Recent content by TelegramSam

1. T

Berserk Hiatus for 19+ Weeks—A New Record

I have to agree with Walter, I'm just happy that a series I started following my freshman year of high school is still kicking all these years later. Just look at the quality of Berserk compared to series that are forced to adhere to a strict publishing schedule, and I don't think there's any...
  2. T

Is there a chance Magnifico will install Puck as the puppet Elf Emperor?

I was re-reading the recent episodes, and I couldn't help myself... :puck:
  3. T

A lack of Berserk - Dark Horse & DMP

I don't want to keep de-railing this thread, but I would like to address some of the issues involved and in particular Dark Horse's financial status, that Aazealh alluded to. I don't want to badmouth Dark Horse anyway as I am a fan of their work and a customer, but the facts are the facts and...
  4. T

Berserk Ultimate Edition (manga)

Personally, I would really like to see larger page size and paper quality while being part of a TPB, a great example is the recently released (but sadly out of print) Xenozoic Tales reissue -...
  5. T

Just to clarify, I would like to say that I don't support piracy and have purchased each of the U.S. volumes. Having said that, I took a look at a not to be named torrent site and was quite surprised by the results. I do see your point, but I just don't know that going forward you are going to...
  6. T

I think you are right to the extent that they don't help or benefit growth in anyway, Walter, but I still think the extent to which they hurt sales is greatly overstated. I really believe it's more of switch in consumer tastes. Let me give an example: I have an 18 year old cousin who I...
  7. T

I have to say, I do agree with you to some extent, but I really doubt that scanlations had a major impact one way or another. I think it has far more to do with changing tastes in enterainment; there were easily traded .rar/.zip scanlations on Usenet in the 90's, back when Viz was at the top of...
  8. T

Dragon Slayer breaking

Call me crazy, but I've been of the opposite opinion for some time. What's to say that the DS won't live on long after Guts? Suppose Guts somehow destroys Femto/Griffith, but not the entire God Hand and the DS is still out there cutting down apostles long after the current characters are gone...
  9. T

POLL: Vote for Your 2 Favorite Characters

He is still a narcissistic prick of the first order, though. :ganishka:
  10. T

Episode 333

Miura still has nothing on Kazushi Hagiwara. Give me a two year break, then we'll talk... Anyway, great news, and glad to hear that Berserk is coming back finally. Still hoping for Elfhelm in 2013.
  11. T

My avatar, your avatar

Thanks for that, really, it's probably my favorite piece of fan art. If I can get it looking right after I resize it, it will be my new avatar shortly.
  12. T

Your most hated words

I understand what you're saying, I don't think I conveyed my point properly. Right now, I think that hipsters are into videogames. When I was a teenager, you were a pariah is you were into 16/32 bit era gaming. There was a level plain on which "gamers" and "otakus" (and even that word isn't...
  13. T

Your most hated words

You know Aazealh, you raise a really interesting point, personally I liken it to music. Certain subcultures rise and then fall because it's human nature to divide ourselves into groups and then point them against other groups. Take music: I was a kid in the late 90's, and the record stores I...
  14. T

My avatar, your avatar

How about Guts and Casca as Mulder and Scully? Or, if not that, Guts and Griffith as Agent Cooper and Sheriff Harry S. Truman from Twin Peaks? or
  15. T

Pope Benedict XVI is set to retire - first Pope to retire in over 600 years

I'm a practicing Catholic, and I have to say people are largely getting their hopes up without reason. The Cardinals are far, far more conservative/traditional than your average American parish. Ordaining women and contraceptives are not on the agenda right now, if anything getting the child...
Top Bottom