Recent content by Skullgrin140

1. S

Remembering Kentarou Miura

It's hard to imagine, two years later that a light that was burning so fiercely and holding up so much go out so suddenly. But two years later especially how much the legacy has endured and so has the work Miura left behind, it's beautiful to see that some legacies are never truly forgotten...
  2. S

Some Tributes by me

These are some tributes I made back in 2021 & 2022, in memory of Kentaro Miura. But also as an unrelated bonus, Benoît Sokal (The creator of the game series Syberia). Both creators passed away in the same month, days apart from each other. Neither of them have anything in common, but they're...
  3. S

Episodes 365 & 366

Reading this now is difficult to really take in and I know that it's not the same without Kentaro Miura, but looking at these two episodes back to back. It really shows that the artists involved gave nothing but their 100% to stay as close to what Miura drew, granted it's not completely Miura...
  4. S

Passing of the Dragonslayer

I still have doubts and concerns about how all of this is going to turn out, but I want to remain optimistic about all of this. In Kouji Mori's hands I think Berserk might be okay, there's no one else I can trust more than Mori to continue this series forward and finish what Kentaro Miura wasn't...
  5. S

Young Animal announces a continuation of Berserk by Studio Gaga, supervised by Kouji Mori

Soon as this news hit me I became a little worried and concerned and I have so many conflicting thoughts about this. On one hand I have complete confidence in Kouji Mori and the rest of Studio Gaga for continuing on without Kentaro Miura especially as Bersek is so close to grand finale and of...
  6. S

Remembering Kentarou Miura

I'm going back and revisiting moments in Berserk that meant alot to me as well as going over so many of the analysis videos left behind in the wake of Miura's passing a year later. It hurts. It hurts because as much as I love this series and as much as I love what it gave me and what it can...
  7. S

How the Journey Ends

This isn't the ending we want...but it's ending we need and you know what? I'm satisfied and it ties up the journey, it's hardships, it's pain and struggles and it's triumphs neatly in a bow and walks away with a smile.
  8. S

Has anyone else listened to Hirasawa Susumu's solo work?

As much as possible and when I can as much as possible. I know it seems a little bit overplayed to constantly put Hirasawa constantly with Berserk but his music is really the only way I can ever really go through that series, largely because it's so out of this world that you wouldn't think...
  9. S

Kentarou Miura has passed away

I honestly didn't want to think about this kind of thing in my life time, because we knew that in some way or another that it would happen. But I'm crushed that it happened so soon and at such a young age, It's no exaggeration that Berserk and the legacy of Kentaro Miura are nothing short of an...
  10. S

Previously unseen pictures of Miura (from Akkiu's blog)

A shame he keeps his identity a secret most of the time, because Miura comes across like a pretty nice guy. If he did convention appearances imagine the amazing reception he would get.
  11. S

Skullgrin140's Art Thread

This has kind of been a long time coming...since I got back into art during 2011 I've been drawing nonstop lately and as you can see for the most part I have been drawing nothing but Transformers as that remains to be my biggest interest. However I'm taking a break from that and branching into...
  12. S

My Berserk Colours

I've been admiring so many of the Berserk digital manga colouring's through the years and the time I've been on here. In that time as I've been building myself up as an artist more and more and lately I've had a go at colouring some of my favourite pages from the manga. Granted these have more...
  13. S

SkullKast: Episode 99 - When will Berserk end?

This was difficult to listen to as when I hear about how Berserk will end, it always makes me a little on edge about how Kentaro Miura is doing. Especially since he's poured his life, blood, sweat and tears into this story and did a great job with it. But that being said, great episode guys!
  14. S

Episode 358

Aaaaand just like that we're off again. I'd better bring a pillow because it looks like the impact of this will be hard.
  15. S

Cowboy Bebop Live-Action

I've heard, I'm anxious and curious about how and where that goes. Because If done well Akira COULD work if it was handled by the right people, But in this day and age that's almost hard to find, So I'm on the fence about that until concept art, a trailer and the cast is announced.
Top Bottom