Recent content by Femto the Raven

1. F

What are the themes/morals/messages behind Berserk?

I know nobody posted here in a while but I was just going over all the thoughts here...Is it outright bizarre of me to think one of the major themes in Berserk is the beauty of life? or more precisely the beauty of the human spirit? Let me expound, I mean horrible, terrible things happen...
  2. F

Berserk's conclusion

Then end of Berserk? Sometimes it feels like the world will end first...or perhaps soon after... :schnoz:
  3. F

Berserk Abridged

Some of it is god awful. Some of it made me laugh :shrugs: guess that makes it the best "abridged" series out there so far.
  4. F

Metallica lyrics similar to Berserk in some sense

Definitely goes in the Misc. section. Don't forget the older song King Nothing. Identifies in many ways with Griffith's plight.
  5. F

I want to see a Berserk book

I'd shell out cash for a nicely bound, hardback (even softcover) version of this web site. Hell, I'd buy four copies for myself!
  6. F

Assassin's Creed

Just bought it last night, and couldn't put it down. I agree with your critiscms CnC, but that doesn't stop the game from being a very satisfying 9 five hours in. I could handle the ugly faces better if I wasn't so dissapointed by that plot point you mentioned. Otherwise, graphics are wonderous...
  7. F

Metalocalypse, HOLY CRAP!

Being a bit of a metal head, I really expected to enjoy this more then I did (hardly at all) it would have been better if they just animated a bunch of wacky music videos instead of coming with some semblence of a plot with general does of 'comedy'. I enjoyed that Korgoth the Barbarian pilot on...
  8. F

Vampire Hunter D becomes a manga

The novels are descent, but I have a hard time reading them due to how stilted the translation is...maybe the original is stilted also, but I think it's the translation. The manga looks interesting. Given how ethereal the original Amano Yoshitaka art is (I have a bunch of his art books) I don't...
  9. F

Beowulf

Well said. I'm VERY sick of those 'UNRATED' editions that add little to nothing to the film. As faras Beowulf goes I was sad to see it wasn't going to get a R rating. But I still intend to see it, hope they do put all the good stuff back in though.
  10. F

It always bothered me to no end!

Bad guys wear white. It's been a long standing pop culture rule. :ganishka: Seriously though. Who's more evil? A demonic god who hides beneath a pure white coul? Or a battle hardened man who wears his darkness effectively, if not proudly?
  11. F

Anyone interested in making a Berserk fighting game???

But IF someone would take a Marvel Vs Capcom 2 build, get CNC to do the back drops, and replace all (was it 54?) characters with a Berserk character/monster/villian, it would be 2D gaming heaven! IMHO.
  12. F

Hellsing OVA

For the record, the orginal creator's point of view on a show based on his work has little to nothing to do with the quality of the work itself. And I'm not seeing this scene for scene exactly like the manga nonsense. It's MUCH closer to the manga but there are still several differences. That...
  13. F

More Pirates!!!!!

I'm starting to wonder if I saw the same movie. Yeah, Bootstrap bill is as serious as a heart attack, but I doubt I'd be very chipper in his situation. Aside from him, the second film doesn't take itself that seriously, and even when it does, the drama present is interesting enough to excuse it...
  14. F

Was Caska raped in the Eclipse by the apostles?

Re: Was Casca raped in the Eclipse by the apostles? But then we have to argue over whose assumption or personal guess is right! :guts: Seriously though, given the sheer size of some of those things, it's doubtful she'd been penetrated much before Femto's awakening. Assuming she was it couldn't...
  15. F

Frank Miller's 300

Yeah, most everyone "kinda" liked it. Heck, if a discerning guy like CNC gave it a B+, it's at least worth your time. Most of us are pointing out that it didn't live up to the hype (psst most movies can't and don't) and that it was more of a fun time movie then an unrivaled cinematic...
Top Bottom