Recent content by Julalien

1. J

Episode 342

I've been following the series closely since 2003 and to echo what other people are already expressing: this episode is bringing out all sorts of emotions. It's been a long and amazing journey and I can't wait to see what begins to unfold in the story over the coming months. This is a very...
  2. J

Episode 336

That is fabulous news! It will be great to see what happens next.
  3. J

Speculation about Movie IV

Why they didn't just do OVA's like the recent Hellsing series is completely baffling to me. Hellsing showed that fans will still come out to buy single DVDs/Blu-Rays of a good adaptation despite episodes being released sometimes years apart. It also shows that the producers were completely...
  4. J

Berserk Hiatus for 19+ Weeks—A New Record

This is spectacular news! Time to start buying Young Animal again. I can't wait to see what Miura has in store for us.
  5. J

Berserk Golden Age Arc III: Descent [Review]

I didn't find the eyes to be that terrible. I would be interested in knowing what they omitted or changed from Gaiseric's story. I'm not terribly fluent in Japanese but what I did understand seemed pretty close to what I remembered from the manga. I certainly could have missed something. The...
  6. J

Berserk Golden Age Arc III: Descent [Review]

I guess that was Rosine who flew by the screen after Puck's cameo? What a fucking mess. There are some cool effects and some very nice 2D animation at times but it's a travesty of an adaptation. It is the 'best' of the three films, but that's not exactly a compliment at this point. Apart from...
  7. J

Berserk Saga Project News

That would have been fun too!
  8. J

I was hoping for Casca to be on the final film's cover but this is still a really cool image.
  9. J

Episode 333

The images come from the preview pages included at the end of volume 37. I'm really looking forward to getting my copy tomorrow. I'm most excited about reading through Guts's flashback again in book form. The figure looks cool too.
  10. J

Nope! There are additional images at the very end of the book featuring Rosine as she appears starting in episode 112 after she transforms to battle Guts. I meant her 'principal' form to mean the apostle shape she has for most of her story and the 'secondary' form to be what she transforms into...
  11. J

Based on an image from the collection of background artwork for movie 3 it seems like some aspect of Gaiseric's story is present in the film. There is a painting of the fallen torch illuminating the ruins at the bottom of the tower during Griffith's rescue. It's a small image but it's present in...
  12. J

I just received my copies of the two art books associated with the film project that we're released this week along with the movie. In the art book collecting the landscapes, castle designs, and other background art is a section devoted to apostle designs. Interestingly, there are several pages...
  13. J

Berserk Movie OST

The OST for Descent is up for pre-order on CDJapan for those who will be picking it up. Looks like it'll have 20 tracks based on the description. A tracklisting hasn't been posted yet. http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VPCG-84937
  14. J

http://special.movies.yahoo.co.jp/detail/20121116136953/ A new full trailer for the third film was just posted on Yahoo Japan. Lots of very interesting footage which gives us a peak at some very critical scenes. I think, at the very least, this is by far the best-looking film of the trilogy.
  15. J

Voice Acting in Berserk Animation

If google translate hasn't let me down and that is indeed Akio Otsuka playing Skull Knight....that's an awesome choice in my book. Otsuka has previously played Black Jack in the various adaptations of Osamu Tezuka's well-known series as well as Batou from Ghost in the Shell. More recently, he...
Top Bottom