Recent content by OmegaSeamaster

1. OmegaSeamaster

How the Journey Ends

Miura's passing is truly a blow on so many levels. As much as I would love the story to continue on to a conclusion, it will never be Miura's conclusion....and therefore, somewhat hollow. The only hope I have, if the story were to continue, is that Miura left a detailed contingency document of...
  2. OmegaSeamaster

SkullKast 100 - Flowers of Oblivion (DC Game)

I was watching the podcast last night and when the mandragora roots were tearing through the corridor I was literally yelling, "Jump guys!" :ganishka: I am actually in the middle of playing through this myself. Someone dumped a stack of old Dreamcast games in my lap and "Flowers of Oblivion" was...
  3. OmegaSeamaster

How did you get into Berserk?

My girlfriend worked at Iwamoto Gas Station and while she showered after her shift in the employee locker room, I'd sit in the lounge and read all the seinen manga collections and guy magazines that were piled up all over the place. There must have been some Young Animals in there somewhere...
  4. OmegaSeamaster

The lost episode and the Idea of Evil

I agree, when it comes to passages where "deep thoughts" or philosophical or metaphysical concepts are described, Dark Horse tends to struggle with the translations. I could ask my wife. She's Chinese but she also speaks Japanese, but she'd have to see the characters around the 念 to take a...
  5. OmegaSeamaster

The lost episode and the Idea of Evil

Question - as Griffith morphs into Femto during the eclipse, he visits the abyss and senses the presence of the Idea of Evil. He notices Beherits floating upwards, and they are referred to as "splashes of ideas." Is the correct intepretation of this that, as the Idea of Evil weaves its web of...
  6. OmegaSeamaster

How did you get into Berserk?

I lived in Japan from 1997-1999 and the entire time I was there I had no clue Berserk even existed. Had I known I would have totally gone in for some awesome collectibles! :sad: Shortly after I moved back to the states I got a job at GameSpy.com and I was assigned the task to review "Sword of...
  7. OmegaSeamaster

Story Discussion: Dark Horse readers only [NO SPOILERS]

Dark Horse probably doesn't want to pay resetting fees to make the book match the rest of the volumes, which makes OCD folks like me crazy. :ganishka:
  8. OmegaSeamaster

Dark Horse Releases

FYI...went to Borders today and Berserk is 50% off! $6.95 a volume. I bagged four, but it was the last of the slim pickings. Go now if you haven't already!
  9. OmegaSeamaster

Story Discussion: Dark Horse readers only [NO SPOILERS]

I know Dark Horse considered this a failed experiment, and went back to the original paper after all the complaints. Did they ever reprint Volume 30 so you can buy it with the thicker paper? I check the stores here and there but Volume 30 always looks pretty thin. Just curious.
  10. OmegaSeamaster

Battle with Wyald

Yeah...a home purchase, a layoff and getting accustomed to a new job got between me and Berserk for a little while. Before getting new volumes I decided to start over to keep things fresh in my mind and perhaps pick up on things I hadn't noticed before. I'm up to volume 12 on the re-read at...
  11. OmegaSeamaster

Battle with Wyald

I'm assuming Wyald's slash wounds to his forearm, corner of mouth, palm and gut area (below his giant mouth) sealed up pretty quickly, as Miura doesn't show them in subsequent panels. It just made me wonder what the fine line was for killing an apostle - just how much damage needs to be done...
  12. OmegaSeamaster

Battle with Wyald

Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks. While we're on this topic, to what extent can apostles regenerate?
  13. OmegaSeamaster

Battle with Wyald

I'm currently re-reading volume 11, and toward the end of the battle with Wyald, Guts slices through Wyald's hand and thinks, "I get it!" Just what does he "get" exactly? Miura shows two panels of Wyald's sliced palm, which seems to trigger something in Guts' mind. Can someone explain just...
  14. OmegaSeamaster

Dark Horse Releases

No doubt they don't want to release deluxe editions too prematurely. They'll wait until the series ends and demand for the orignal volumes declines in order to refresh their Berserk revenue stream. :void:
  15. OmegaSeamaster

Dark Horse Releases

At my local Borders, all books are "UP TO 40%" off. So, essentially, they are only giving 20% off Berserk's cover price at the moment. At this price, it's a wash when you consider you can get a deep discount off Amazon with no sales tax. As much as it sucks, I'm probably better off waiting...
Top Bottom