Recent content by Somnambulist

1. Somnambulist

What are you reading?

I agree. It's not bad, but it is by far the weakest of the dystopian "holy trinity" (the other two being 1984 and Brave New World, both great and some of my favorite books in general).
  2. Somnambulist

Remembering Kentarou Miura

Yeah, same for me. I've just accepted the fact that it won't get any easier and that it will always hurt, precisely because it feels unfair and it was so sudden, among other things. The fact that they continue the story makes it even harder, because is a constant reminder that everything changed...
  3. Somnambulist

Berserk Community Re-Read: Volume 2 (current)

Vol. 01 There are not many stories that start with a bang (get it? Bang! ) and leave such a lasting impression upon the reader. Whether is done for that reason, for shock factor or anything else, it definitely succeeds at grabbing your attention. I started buying Berserk after I finished the...
  4. Somnambulist

What is your favourite manga? (besides the obvious one)

Berserk and One Piece will always be my favorite manga series, and some of my favorite fiction in general. They were my only ongoing series in manga that I've been reading since 2007, constant companions through the years, now only One Piece remains...:judo:Besides my personal sentimental...
  5. Somnambulist

Episode 369

After the chapter ends, I wonder what "Miura's ideas" are going to amount to. Because so far, it seems to me that the only completely safe guess is Casca's abduction. Other than that? The truth is that we have 5 episodes of just filling the gaps, with the inherent liberty that such an action...
  6. Somnambulist

Episode 369

I know and I agree, but if I had to guess, I'd say that so far the magazine sales are probably doing ok. Once they'll start publishing volumes, well, things may be a little different. I'm also curious about the reception by japanese fans so far...
  7. Somnambulist

Episode 369

I didn't say that was the case. We'll see if the general excitement that seems to exist so far also translates to sales, sometime along the way. I personally hope it does not.
  8. Somnambulist

Episode 369

It IS fanfiction, it was always gonna be. It's just sprinkled with some canon info about the ways turn out along the way. Even if the continuation project was alright or passable (for Berserk standards), it would still be, essentially, an officially approved fanfic. I really hope it gets...
  9. Somnambulist

Do y’all see any point in speculating what will happen in the future anymore?

I personally don't see any point in speculating after episode 364, but it's interesting watching other people react and voicing their opinion. It is an interesting case though like you all said, considering the circumstances, and definitely rises a few questions, both about Berserk and about the...
  10. Somnambulist

Episode 368

I hate the fact that Damn, I considered this project an official fanfic, but from feeling apathetic towards it since its announcement and the results so far, now I actually feel angry.
  11. Somnambulist

Episodes 365 & 366

After reading these episodes, I think that I will see this whole continuation project as a weird case of "official Berserk fanfic". I know it sounds weird as a description, but for now, that's the best description that I can give. I knew that I would have a hard time accepting the continuation...
  12. Somnambulist

The Story Behind Your Username

Mine is inspired from the character (the somnambulist) of the German silent horror film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920).
  13. Somnambulist

Young Animal announces a continuation of Berserk by Studio Gaga, supervised by Kouji Mori

Again, that's a very subjective matter. No one can guarantee that this attempt is the "correct" way to pass the information to the public, or that it will be the most satisfying option. Without Miura's visual storytelling it's just not the same, so from that point of view I would be fine with a...
  14. Somnambulist

Young Animal announces a continuation of Berserk by Studio Gaga, supervised by Kouji Mori

Haha, yeah, it sounds a little harsh:ganishka: Kinda funny in a playful way thought. For the time being, I'm sticking with "Berserk continuation project", it's neutral and when I see the results and the way I feel about them, maybe I'll modify the title for better or for worse, who knows...
  15. Somnambulist

@Frogacuda Well, it's really a matter of personal preferences. It's pretty subjective and I expect it to be even more devisive as soon as we get the actual episodes. Getting a continuation under these circumstances seems to be a good thing, no doubt about that, but I still would prefer a...
Top Bottom