Recent content by NightCrawler

1. NightCrawler

Episode 368

The duty to support Miura?
  2. NightCrawler

Episode 368

I go from being lightly enthusiastic about berserk-lite, to hating it, not only on an episode basis, but almost from page to page.
  3. NightCrawler

Episode 367

Well, the full episode doesn't really change my view after seeing that leaked page, it was obvious what was gonna happen. The art is still pretty good considering, as for the rest, I think Berserk crossed the Rubicon, This is Mori writing what he remembers and my man is clearly not filling in...
  4. NightCrawler

Episode 367

The one leaked image that matters lol wtf
  5. NightCrawler

Episodes 365 & 366

We'll never know, but I don't think they're more action packed, it just feels there's a lot more action to cover the lack of words. But I actually prefer they lean into their strengths. I do want them to move fast (these episodes were shorter), tell the story they know, and don't try to fill in...
  6. NightCrawler

Episodes 365 & 366

The dialogue is... ok, sparse, to be nice about it. I have a sense they're going to move pretty fast, which is desirable, considering they only know the broad strokes of the story. This feels like an abridged action packed Berserk-lite. Just personal preference. I tend to lean towards the older...
  7. NightCrawler

Episodes 365 & 366

I agree, this is indeed far better than I would've imagine. Even though it's clearly a downgrade, it's probably the best imitation possible of Miura's art style. I'd go as far as to say I prefer Griffith's face (and Casca's to a lesser degree) better than Miura's "moe" change in later volumes.
  8. NightCrawler

Games to look forward to!

This is how I feel about games for the past 15 years. I'm actually surprised old farts like me still spend so much time playing games. If you're young I get it's all novel, but for me I can't pick up these wildly praised masterpieces without feeling I've played them before, and it all becomes...
  9. NightCrawler

What are you watching? (television thread)

I really enjoyed the previous seasons, but after watching the first episode of the third season, I was so underwhelmed that I haven't picked it up since.
  10. NightCrawler

Young Animal announces a continuation of Berserk by Studio Gaga, supervised by Kouji Mori

This will not be good, and that's ok because everyone knows it's not Miura, but there's absolutely no reason to be optimistic about this project. In a similar genre, a recent example of that was the Game of Thrones tv show. As some of you know, it was developed by fans of the books, who worked...
  11. NightCrawler

Adventures in YouTube

Also RIP Vangelis
  12. NightCrawler

Adventures in YouTube

Aw, I was expecting the real ones, but it's programmed drums instead. They sound "too" good.
  13. NightCrawler

Elden Ring (New From Soft Game)

I'll never get the hate for Dark Souls II, especially if you love Elden Ring, which is it's spiritual successor in many ways. It's my personal favourite of the trilogy. Sekiro, which was the hardest for me, is the epitome, and logical conclusion, of souls combat. Never played Bloodborne, but I'm...
Top Bottom