Recent content by Redfield

1. R

What did Femto have planned for Guts & Casca?

When the events were fresh, I had a feeling that the general direction would be: Casca-fed to demons Guts-Griffith'possession I felt as though a lot of the themes behind the three characters and the dynamics of their relationships up to that point were combined into a swirling, nightmarish...
  2. R

Game of Thrones TV [spoilers]

The general feeling I get from the altered narrative of the TV show is that they're preparing for an endgame that would be independent of Martin's books in the event ath they either catch up to the novels or if the show starts to lose some steam and they decide to end it after six or seven...
  3. R

Whose/What back story are you most anxious for?

I came to a pretty weird conclusion when contemplating this question. I am not really looking forward to anyone's back story in particular. Not even Skullknight's. If Miura spent time telling those stories, they'd be a delight to read. But if I never learned more about who some of the more...
  4. R

I'm not so ready to write Harrington off yet, but I can understand how others aren't big on him. I see it as the show's weakness more than anything. In the TV show, Jon Snow is a bystander in his own life. I feel like he's just standing around, watching the story unfold beside the rest of us...
  5. R

I'm not at all impressed with how the show has handled Jon's arc. It's completely understandable to me whenever TV audiences say they aren't into the character. The show doesn't really do anything to highlight what makes him interesting, which is quite an accomplishment considering how many...
  6. R

How do you think Berserk will end?

Thanks for the summarization of the scene. I appreciate you taking the time to give me the 411 and I can find absolutely no flaw in your post. As I sad in the original version of this post before I edited it to reflect your updated comments, I came out of lurking to become a better Berserk...
  7. R

She's seen that he's willing to go to severe lengths to achieve his ambition from the sequence where he's trying to wash away the guilt from giving himself over to Genon in order to gain a war chest. While I don't know how 'Griffith fans' interpret that scene, I'd be willing to give the notion...
  8. R

The impression I get from a lot of people who believe that Casca could still love Griffith is that they are Griffith fans that want to somehow justify his decisions as pragmatically sticking to some ruthless principle. And that because those qualities are what caused her to become so devoted to...
  9. R

About the only three speculations I have ever had about how Berserk would end are that: 1.) Rickert will somehow play a very important role in the resolution. Like, a major key participant. 2.) Guts may have a 'somewhat happy' ending (paraphrasing), but I feel that during the climactic...
  10. R

Speculation about Movie IV

Without having researched the reason for Adon's expansion in the TV series, and comparing his role in Berserk '97 to other similar 'buffoon' type characters in other anime and manga, it feels like the animation studio wanted to have a conventional second rate minion for the heroes to beat up on...
  11. R

Berserk Saga Project News

In all honesty, maybe not another 25 episodes, but surely quite a few more eps between all the stuff they left out of Guts' past, Wyald, the fighting tournament after Guts left the Band of the Falcon, Charlotte's father, the Skullknight, the resolution after the eclipse. They took an entire...
  12. R

Berserk Saga Project News

They could have made another season of the TV series or another two or three movies out of all the stuff that was left out of the Golden Age in the anime adaptations. It's a shame that the SAGA project was such a failure. I really wanted to like it, and didn't mind the heavy CGI all that much...
  13. R

What other anime/manga do you enjoy/watch?

Man we are on the same exact wavelength right now. I don't want to sound like I'm casing on modern anime, because I know there are a lot of fans of stuff coming out today, but I've been watching anime and reading manga since the late 70s, and I love the art direction of that era all the up...
  14. R

What Would You Ask Miura?

Sorry again for any confusion about my line of question. I'm a new guy and I'm just trying to fit in without being too much of a troublemaker :carcus:
  15. R

What Would You Ask Miura?

Well, I know this question won't be making it on to the next interview submission:D EDIT: I was just asked in a PM if I believe Casca was raped. Let me clear up that question. Absolutely. She was raped. To imply that there was even a part of her that just saw Femto and jumped on him is...
Top Bottom