Recent content by lbrown726

1. lbrown726

Your Avatar and You...

| | V I've been wondering what happened to you since the Pumpkins folded! d00d, U ROK! Griff, if you really want to mess with this guy you should repost that Spike Spiegel pic from the old thread. ;D As for me, I don't really look like my avatar... Well, OK...I AM a giant, prescient...
  2. lbrown726

Ghosts.... Real or not? You be the judge.

It was a side note to me - we grew up in the same town. Mission Valley was the cool movie theater way back in the day before the super multiplexes. I don't know how it is now. It would definitely be cooler with the Dune name, tho...
  3. lbrown726

Berserk PS2 Game Trailer

Re: Berserk PS2 Trailer Not much to add here, but I just wanted to say that the game looks really damn cool and I'll have to find out more about this PS2 mod thing. If a second anime season ever does happen, maybe they can use this game's animation. PS: Don't care what language the music is...
  4. lbrown726

This is my Announcement!

As long as you've still got your KoL account... Oh that was so much fun.  Definitely my pick for "Best...Thread...Ever!" True.  It's a shame those posts are gone. :(  Watching it all unfold online was great. Is Skull Lord finally coming clean?  This almost sounds like a confession. ;)
  5. lbrown726

Planet of the Apes remake movie.

Dr. Zeus, Dr. Zeus?
  6. lbrown726

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

True, but the explanation replaced a spiritual journey with a blood test.
  7. lbrown726

Supersize me

I doubt that movie was the main driver behind McD's changes.  I'm sure it helped, but the changes came out too quickly to be totally inspired by the film.  Corporations don't move that fast. This is not the first time McDs has gotten grief for being unhealthy.  Stock analysts have talked for...
  8. lbrown726

Dooku, right? I've stopped expecting Lucas's movies to be too complex. Maybe you guys with all your Expanded Universe knowledge know better.
  9. lbrown726

Yes. But the end result really looked like some one click and dragging Han over the tail. It was really bad.
  10. lbrown726

Ghosts.... Real or not? You be the judge.

OMG!  Don't you guys see VOID?!? What does it all mean?
  11. lbrown726

For me, Lucas killed Star Wars when he explained "the Force" in episode 1. The retouched original trilogy was a mixed bag - I thought he did a good job of fleshing out Bespin/Cloud City and the Hoth cave in Empire, but pausing the film in A New Hope for Greedo to shoot at Han first (not to...
  12. lbrown726

The New Picture Thread

Asheville, yes, Boone, not so much.  I have no idea how big it is now, but I'm sure it was tiny when your father was growing up there.
  13. lbrown726

The New Picture Thread

I spent six weeks at Western Carolina back in the summer of '89, so I do know of Cullowhee and that cosmopolitan mecca, Sylva. As for the Pinnacle, my Dad grew up in Bat Cave and my uncle still has a cabin on Bald Mountain - his "driveway" is the bridge that crosses the big rock waterslide by...
  14. lbrown726

The New Picture Thread

Does that empire include Sylva, or will that be a future annex? The title of your photo mentions pinnacle peak.  Is that the Pinnacle on Bald Mountain?
  15. lbrown726

Berserk #3 from Dark Horse is #2 Ordered Manga last month

I'm glad I could do my part for both Berserk #3 and Hellsing #2. Hopefully more English Berserk will be on the way. I can't see why not, with how well Mangas are doing in the US right now.
Top Bottom