Recent content by Dreft

1. Dreft

Kentarou Miura has passed away

So sad:judo:! Just woke up to find this news sent to me by a friend. Rest in peace Miura and thank you for all you gave to us!
  2. Dreft

Rutger Hauer passed away age 75

Yeah, I don’t really see the similarities between Guts and Rutger Hauer / Martin. Yesterday I read on the Wikipedia page of Flesh+Blood that Miura supposedly said in an 2003 interview that “he specially based the design of Guts on the character Martin as portrayed by actor Rutger Hauer”, which I...
  3. Dreft

Rutger Hauer passed away age 75

Hello all, So it has just been published that Dutch actor Rutger Hauer passed away, aged 75. Which news make me quite sad, as he was an actor I greatly appreciated. And with the movie Flesh+Blood being a known influence on Miura in creating Berserk, with Gambino looking a lot like him and...
  4. Dreft

New Berserk Anime for 2016

No Lost Children? That is very disapointing. The hope that they'd do this part was the only reason I got my hopes up for this anime.
  5. Dreft

Current Episodes

Current Episodes Thread Now that's a spoiler! Not that I really mind, it just reminds me that I should get off my lazy ass and continue reading the novel, even more now I know that uncle Gon is going to save Akemi. :) Well, he should be affected, after all, if it wasn't for her, he wouldn't...
  6. Dreft

Current Episodes

Current Episodes Thread Yeah, you're right twice. But I don't think her crush on Takezo was that petty. It was childish and unrealistic, but it lasted for four years, in which she waited for him to return. She even cried when Matahachi told her he still was alive. Waiting for someone for such...
  7. Dreft

Current Episodes

Current Episodes Thread You're right, it wasn't random and it was fitting, but I have to say, it was really unexpected for me. As it was for Musashi! At least he hasn't seen her for ages! (Well, that's what I remember... He remembers her as that little girl, so I should be right about that :)...
  8. Dreft

Current Episodes

Current Episodes Thread
  9. Dreft

The kite and the hawk.

I think you're right on. I guess I was trying too much to find a specific ability with which to substitute their flying, while she probably alludes to their 'nature', as in the fact she and Griffith are special. Also, the fact that her ability to see the future is such an valuable asset to the...
  10. Dreft

The kite and the hawk.

You're probably right about me reading too much into her story. I probably also shouldn't fixate to much on her ability to see the future. Flying as a metaphor for being able to see the future also doesn't really seem fitting, instead of all the other metaphors she uses. Even so, I must say that...
  11. Dreft

The kite and the hawk.

I was rereading some of the older volumes today, and as I read episode 246, I remembered a question I used to have, but for which I haven't thought up a good solution yet. I haven't really seen it discussed before, and although isn't a real important subject, I decided to create a topic on it...
  12. Dreft

Odd moment in "Guardians of desire"

Well, over a year to late to reply to your post, but ah well. In my humble opinion, it is quite clear that he doesn't look at his hands because he saw Theresa's hands bleeding, which brought back old memories, like his worn down hands while training as a youth. He looks at his own hands because...
  13. Dreft

Favorite Berserk character

Alrighty then, I'll also post a short list of characters I like and which nobody is waiting for :troll: Of course, I like most of the main characters of the series, (though I don't think the Neo-Hawks are interesting at all.. Only Sonja and Mule are), I want to elaborate on two persons who stand...
  14. Dreft

Map of Midland

I wonder what would happen if Miura included a map of Midland in a scene depicting, for example, Griffith and a war council (much like the one in volume 7, discussing Doldrey), with a map of Midland out of focus in some of the drawings, showing a bit of the map, but not the whole thing. I guess...
  15. Dreft

Episode 246

Hasn't Berserk always been that way? ;)
Top Bottom