Recent content by Mizar

1. M

Episode 259

Hmm, is silver known to be effective against astral beings? I thought the Tiger's fur was on fire there, or was that smoke the effect of the silver? By the way, Miura is not taking a mini-break this time, the next issue of YA will be coming out in three weeks on August the 12th (second Friday...
  2. M

Episode 259

Episode 259 is out. :beast: Brief synopsis: Demon Tiger trashes the party and starts feasting on the nobles. Farneze grabs a nearby candlestand and tries to burn the motherfucker. :badbone: Tiger is pissed and attacks Farneze, but Serpico comes to the rescue and takes her to safety. On the...
  3. M

Episode 259

That's true of course, but I thought maybe a different word could be used this time instead of always using standard vocabulary with words like 'Evil' and 'Demon' again. :puck: But 妖 here gives definitely the feeling of something dark, sinister or evil. And perhaps Miura also chose 妖 here to...
  4. M

Episode 259

Nice early preview. :badbone: But I think I would translate the title rather as 'Menacing/Threatening/Sinister/Suspicious Tiger' or something. 'Magic Tiger' sounds a bit weird imho.
  5. M

Advice for a beginner...(in learning Japanese)

No, it sucks imho. Definitely not worth its money (and luckily I didn't have to pay anything for it). The only thing this program does is throw a Japanese sentence (spoken and/or plain text) at you and you simply have to choose the correct accompanying picture with that sentence. That is all...
  6. M

Favorite Berserk character

The Beast. 8)
  7. M

My avatar disturbing? Are you sure it isn't your own mind that's disturbing? ;) As for the difficulty of learning a language, like Aazealh said it's subjective and it also depends on what your mother tongue is and how similar it is to the one you're learning. There's no such thing as the most...
  8. M

I've worked with that book for a while, but dropped it after learning about 200-300 keywords for kanji with it. I do think it's a pretty good method but it just didn't suit my personal style of learning. I really didn't have the motivation or patience to go and remember like 2000 English...
  9. M

Episode 258

By the way, who else loved Sonja's expression in the final panel of page 10? I thought that really spoke volumes about her rebellious character and stance towards the relationship between Griffith and Charlotte. ;D
  10. M

Episode 258

Yeah, I personally was thinking of the line "He who fights with monsters might take care, lest he thereby become a monster." After all, Miura loves Nietzsche. ;) By the way, I have patched the above translation up a bit to make it flow a bit better: Irvine: For days you continue to hunt your...
  11. M

Episode 258

Special Bonus question: from which volume is this image? You receive extra points if you give the correct page number as well. :D
  12. M

Episode 257

I doubt Sonja will even mention the presence of Schierke (and the others) to Griffith. She seems to like Schierke quite a bit and I don't think she wants to put her in any more danger by making her into a potential target. But who knows?
  13. M

Episode 257

Okay, now to try and get this thread back on track, I hope everyone realized I was actually joking with the new title. ^_^; It was just my own guess, based on the fact that princess Charlotte is the latest addition to the new band of the hawks and her place there has yet to be defined.
  14. M

Episode 257

Someone here has been reading the YA preview? ;) Anyway, the new title will be "A dream of a Princess" (姫の夢).
  15. M

Top anime

I think I've listed my favorites before in another old thread, but since a lot of things have changed since then I might as well post my new list here: 1. Koi Kaze (not for everyone, romantic slice-of-life drama with a serious incest theme) 2. TEXHNOLYZE (not many people have seen this one but...
Top Bottom