Recent content by Sunbather

1. Sunbather

Movies you've recently watched

Some recent watches on my end: The Gray Man, Into the Night, Annihilation, Klute, Hard Boiled, and The Killer (1989). Varying degrees of good and bad. :ganishka:
  2. Sunbather

SkullKast 115: Remembering Kentarou Miura

I would also like to give my sincere thank you to the wonderful folks of SK.net for putting this podcast together. Collectively, you guys and gals summed up what the Berserk fanbase must certainly be feeling now. I’m still in utter disbelief. There will never be another Kentarō Miura. Rest In Peace.
  3. Sunbather

Kentarou Miura has passed away

I feel like I’m still in denial. This one hurts.
  4. Sunbather

Dark Horse Releases "Deluxe" Berserk Edition

Out of curiosity, is anyone holding out and not purchasing the deluxe releases in the hopes that DH has a different type of release in the near future? I’ve kinda soured on the deluxe releases after seeing the multiple errors and, frankly, somewhat lazy release (cover, lack of color pages...
  5. Sunbather

Dark Horse going toe-to-toe with Viz seeing who has worse quality control :ganishka:
  6. Sunbather

Nintendo Switch

There's obviously a market for the Switch Lite, but I can't really say I would go for it. I like being able to dock and play on my TV.
  7. Sunbather

The New Picture Thread

Congrats, Walter:ubik:
  8. Sunbather

Good completed seinen fantasy mangas to read while waiting Berserk's new chapters

I’m quite fond of Naoki Urasawa’s works myself. 20th Century Boys, while not strictly fantasy, is a really fun, completed seinen manga. Ditto with Monster and Pluto (soon-to-be anime). What’s nice is that most of his works are somewhat short. Pluto is 8 volumes for example. Edit: Parasyte is a...
  9. Sunbather

REAL, Inoue's other basketball manga

REAL has been a pleasure to read so far. Over the past few months I've bought new series that I've been wanted to read and get into for a while, but none have captivated me as much as REAL. Maybe it's my childhood love of basketball, maybe it's Inoue's unabashed love of the sport, art and...
  10. Sunbather

The Thread of Zelda

Christ lol. Ignore what I wrote, I clearly have no clue what I'm saying :ganishka: Thanks for the link Walter.
  11. Sunbather

The Thread of Zelda

Well, regardless of how the story in this game plays out, I'm pretty excited to see what they do in terms of upgrades for gameplay, dungeons, etc. If this will be anything like what Majora's Mask was to OoT, I'd be happy with that. Seems like the overall world is staying the same; not sure if...
  12. Sunbather

Movies to look forward to

Those Godzilla Netflix movies should have been 1 at most! :ganishka:The first two were a chore to get through. Liked the twist on Ghidora in the final film though. But ditto on the new movie; hoping it is faithful to the Godzilla franchise as a whole. I thought the 2014 film was enjoyable for...
  13. Sunbather

Dollars Trilogy

I'd also say Eastwood's Unforgiven is a must watch for anyone interested in Western films. One of my favorite films in general, not just Westerns.
  14. Sunbather

https://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/2783/behemoth-manga-berserk-receive-deluxe-editions-dar From DH's blog: "Kentaro Miura's Berserk has outraged, horrified, and delighted readers since 1989. Now, the champion of adult fantasy manga is presented in a handsome embossed hardcover edition amassing the...
  15. Sunbather

What are you listening to? (general music thread)

Haven been listening to: Pony (album) by Orville Peck, Vertebrae by Enslaved, and the Helloween discography the past month. Orville Peck or country music in general usually isn't my thing, but I saw them open for Lord Huron this past weekend and I really dug the vibe they were going for. Bit of...
Top Bottom