Recent content by Franz

1. Franz

I'm a gigantic brain!

I'm a gigantic brain!
  2. Franz

What Are You Playing?

I've been fucking kids up on Switch Sports while also cursing profusely at the TV no thanks to my dummy teammates in soccer. Nintendo was very wise to not include voice chat because holy hell. Aside from that I've been getting back into 16 bit emulation, having replayed Breath of Fire 1 and 2...
  3. Franz

Young Animal announces a continuation of Berserk by Studio Gaga, supervised by Kouji Mori

I'm all for this. I guess I was the only one on this site who wasn't sad, but pissed, that Miura died before finishing Berserk. That doesn't take away from the tragedy of an unexpected death nor is that what I'm saying. I was pissed that Berserk became yet another obsession of mine that didn't...
  4. Franz

Kentarou Miura has passed away

Welp, I guess I'll be that guy: fuck. I knew this would happen. Obviously his passing was unforeseen and is a great loss. But this was my immediate thought: I knew this would happen. Now we're left with 80% of a masterpiece that's taken 30 fucking years. Chalk this up to my history of enjoying...
  5. Franz

Movies to dread

The more I hear about the Borderlands film, the worse it sounds to me. Casting sounds wack and off. Kevin Hart, Cate Blanchett, and Jack Black are all reasons to drive me away from watching it. This also seems like a really odd time to be making the film as well, as we've passed its point of...
  6. Franz

The New Picture Thread

Congrats dude, and now that it's slightly over a year I hope you're enjoying her becoming a real human. :puck: Sorry about the monthlong hospital stay, I'm sure it was rough. My oldest spent maybe a week in the NICU as she swallowed meconium and had to be tube-fed, etc. Real rough on my wife. Go...
  7. Franz

Coronavirus

Almost since the new year I've been working from home. Now, it is basically mandatory. I should be very grateful to work for a company that both permits and encourages this, but my mood hasn't been great since December. The fact that I'm home should be good, but on the other hand my wife is an...
  8. Franz

Volume 40 release

Man, all that kinda makes me ashamed for enjoying Berserk. The weight of the world really did a number on ol' Guts, when he clearly should be enjoying retirement at age 57.
  9. Franz

Volume 40 release

... See you in another 12 years! :puck: I guess I can revisit the Hawk of the Millennium Arc and onward (I'm about sick of the Golden Age Arc), and contribute more here.
  10. Franz

Volume 40 release

On average, what's the time between the Japanese release and a translated, Dark Horse release in English?
  11. Franz

Returning old member

I wouldn't say I was a dick. I just used expressions and replied to things that in hindsight are cringy or sounded off about shit that I literally could not give two fucks about now.
  12. Franz

Video Game Soundtracks

Sounds familiar. Definitely wasn't MIDI, haha.
  13. Franz

Video Game Soundtracks

Soundtracks I'd revisit (need to buy most of them): Xenogears Final Fantasy VI Final Fantasy V Final Fantasy IV Mario Kart 64 Super Mario World ESPN Extreme Games/1Xtreme (great metal/rock jams) I hesitate to throw in Final Fantasy VII, only because I wasn't a giant fan of the game but the...
  14. Franz

Returning old member

As long as you don't look at my old comments, yeesh. (#douche) And thanks!
  15. Franz

Returning old member

Yeah, LOST was in particular what I was referencing. Once they set the number of seasons they really got back on track. Same disease has spread to The Venture Brothers. Aha, that's where I saw it! Yeah, that barren 2013 is quite scary. You've nailed it - the story is what kept me coming...
Top Bottom