Recent content by Lord Leith

1. L

SkullKast: Episode 94 - Casca's Back [355 Review]

Re: SkullKast: Episode 94 So pretty much in the same state as Vegabond :ganishka: Great episode by the way guys, entertaining as always and a very funny one too.
  2. L

Episode 355

Welcome to the forum fellow struggler :badbone:
  3. L

Episode 355

Oh without a doubt! Miura is human after all so I'm sure its not beyond him or an assistant to make a mistake like that, it just seems like such a simple one (colouring) that I would never foresee it actually happening. Thankfully I never did notice Casca's boots, currently Im only at Vol 10...
  4. L

Episode 355

:ganishka: Okay despite the fact that I'd like an actual reason from somebody, I have to give it to ya, thats really funny haha I won't continue rambling on about his hair or anything since it ultimately is pretty trivial but like I said I do take consistency seriously so Im a bit in disbelief...
  5. L

Episode 355

You're taking it too literally lol, obviously Guts isn't dressed like he was in the Golden Age or exactly the same but that's not the point, its more so that physically all the key signifiers of post eclipse Guts are absent (i.e. his eyes aren't shown, the white streak is absent, his scars and...
  6. L

Episode 355

Its a lil late for me to say this but I just noticed, where is Guts' white streak of hair? I'd be willing to say Miura deliberately obfuscated his appearance like a silhouette this episode to emphasize Casca's own perspective from afar (not knowing or seeing any of his scars and white hair until...
  7. L

Episode 355

As Aazealh said, the Idea of Evil and Casca's heart are ultimately just both based off a conventional/realistic heart design so I wouldn't think too deeply about it but if the topic interests you, we did discuss the topic a month ago in this thread...
  8. L

Movies you've recently watched

Its true that Spider-man 1's influence alongside X-Men and Blade cannot be overstated, especially in regards to the MCU but I do think its aged pretty badly which I don't think is even necessarily due to its age seeing as how Spider-man 2 has aged perfectly fine (CGI aside), but rather due to it...
  9. L

Episode 355

I agree 100%, like I said, on its own merits I do prefer the edit if only because it caters to the latter Millennium Falcon Arc style that I tend to prefer (although I do think the simpler artwork of the Golden Age has a lot of its own unique charm) but in context to the story, I also suspect...
  10. L

Episode 355

Maybe Im off base and if I am, someone can correct me for being wrong but from what I know the main reason why manga and anime artwork tends to have such big eyes dates back to Disney being a primary influence on Osamu Tezuka who then popularized the big eye designs in Japan with his own...
  11. L

Episode 355

How much of that would you attest to being a style change for the sake of the arc vs him switching over from pen and paper to digital? Thats often the go to explanation I've heard from people as to why Guts and crew are sometimes off model compared to a couple volumes prior but I have no...
  12. L

Movies you've recently watched

I agree with the Marvel/Superhero fatigue being expressed here, it'll take a lot more for most Marvel movies now to impress me compared to the first phase since the formality of it all is really starting to make viewing each new film a repetitive experience, I do however disagree with you...
  13. L

Albums for Desert Island

Hmmm thats a really tough call Griffith, for me the one artist I'd stick with (mostly due to how vast their collaborative contributions are in addition to their own stellar catalogues) would be a toss up between Kanye West, Babyface and Bootsy Collins, I honestly can't pick which one out of the...
  14. L

Albums for Desert Island

Oouff, the Shining is one of my favorite films and easily in my top 5 most replayed films but I dunno if I'd be able to handle the soundtrack while isolated on an island, I very well may go crazy. :ganishka: On its own merits though, it is a wonderful soundtrack. I can see where you're coming...
  15. L

Albums for Desert Island

Yeah its safe to say that House of Balloons, Thursday and Echoes of Silence are modern classics by any measure, they made a big wave in the underground music scene upon initial release, had a huge influence on commercial RnB (what people now call Alternative RnB) and nearly a decade later its...
Top Bottom