Recent content by Imperivm97

1. Imperivm97

Movies you've recently watched

Having seen the whole Creed trilogy in theaters, I'd consider the third on par with the first as for personal preference, I really loved it so much. The second one wasn't bad per se but it didn't feel incredibly strong either and I think it's kinda forgettable, but I definitely need to rewatch...
  2. Imperivm97

Movies you've recently watched

Creed 3 was fantastic in my opinion, especially for a directorial debut for Michael B. Jordan. As for John Wick 4, I have to say that I liked it more than the third and maybe the second one as well. It could have been shorter, but at least it has some closure and more interesting dynamics with...
  3. Imperivm97

Vagabond Mentioned in New Inoue Interview: "It's not over yet. I want to draw it soon."

I see. Still, I'm led to believe that his involvement in the film may be at least in part what took a toll on his works as a mangaka. The timing of the statement being close to the end of the long production of Slam Dunk (not to mention, Vagabond entering hiatus shortly after the production of...
  4. Imperivm97

What is your guys opinion on Berserk getting a live action adaptation?

Let's not pretend that most of popular tv shows and movies are FILLED with supernatural and fictional elements. Monsters, landscapes and fantasy fights are very much in the realm of live action works. I think that of all the things you mentioned, the most problematic thing would be the giant...
  5. Imperivm97

Vagabond Mentioned in New Inoue Interview: "It's not over yet. I want to draw it soon."

As it turns out, the production on The First Slam Dunk movie was greenlit back in 2014, after years of development of a convincing CG build since 2009. Now that the film is out, unless Inoue will dive on another anime work, I think it's more than likely that he'll be back on Real and/or...
  6. Imperivm97

Official Slam Dunk thread

Idk if anyone here managed to watch the film, I went to see it today after being undecided about it for a while (due to having never read / watched the main series and the artstyle looking of mixed quality in the PV), but honestly I had a huge blast with it, for me it was phenomenal, exciting...
  7. Imperivm97

What is your guys opinion on Berserk getting a live action adaptation?

I would say that a live action adaptation of the Golden Age arc could be technically plausible, but the worst thing to work around would be the numerous sexual scenes. I have no idea how they could approach these scenes and without ending up either cuttinf too much or being unwatcheable...
  8. Imperivm97

[2022] Berserk: The Golden Age MEMORIAL EDITION

Thanks for the update! I imagined that Hirasawa might have released the song on Bandcamp since he recently reissued the "Ash Crow" album there as well. It's a nice tribute to release on this anniversary. Damn, I can't believe it's been almost 2 years already...
  9. Imperivm97

Kentaro Miura's Interview from the Great Berserk Exhibition, December 2020

It certainly is the only selling factor for those Berserk fans that are more "hardcore", but really there's a huge amount of fans and people in the larger Berserk community that think of the Memorial Edition as the best thing ever, usually people that are somehow already enamored with the...
  10. Imperivm97

What are you watching? (television thread)

I started the Monster anime on Netflix (once I saw that the whole series was available) in mid February and I've been watching it with my twin, now we're very close to the end and will finish it within the end of the week. It's been my favourite thing in these past 2 months, I adored the mood...
  11. Imperivm97

Small updates on the Memorial Edition soundtracks: while originally planned to be released only as bonus CDs with the Blu-Ray box, they have been released digitally as well: https://twitter.com/berserk_mePR/status/1641047554568880128 The new music are tracks 23-27 on Disc 2, even though they...
  12. Imperivm97

Rather than false advertising my impression is that yet again this shows how low the budget was. They couldn't even make an original 2D artwork for the BD Box, or reuse previous art. It may also be a situation where they wanted to make a tribute or imitate previous Berserk BD releases which has...
  13. Imperivm97

After rewatching it recently I'd say that it may not be the best anime movie ever made, the plot is a bit messy and convoluted (if you're able to follow all the storylines at first viewing) but I still think it's an absolute treat in animation, its style and tone. The first 10-15 minutes are...
  14. Imperivm97

I think it was actually the first anime anthology I watched, a few years ago, and absolutely loved it! The Magnetic Rose episode written by Kon (if I remember correctly it was based on a short story by Otomo) especially is incredible for me, also for Yoko Kanno's music. Later on I watched Manie...
  15. Imperivm97

Possibly the return of early Puck?

I might be in a minority, but the overabundance of Chestnut Puck in the later arcs kinda bothered me, as I prefer his "normal" self generally and when Miura had a good balance between the two sides of him. I was saddened to see that Puck pretty much existed only in his comical side lately, and...
Top Bottom