SkullKast: Episode 101 - Dawn of the Empire

Well, glad to see my streaking joke was such a hit. Enjoyable podcast in any case. Except for that bit where you reminded us all that it's been nearly ten years since Skull Knight last showed up and the astral world went to absolute hell. Way to make everyone listening in feel old! :puck: I'll...
  12. Cyrus Jong

Episode 358

Heh, plenty of readers in other parts of the web are falling for it. I have to admit, it is amusing to see who's willing to throw their lot in with Griffith due to all the apparent good he's accomplishing while conveniently ignoring, forgetting, or outright rationalizing every despicable...
  13. Cyrus Jong

Episode 358

:isidro: Oh my god! The shocking truth is revealed. Griffith...he's...he's... A STREAKER! There he goes, running naked all over Falconia, exposing his ding-dong to everyone! Is there no end to this vile fiend's depravity? But seriously speaking, hot damn, this is good! We just got a huge bomb...
  14. Cyrus Jong

Vampira's colorings

I'll echo many of the sentiments others have already stated. That's a fantastic piece! Particularly since there are so many details to be taken for granted. Like the sheen in Isma and Isidro's eyes, or how realistic the water running off their bodies is. And of course, those rainbow flecks.
  15. Cyrus Jong

POLL: Guess Miura's 'Next Project'

Considering Miura mentioned "you know what" after being asked a question about a "sci-fi project" after a presumable "post-Berserk period," I doubt whatever he has planned or at least just in his head is in any way related to Berserk. The biggest thing I'd expect is another miniseries on the...
Top Bottom