Recent content by Gonzo

1. Gonzo

Episode 339

So hype!
  2. Gonzo

What are you reading?

Reading a whole bunch of Stephen King for the first time - started with the Gunslinger, now I'm halfway through his books 'On Writing' and 'Carrie'. Plan to kep reading the Dark Tower interspersed with books my friends told me were related - Salem's Lot, The Stand, and Insomnia.
  3. Gonzo

A series I recommend that is up there with Berserk and Vagabond

Is it normal to be rooting more for Askeladd than Thorfinn in this series? (Just finished vol. 5) :griffnotevil:
  4. Gonzo

What Are You Playing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BErWAbLuqHc Dark Dreams Don't Die, the new game from Swery65, the creator of Deadly Premonition (the second greatest game ever made, behind the original Deus Ex), which finally got a PC port!
  5. Gonzo

What are you reading?

Finished 'The Aleph' by Borges, started the Vinland Saga, which is filling a portion of the massive Berserk-shaped hole in my heart I'm a quarter Danish, and the main character's blonde hair looks like mine when I grow it out to that length, so it feels very TALE OF MY ANCESTORS
  6. Gonzo

A series I recommend that is up there with Berserk and Vagabond

Thanks for recommending this, just read half of volume 1, and I already am enjoying it - it has a lot of things in it that I loved about Berserk. Can't wait til I get to the switch from shonen to seinen though, just for the art improvement.
  7. Gonzo

Is there a color'd way to read the books

I also think the stark black-and-white adds to the dark fantasy/horror atmosphere that Miura is going for - its like how film noir films are nearly always better in black-and-white.
  8. Gonzo

Favorite Volume?

Vol 33-34, when Ganishka becomes Shiva and the battle of Wyndham/Falconia - the way Ganishka was portrayed as his most vulnerable at the same time as turning into a massive beast - the episode that showed his backstory was the most profound and literary things I've ever read in a comic book, and...
  9. Gonzo

Why do people say it went downhill after the Golden Age Arc?

This is the only reasonable explanation I can find for someone reading 37 volumes of a manga that they claim stopped being good at 14.
  10. Gonzo

What are you reading?

Girlfriend and best friend keep saying I need to read Dune asap, I really should get around it, because i'm pretty convinced that i'd like it (political intrigue, warring houses, economic conflict, etc). i read what the series is about once and it sounded very good vs. evil, lone hero on epic...
  11. Gonzo

What are you reading?

This has been my best year for reading in pretty much forever. Things I've read this year: All the Song of Ice and Fire books by George R.R. Martin (WAY better than the show) Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco (super amazing) The Man Who Was Thursday by G.K. Chesterton (amazing) Pluto by Naoki...
  12. Gonzo

What do you do for a living

24, grad student and occasional course tutor (media studies) :void:
  13. Gonzo

How to buy the digital edition of Young Animal online

Hey, thanks for this guide. I'm wanting to buy all the YA issues with post-vol 37 Berserk episodes in them, how do I find out what those issues are?
  14. Gonzo

Why do people say it went downhill after the Golden Age Arc?

Okay I admit that my definition of the 'main plot' is a bit shaky and subjective. I think we're saying roughly the same things though! What I'm trying to get at is that I think a lot of people vastly exaggerate Berserk being 'meandering' or Miura not knowing where he's going - every story (like...
  15. Gonzo

How did you find out about Berserk?

Berserk fan friend got me into Susumu Hirasawa in 2013, I got obsessed with him and listened to all his albums a gajillion times - I now have like 3000 scrobbles on my last.fm account. Friend told me they got into Hirasawa through Berserk but I didn't really pay attention to Berserk for another...
Top Bottom