Recent content by Hensmon

1. H

Questions about the Count, Godhand and our humanity.

No, The promise is made to the Count when he is asked to sacrifice his wife. The Godhand offer him a supernatural and supposedly suffering free life is return for his wife - to this, he accepts. He even asks of them this directly to which they reply directly.
  2. H

Questions about the Count, Godhand and our humanity.

In Volume 3, chapter 5 we get to see the Godhand for the first time. Love the scenes and stories that follow but there are a few things I would like some clarity on. 1. The Godhand lied? They begin to remind the count of the day he sacrificed his wife, turning him into demon-kind. Script as...
  3. H

Amazing manga you've read?

Other than phenomenal Berserk, are there any other manga you hold in very high regards and would recommend a read? One of my favourites is Akira, what a masterpiece for me. Stunning artwork/world building... thought-provoking and ahead of its time in terms of story and scope. The characters are...
  4. H

New Berserk Anime for 2016

Jesus, that trailer looks abysmal. For the love of god if the anime series looks anything like this then it may not even be worth watching. More (attempted) style over substance crap. How can any artist take this seriously? In the 97 anime we had countless scenes where the budget was clearly...
  5. H

POLL: Vote for Your 2 Favorite Characters

My two favorites are the power houses Guts and Griffth. I love how complex both characters are...both opposites but at the same time share the ability to draw people to them. An charisma and presence that inspires, awes, amazes and changes people. Griffiths goal driven personality and...
  6. H

Could Griffith have recovered after being rescued and captured.

Ah ok, I always thought that Guts arm was more than just a dangling cannon and that he had could operate fingers and grasp his sword. I guess I didn't pay enough attention in the manga to notice that he never used his left arm in this way. His mind though I believe could have recovered. He was...
  7. H

Griffith's state of mind before Eclipse

Yeah actually I would say pathological is a very good word to describe it. It's interesting though as during his time in captive he reflects that he has kept (supposedly) his sanity all because of the his raw and overwhelming emotions he has of Guts. His hate, love and everything in between hold...
  8. H

Could Griffith have recovered after being rescued and captured.

Causality aside, could Griffith had made a decent recovery if given the time and treatment? We are told he will never ride a horse, swing a sword, speak or stand on his own two legs again. These combined disabilities make him near useless as a leader and the Band realise this and it causes...
  9. H

How long is the wait between usually episodes and printed volumes?

Damn, that's a long time! Thanks for the info. Still in two minds as of whether to wait it out or not. I feel like I've waited this long, I could pull off another year maybe... Might have just have to have another (slow) re-read to fill time instead!
  10. H

How long is the wait between usually episodes and printed volumes?

I was wondering how long it usually takes for comic episodes to be published and grouped as a volume. I know we've had a ton of hiatus and sporadic releases, but if someone could give me a best estimated guess it would be appreciated! Reason being I much prefer reading it in volumes as I like...
  11. H

Why do people say it went downhill after the Golden Age Arc?

Fair enough, it's just hard for me to remember off the top of my head, I am on holliday and dont have my books at hand! I would say though that it's not really isolated incidences that got to me, more the general tone set throughout some parts. Since getting on that boat I would say contains...
  12. H

Thank you for the calm response ;). Guys some seem to be getting a little too defensive on this issue... Please don't take this personally, it is my opinion and actually a common and shared view by many who have read the Berserk series, so please keep an open mind. Walter just to clarify, I...
  13. H

Absoloutly, you see this rise in numbers due to opening up the demographic and making content more relatable for them. Childish was maybe a poor use of wording on my part, it's just allowing some of the content to target younger audiences. This was dissapointing for me, which is why I believe...
  14. H

Wuhoo, just some observations on my part, no need to get fiesty now ;) I read what Walter put. 'If Miura wanted to make money off the project he would go and create a shounen' (I got it right this time!). Thing is he already went a made a damn good seinen, BUT I think it's a fair comment that...
  15. H

Haha knew it would be a little controversial, but I really did notice a decline in the script quality. Really I'm just talking about a few moments or episodes that feautred towards the of the end manga. 90% is great for me! Its almost expected and understandable, the guy's been writing this...
Top Bottom