Recent content by residentgrigo

1. residentgrigo

[2022] Berserk: The Golden Age MEMORIAL EDITION

You Get Nothing! You Lose! Good Day, Sir! (Thank god.) https://berserk-me.com/ The ME is confirmed to be 13 eps long btw through the BluRay.
  2. residentgrigo

The new scene starts at 16:30 and proves that this team is as bad a choice as the 2016/17 one to adapt the manga. Guts attacking Casca being skipped in the 1997 anime and the 3rd film was always a black eye for both but seeing it adapted this cheaply hurt. Skipping vital scenes might be the...
  3. residentgrigo

The bar conversation with Judeau starting at min 10:08 is new to the films. It lasts till 20:08 so exactly 10 minutes are new but 2 minutes of it has to be stock footage. It's all cheaply animated (no budget for winter cloth models could be found), badly directed and has tons of stock footage...
  4. residentgrigo

The bonfire lasts from 8:07 to 21:46 in the 1997 anime and why Griffith wasn´t removed from the rescue? His inclusion is as bonkers as removing the bonfire and makes Guts and him look like besties. Take out his model of the scenes as he already does nothing, keep Judeau´s head steady when they...
  5. residentgrigo

I would not have noticed that there was new stuff if I wasn´t told what to look for. So it is both seamless and not spottable (in a bad way). An old scene that was now finished? To save everyone time. The new bit starts at 14:14 and lasts till 15:25. That is what needs to be sliced into movie 2...
  6. residentgrigo

Psycho-Pass Extended Edition aired in 2014 to advertise S2 and to tie-in with the novelization of S1. Eps 2 were combined into 1 and every ep got exactly 2 new scenes (acknowledging the novel) with improved CG and the touched-up Blu-Ray animation. Director´s cuts are their own thing and this...
  7. residentgrigo

Not that I am a big fan of the Psycho-Pass IP but IG proved with it that an extended TV cut of older material can work and be unanimously regarded as the superior version so I don´t really get how this production came about. Most TV cuts (Gundam Unicorn/The Origins, GitS: Arise) are simple...
  8. residentgrigo

I am only fast-forwarding through these to view the new scenes so all my time so far was wasted. Around 19 minutes of new material can be inserted if this will run for 13 eps and things will need to be cut by around a minute with no room for inserts if this will run for only 12 eps. Which is the...
  9. residentgrigo

Movies you've recently watched

Zack Snyder's Justice League fully delivered. The time I spent on the RTSC campaign was justfied. The fans and I are getting this train back on the road. #RestoreTheSnyderVerse is clearly going places. Ayer Cut next. I also love how bad the new, well old, version makes Joss Whedon and the old WB...
  10. residentgrigo

Episode 358

I love how Griffith and Miura turn the perfectly innocent and valid topic of war orphans and refugees into establishing Starship Troopers type fascism (the book is even better than the film) in one single speech. This was also the most characterization he got in at least a decade. The rapid...
  11. residentgrigo

Episode 358

I have exactly one wish for this publication period and that is to finally see Griffith´s wedding. I still can´t believe that the Rickert arc didn´t feature it.
  12. residentgrigo

Twin Peaks Returns

Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier came out this week and it popery ties up Annie´s and to a certain degree Audrey´s story. A lot of the info within can be pieced together from S03 but this one is a sequel to it, unlike Mark Frost´s previous and much more labyrinthian The Secret History of Twin...
  13. residentgrigo

What are you watching? (television thread)

The Alt-Right (if that is the right term) is apparently trying to hijack the fan base and i can´t say that i am happy about all the fake drama Star Trek Discovery is getting. The pilot was a bit too in media-res and the lack of development for the charters who were only in ep.1+2 is noticeable...
  14. residentgrigo

New Berserk Anime for 2016

Here is sales data for the show, of the final volume too: 577 Blu Ray copies in the first week... with the promise of getting an even 600 in the second week, i guess. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-09-26/japan-animation-blu-ray-disc-ranking-september-18-24/.121870 I would love to...
  15. residentgrigo

SkullKast: Episode 89 - Arrival [Vol 21 Review, Pt 2]

Re: Skullknight.NET Podcast: Episode 89 I actually met about 10 Berserk readers in RL, but it´s not that unusual to meet comic/anime fans. I introduced most to Berserk myself, so they don´t count. One sticks out though, as a 10 years younger girl who goes to the same university as me (i need a...
Top Bottom