Recent content by Cyrus Jong

1. Cyrus Jong

What Are You Playing?

1). The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt 2). Bloodborne 3). Monster Hunter World 4). XCOM 2 5). Dishonored 2 The top three are my definites. I didn't need to think twice about listing them here because they are just that fantastic. I put hundreds of hours into all of them even before their excellent...
  2. Cyrus Jong

Original Anime (1997) Rewatch

The 97 anime blew me away when I first saw it. The story was top-notch, the characters were wonderfully crafted and complex, and the plot was tightly-woven and near perfectly told. Yeah, the animation was awful, I noticed its cheapness back then, particularly during the action scenes with their...
  3. Cyrus Jong

What Are You Playing?

Played River City Girls a few weeks ago. It was alright, pretty decent Beat-Em-Up RPG with great visuals and a funny sense of humor. Controls weren't nearly as responsive as they should've been though, which leads to you getting cheap-shotted way too often, and there aren't any really decent...
  4. Cyrus Jong

What Are You Playing?

Recently tried out the Final Fantasy VII Remake demo that just dropped on PS4. And I have to say, as someone who's been eying it very warily from the beginning, it was actually...really impressive. I've never liked any of these weird "action/turn-based" hybrid combat systems that have been all...
  5. Cyrus Jong

Amazing "Berserk" inspired artwork made by annie

:ubik:Holy cow, these are absolutely gorgeous!
  6. Cyrus Jong

What Are You Playing?

I fully deserved that...for the awful double negative. Don't know where you heard that from, because the reception I've seen for it has been generally positive, with people liking the quality of life improvements and the fact that design-wise, it's more in line with the first game with its...
  7. Cyrus Jong

What Are You Playing?

You're a monster and you're going to the Vortex of Souls! If you want to be able to Schierke your way through every possible situation, you'll have to invest three points into the skill. Otherwise, it's inevitable you'll run into conversations where it just won't be up to snuff. Though if you...
  8. Cyrus Jong

Episode 359

I don't think that's how things are going to go down. One, Skull Knight is pretty good at tracking down the God Hand by himself, I don't know how he expects Guts to help on that front. Two, this is just reducing Guts' character down to "GRRR, HATE GRIFFITH, RRRR!" when what Guts should be...
  9. Cyrus Jong

Episode 359

So close, yet so far. Casca's mind has been restored, she can think, she can speak, she can fight. She feels no animosity for Guts at all; nay, on the contrary she still loves him. But she can't be around him, she can't listen to him, and she can't even see him without everything about the...
  10. Cyrus Jong

The Age of Darkness - Past, Present, or Future?

Interestingly, the interpretations for what the Age of Darkness is likely vary in-universe as well. For anyone living in Falconia who's even aware of the prophesy, they would claim that the Age of Darkness would be the past for the reasons you stated. But I imagine that people like the magi of...
  11. Cyrus Jong

How close do you think are we to the Berserk's grand finale?

Yup. And with the end of 358, we might be seeing the buildup to it.
  12. Cyrus Jong

Games to look forward to!

That's pretty much why my hype for it died down down quickly. At best, it honestly doesn't sound like Square-Enix has a proper roadmap for this project yet, and at worst, they're planning to effectively turn FF7 into a series that they can squeeze to the very last drop. And as cool as the game...
  13. Cyrus Jong

Eh, if we were to play as Keanu Reaves, I'd prefer he be a rockerboy who has a vision to make the world a better place through the awe-inspiring message in his music: "Be excellent to one another!" EDIT: Heh, looks like I'm not too far off the mark; he's playing Johnny Silverhand.
  14. Cyrus Jong

New trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 just came out. Release date is slated for April 16, 2020. MIGHT have story spoilers for anyone concerned about that sort of thing.
  15. Cyrus Jong

Berserk: The Flame Dragon Knight novel

What a piece of shit. Bad animes, bad games, bad statues, bad toys, those are one thing. They're just crappy products that can be safely ignored and forgotten once their time has passed. But with the way that this thing is claiming to be part of the official canon of Berserk, even as it goes...
Top Bottom