Recent content by King Reccared

1. King Reccared

Young Animal announces a continuation of Berserk by Studio Gaga, supervised by Kouji Mori

Well, that’s not how I expected my Tuesday to go :ganishka:. Seeing the reactions to the news on the forum, I’ll just say that, for the moment, I am like the father in the “Prodigal Son parable”, rejoicing for a long lost son has returned home. But I fully empathize with the hesitancy and...
  2. King Reccared

My Opinion on any future Berserk Adaptations

While I think cell animation is, sadly, an impossibility nowadays, contemporary projects have shown that a similar vibe and style can be achieved with digital animation (I'm thinking of the first third of the latest Evangelion movie, the village segment, or some of the more recent Ghibli...
  3. King Reccared

My mistake, you are indeed correct. The Golden Age starts with chapters of, around 40-45 pages but from Nosferatu Zodd (1) onwards they are all 20ish pages long, and it's a silly mistake given the fact that I have both series side by side on my bookcase and, just one quick glance tells you the...
  4. King Reccared

Hahaha, yes, that's the reality of the industry, which is why having a good Production Committee is key for the success of any anime adaptation, much more for the case of Berserk which would have to already compromise on lots of areas. Honestly it would be the safest bet, two small projects...
  5. King Reccared

If we were to get a new Berserk anime, I think the Production Committee would push for a complete adaptation. As Aazealh has pointed out, the original 1997 anime is too far removed time wise from any future projects to make any effort of a connection, regardless of the fondness Berserk fans have...
  6. King Reccared

After Kentaro Miura’s passing, who owns the rights to “Berserk”?

Thank you for your quick replay Aazellah! Mostly curiosity on my part. I’m a lawyer IRL and, after Miura’s passing, I saw lots of posts on the issue of “Manga IP rights” on other forums that I felt where more a way for people to come to terms with the author’s death’s than genuine attempts to...
  7. King Reccared

Not much to be honest with you, but that is fine. You?

Not much to be honest with you, but that is fine. You?
  8. King Reccared

What are you reading?

I finally decided to read some of Kōji Mori’s works after they were in my “to read list” for a while. Have to say I really enjoyed “Holyland” a very different take on the “coming of age story”, or at least that was my impression. I’m in me the middle of reading “Suicide Island” (Vol 3.), very...
  9. King Reccared

After Kentaro Miura’s passing, who owns the rights to “Berserk”?

I have no clue whatsoever on Japanese copyright practices nor do I know their inheritance laws, so I hope someone here can clarify those for me if possible. That being said, I know that we don’t have a ton of information regarding Miura’s will, or lack thereof, which would be essential in order...
  10. King Reccared

Berserk's Unresolved Plot Threads

One could argue that a more in-depth insight on Femto and his objectives, if they are any different from those of the Godhand, could be more interesting story wise. You could certainly let some drops of the old Griffith flow by, but only to add up to Femto and his current goals, as Walter said...
Top Bottom