Recent content by space_elevator

1. S

Goat God

That illustration shows up in a few things, probably. I remember an episode of Urusei Yatsura (looking it up I think it was the fist half of ep. 12) where the gang follows Sakura to a disco on a date with her boyfriend. He traveled to europe to learn western magic, and summons satan on the...
  2. S

Episode 290

Takarajima, I think. The Osamu Dezaki one.
  3. S

Would Casca be able to handle the branded life?

My reply to the topic: Meiko Kaji. I'm stopping there, I'd just undermine my own position trying to justify it.
  4. S

New default theme - SKnet 2.0 - BOLD new era

It looks excellent, kudos to you for job well done, sir. I'm very appreciative of all the effort everyone who contributes puts into this site, and it's reassuring to see things on the internet get updated. I start to get separation anxiety if sites look the same for too long, what with the...
  5. S

Who is the worst father in Berserk?

I could go so far as argue his role as a class war stereotype could be redeemed by his relationship with his daughter.  You can think of his Golden Age antagonism as a long term defense of his child's future if you so choose.  He's really a fairly major minor character, sort of in a...
  6. S

Who is the worst father in Berserk?

I voted for the king.  To my way of thinking Charlotte turned out worse than Guts, Farnese, Serpico, Jill or even Magnifico.  Plus he was essentially the "father" of Midland, and he didn't exactly take home the gold with that either. But I've got to echo the consensus on Guts- he is, more...
  7. S

Supreme King Aolsier: Previous DS owner

Hmm, if we examine that image carefully, Aolsier looks posed the way Miura draws characters leading battle charges, doesn't he?  If we know he was the King of Tudor and the Dragon Slayer was forged during the Hundred Years War, it stands to reason he might have been a powerful field general. ...
  8. S

Yay! Reasonable doubt!  I can't express my joy.   Sorry, I was just trying to suggest the author had an opportunity to expand the backstory there, and didn't.  That's no basis for conclusions, but it was the last opportunity for Guts (w/DS) to interact with those groups and expand on his...
  9. S

I'm as obtuse as possible, but hopefully I won't disturb things by sticking this in here.  It might even play well to the intentions of the discussion.  :???: Speaking of this mystery kingdom that commissioned the DS, it couldn't have been Eath, could it?  Lots of nobles and military commanders...
Top Bottom