Recent content by seasnipper

1. seasnipper

The Holy See and the God Hand

Yes, I was digressing and responding more to a trend I've seen from time to time of putting too much security in exact Catholic parallels, apologies
  2. seasnipper

The Holy See and the God Hand

Good post. To add my own thoughts and digressions to this thread, I don't necessarily thing the similarity of the symbol of the Holy See and the sacrificial brand without question indicates the creation of the former entailed explicit knowledge of the latter (though this is possible), given they...
  3. seasnipper

seasnipper's Art

Old sketch of Casca and child (somewhat) finalized+scanned. Graphite, roughly 5''x 3''
  4. seasnipper

seasnipper's Art

Coloring of Casca from 359- finished it before the whole chapter was released, so I was under the assumption that this panel was post rather than pre-training, hence the sweat drops. Hope you all enjoy.
  5. seasnipper

What are you reading?

I'm thinking of picking up Kafka's Metamorphosis. It has a pretty irresistible premise.
  6. seasnipper

You every try spoon carving?

You every try spoon carving?
  7. seasnipper

seasnipper's Art

Cowboy Casca Casca in Manco Won't let me insert images directly so this is the best I can do. Troubleshooting on this?
  8. seasnipper

Dollars Trilogy

Just watched the first two movies in Sergio Leone's Dollars trilogy for the first time, even after seeing the Good, Bad and the Ugly at least thrice. It's filled me with an unquenchable thirst for westerns. Would highly recommend the first two if you haven't seen them already or haven't bought...
  9. seasnipper

The relevance of Berserk's opening scene

You are free to disagree with it to any extent, but my response is not disingenuous. I do not know Japanese, so I will have to take your word for it.
  10. seasnipper

Grammatical mistake on my part, should have been "while not," not "if not." My bad. While it is not an act of rape, it is still an act of sexual violence (in the most literal sense) for both parties, in that both are attempting to exploit sex in order to commit violence. Also, the...
  11. seasnipper

seasnipper's Art

Should work now
  12. seasnipper

I don't mean to be rude, but Guts had to have a means of sensing and tracking her similar to his pursuit of the other apostles...I don't think he just stripped, whipped his dick out and said come and get it. If he was able to locate her and recognize her as an apostle to have sex with her then...
  13. seasnipper

Clearly he did not engage with the Apostle out sexual desire, and I do not remember stating this in any way shape or form. And certainly I believe it was intended to maliciously subvert and destroy the apostle-Guts has never had a problem simply using brute force so I would find it hard to...
  14. seasnipper

Guts's relationship with vulnerability or "intimacy" in sex is pretty clearly laid out in the choking scene with Casca where it's shown that he has a mutual coping strategy and deep rooted fear at assuming the position of abuser. It only makes sense that the way he is able to engage sexually...
  15. seasnipper

Personally, I wouldn't say "utter disregard for himself" as his quest for vengeance is ultimately self centered, fulfilling a personal need for satisfaction of destructive urges, even if that includes self destruction. I do agree, however, that the self hatred and self harm are veiled but...
Top Bottom