Recent content by Dembol

1. D

Berserk Saga Project News

I can offer a size comparison photo I posted a while ago on twitter for a friend: http://twitpic.com/6qzw1u - Young Animal, MBR and regular release on top of each other. It may seem that they're not lined up properly, but it's only because of the angle. As for the print/paper quality etc. it's...
  2. D

Band of the Hawk Membership Contest

I gave up since I don't want to spam my twitter friends too much. I just log in every day and check if there's any news. Maybe with the special campaigns I'll catch up, but it won't be a big deal if I don't. I'll just write the sequel and be in the credits anyway. :ganishka:
  3. D

What are you watching? (television thread)

The first episode of The Game of Thrones was brilliant. Very true to the book and I think that Berserk fans would enjoy the series. Especially later on since the beginning is rather slow, concentrates on exposition and it takes time to memorize hundreds of characters' names and their role in the...
  4. D

Episode 315

Official twitter stated that Berserk will resume publication n the YA published on the 23rd of October.
  5. D

Who should the English dub voice actors be in the new Berserk anime?

Re: New Berserk anime: Who should the English dub voice actors be? I want every voice done by Morgan Freeman. I will accept no alternatives. :troll:
  6. D

(re issue) 1:6 scale Hundred Man Killer - Guts

Re: 1:6 scale Hundred Man Killer - Guts Count me as slightly interested. Looks good so far and it's one of my favourite statues made (which I missed since I'm not much of a statue collector), but I'd need to see the full cost before being 100% for it, though.
  7. D

New Berserk animation project confirmed

OAV fashioned after Legend of Galactic Heroes would be awesome (110 episodes released in 4 batches/seasons). Better quality, no need for censorship and it can still be shown on TV afterwards. Everyone wins.
  8. D

I think 25 "hour" is just their weird way of writing 1 AM. I think I saw it somewhere marked like that. The Berserk twitter is also suprised that it has so many foreign followers.
  9. D

@Jesterhead I feel completey different and I personally hate such attitude. I'm into all kinds of alternative music and it really makes me mad/sad when people hipsters say "I liked Band XYZ much better before everyone else started listening to them" or "Was that Band XYZ's song in that...
  10. D

Berserk manga sales summary

Do you happen to know anything about individual volume sales? The oricon charts only allow me to check 2 volumes back (unless I'm missing some key button which is possible with my limited Japanese) and they seem fairly stable, just under 300'000 units (after 3 weeks, before they fell off the...
  11. D

How do you cope with publication breaks?

But in those series there's usually a pretty long break after the end. And they rarely resume publication too. :judo: :ganishka: I just do other stuff in between episodes. Berserk, no matter how awesome it is is not the single thing that keeps me going. There's so many great novels, films...
  12. D

Casca Sculpture round 2!

Re: Casca Sculpture At first it looked (at least to me) a little chubby on the photos, but with the paint on the face is spot on perfect. Awesome project. Although I have very little interest in figures/statues (all the nice looking ones are just too expensive, I prefer to buy a ton of comics...
  13. D

Episode 310

It kind of reminds me the fate of pirates in Asterix . It's a fun EPISODE. Guts being his badass self and all. Plus it's been a while since common folk were like "Whoa, How can he wield a sword so huge with such ease?" (at least that what they seem to be saying). But enough of showing off and...
  14. D

Top 500 graphic novels for 2009 in the USA

I think it's worth noting that the list is based on sales by Diamond Distributors which means it only takes the specialty comic book shops into account and the actual sales of manga (especially the popular titles) are actually much higher in regular bookstores. Nevertheless it's still good to...
  15. D

NANO 2009

Looks nice, but I'm not confident enought about writing 50000 words. I have more ideas for shorter prose. On the other hand I just (literally while browsing the nano site) thought of a great idea which looks a bit longer (in my head). Now I need to sign up and invent a manly barbaric name for...
Top Bottom