Recent content by Roderick

1. R

2016 Berserk TV series: Episode 12

Not that it's much surprising, but now that this season is over, a deluge of fan reviews have surfaced today blasting this series. Sure there are inexplicable defenders, but for every one of those there's at least five panning it. Also more than a few giving this the "honor" of most...
  2. R

Berserk Musou (PS3, PS4, PC)

Yeah, in game mostly. FMV style is usually pretty rare, limited to the game-start and maybe one or two key moments in story mode including the ending. Otherwise they use in-game graphic models, which is fine by me. Just don't want long clips from the anime(s).
  3. R

2017 Berserk TV Series (Season 2)

Same here. I thought this was just going to end with a wimper, we could collectively bury the remains and forget this ever exited except as a hunting reminder of how badly this series can be botched. But no, "Berserk 2016" looks like it might overtake the '97 series in overall number of...
  4. R

2017 Berserk TV Series (Season 2)

I agree. It will pretty much end where the PS2 game ends, shortly after the fight with Grunbeld and as the depart the forest. Now if there's a season 3 (please no), I'll be a bit at a loss as to where it ends. Probably a case of them dragging out the Vrannitis material and war with Ganishka...
  5. R

2016 Berserk TV series: Episode 12

There was one thing that this series did better than it's predecessors--retain some of the goofball comedy that was sprinkled throughout the series. The 1997 toned that down heavily and the movies nearly eradicated it. A bit ironic that it was one of the few strengths of the 2016 series...
  6. R

I am also worried about the cutscenes. I was hoping for newly rendered material like their previous titles, but if they're just going to port over anime footage, I won't be happy. I'm sure that the game-start cinematic will be CGI, but story mode may be another story. Standard mobs tend to...
  7. R

2016 Berserk TV series: Episode 11

I'm wondering now just how many fixes we'll see when these get to blu-ray. Still seems like they're patching up the stupidest visual and audio mistakes even near the end of the series. In addition, some claim that the blu-ray will include more "uncensored" material. I mean, bald Azan is...
  8. R

Outside of potential multi-player (which I have never played), you are assigned one particular faction to play as while completing whichever mission the game assigns for you. You can only choose one character to play as per session while your allies are either scripted (usually story mode) or...
  9. R

Kinda sluggish for Zodd, but the big guys are usually made to be the slow ones in these games. Sweet transformation, but the special is pretty lame.
  10. R

2016 Berserk TV series: Episode 10

On the bright side, The Beherit Egg Apostle looked quite good in 3-D. Sure, it's kind of hard to mess up an egg shape, but even still it moved around fairly lifelike and used additional touches when necessary. Also the apostle pretty well handled. I do agree that the anime kind of...
  11. R

2016 Berserk TV series: Episode 9

Better, but I don't think it was their "best." Big issue with how the mass of demons/spirits looked. Looked way too much like "The Blob" right down to the strawberry jam appearance. I would've hoped for a darker crimson color at least. Though I think they put a bit more effort in some of the...
  12. R

BERSERK Reunion (2017)

Going by the site, it seems that the guy is attempting to help launch a live-action TV series in the vein of Game of Thrones. The project he is proposing is a "proof of concept", meaning a rough pilot that will be pitched to interested parties (i.e. HBO and Netflix) which will allegedly lead to...
  13. R

2016 Berserk TV series: Episode 7

Was better than last weeks' at least, in terms of pacing. About on par with episode 5. I mentioned once that Isidro and Puck are the best things in this adaptation and it seems more definite now. Their VAs are among the few that seem like they are actually trying and the more comedic scenes...
  14. R

If anything, it suggests that the game will indeed have a primary focus on the Golden Age arc. Now that they are advertising apostles and suggesting there's more beyond Zodd, I'm kinda hoping the game includes Wyald. He's more humanoid, can wield a weapon, and his story sequence is very...
  15. R

Pretty standard Koei gameplay, so it's not unexpected. As with prior Koei games, the main appeal will be playing as certain characters other than the main one, the cutscenes, and the fanservicey banter between characters that would otherwise never interact in the main series. Maps might be...
Top Bottom