Recent content by Shadax

1. S

Episode 315

Everyone is pining for Skullknight to help against the Sea God, but I think Isma is there for a reason. I think there is a big chance of her being the one who subdues old Cthulu in some fashion in the end instead of some hack n slash.
  2. S

Episode 315

It could also be that this outbreak of the beast is not that serious a threat to Guts or the rest of the crew. It is part of Guts and it does need him for survival and as such it might just be a case of it taking over a bit, directing all its rage at the monsters and then subsiding again for now...
  3. S

Other Miura art?

While looking up that image, I really noticed how much he has grown as an artist over the years. In the beginning, his art was already good, but it still had many conventional was of drawing things. In his later work he seems so much more free and having found a personal and natural way to...
  4. S

Other Miura art?

Heh..that cover is so....not what I would normally associate with him, despite his use of chibi versions of characters in the manga. A shame that there isn't a lot of work of his outside of Berserk. Berserk is great, but other kinds of work would be great just to see him doing something...
  5. S

Other Miura art?

I've tried searching the site, but the number of hits with Miura and art is more then I would like to search through unless I have a full weekend. So, I'm curious if anyone knows places with some good alternate Miuara art besides Berserk? I'm curious about his other works and I mostly mean...
  6. S

Episode 312

Ok, I haven't been here in a while so yes, this is a reply to an old post. Seriously, what is wrong with you?(plural) You seem like such an intelligent bunch most of the time, yet at other times you seem to go with kneejerk reactions just looking for things to flame even if there is no reason...
  7. S

Episode 312

Ok, since you felt the need to pick apart my post I"ll bite. It was just my assumption on how many people could feel about it. Not my personal view, nor yours perhaps, but there are quite a few people whom I know that feel/felt like this about certain parts. Not something important enough to...
  8. S

Episode 312

The reason these "asides" seem so painfull and distracting atm is because beserk comes out at a slower pace then we personally want to which sort of skews our sense of pacing for the story. Making it seem like certain parts are dragged out when in reality they aren't. Also, this whole seagod...
  9. S

Episode 312

I really think Isma is an entity of her own apart from the "sea god". We all saw how creatures from legends and stories have been coming into the world and a little island that thrives on sea trade and fishing is bound to have many stories about mermaid creatures and such and a strong belief in...
  10. S

Episode 309

I don't think the new people will be permanent group members. They will probably be around for a while, but they mostly don't fit into the group in the long run. They might become regulars later on where they play parts in the story or help the team and tag along for periods etc, but not as a...
  11. S

Episode 307

We still have to even delve more deeply into the moonlight boy thing. But in the end, small details like with Rakshas come into play later at some point, which I really like about this series. Berserk doesn't simply pull plot conveniences out of nowhere.
  12. S

Is Guts responsible for the age of darkness?

I personally like to believe that Guts might not be able to go against causality, but that he does have a say in how he plays his role in it, being the struggler that he is. He will play his part, but in his own way, unlike a helpless puppet as most of the other people are. He is allowed to...
  13. S

Episode 305

Whoever said that after Ganishka, these hydras etc really aren't that impressive or scary, I personally disagree. Ganishka was just one being and he was sort of a special case in a far off place. Now we all of a sudden have completely alien predators like the hydra invading this reality. I find...
  14. S

Is Guts responsible for the age of darkness?

Guts was a requisite for this all. Noone but Guts could have made Griffith fall like he did in the end. But Guts is not responsible, he is just as much a victim in this.
  15. S

Episode 305

It's been a while since I was really excited about a new berserk episode, but this one finally has the stuff I love again, and then some! I do like how Miura stays close to classical representations of mythological creatures. Why go out of your way to come up with some freakish alien design...
Top Bottom