Recent content by Sixtopia

1. Sixtopia

How Did You Find Out About Berserk?

One of my old roommates in college was a big fan of manga and knew I liked anime, so he would often suggest shows to me that I normally wouldn't know of. He told me about Berserk and suggested I watch the '97 anime, which I watched in 2015. This was my first introduction to the series. I really...
  2. Sixtopia

Has anyone developed any interesting accents for characters while reading?

I actually use voices from other media (mainly video games) to fit the characters in Berserk while reading. It's more of a subconscious thing; looking at these characters, building my own interpretation of their personalities, and matching them to characters in video games. Their voices mostly...
  3. Sixtopia

Whats stopping Serpico from one shotting Zodd?

I don't think Zodd is stupid enough to put himself in a position where that could happen. :zodd:
  4. Sixtopia

Help me explain why Guts won't use his beherit

Ah I completely forgot about the Road of Dragons. I also never considered Puck's attachment to his "betchi" to have significance (I'm only at episode 20 of the podcast, still working my way up). Though as I'm re-reading through the manga, it's clear Puck's been drawn to Beherits from the start.
  5. Sixtopia

Help me explain why Guts won't use his beherit

To piggy-back off what Aaz said, a Beherit is not something you use. It is not a tool. Flora says this in Volume 24, episode "Magic Stone". Here are some of quotes of Flora in this episode: "You think this is something that can be used if only you find the means, but it is not ... When the time...
  6. Sixtopia

Dark Horse Releases

Comixology has previews. There's a little "See what's inside" link under the cover image if you're on a page for one of the volumes.
  7. Sixtopia

Dark Horse Releases

That's awesome! Will definitely pick these up eventually as backups. I love seeing companies making efforts to stay relevant in the digital age. Just to add to this, the digital version of the manga is also available directly from Dark Horse here...
  8. Sixtopia

What Are You Playing?

Picked up Gears of War 4 on sale a few months ago and just got around to playing it now. I've started to adopt the "patient gamer" mentality, waiting ~6+ months after a games release before buying it. Let the hype die down and look at a game for what it is, get it cheaper and sometimes with the...
  9. Sixtopia

How to buy the digital edition of Young Animal online

I completely forgot to check the Japanese store. Thank you.
  10. Sixtopia

Can you provide links to back this up? I could not find Berserk on Bookwalker and IIRC Berserk is definitely not on Kindle.
  11. Sixtopia

Gotcha, I may just buy volume 39 from CDJapan then. I'm figuring the Dark Horse version will be out this winter the earliest so that's my best bet. I've used CDJapan before for other things so I trust them. Also it's strange that it's cheaper to import the volume from Japan, including shipping...
  12. Sixtopia

The Art of Rapaz!

This looks great! I love how you drew the title and the sneaky little Beherit at the bottom. :ubik:
  13. Sixtopia

Does anyone know how long it typically takes for new volumes to be available digitally? I've been looking to purchase the episodes that were released after volume 38, though only the most recent few issues of Young Animal are available to purchase on this website. Considering volume 39 was...
  14. Sixtopia

The significance of the white dove that Puck rode on in "The Brand" episode

Ah, I've only read the Dark Horse prints which don't include any colored panels. I looked up the original panel online and it all makes sense now; it looks much darker in grayscale. I believe it is twilight/dusk at that point in time so the scene is darker overall than usual.
  15. Sixtopia

The significance of the white dove that Puck rode on in "The Brand" episode

Hi everyone, new member here! I recently finished reading Berserk for the first time and have just started re-reading it. I've also started listening to the SkullKast from the beginning where the admins always discuss details that can only really be noticed having re-read the manga. With this in...
Top Bottom