Recent content by The Ruffled Swordsman

1. T

The Unifying Theory of The Skull Knight [April Fool's 2015]

I love this kind of april fools joke, its a great prank and then when the reveal comes it feels like a beautiful celebration of through pranking. thumbs way up for the content
  2. T

Love in Berserk (Guts and Casca and others)

One thing i thought was key about Judeau is he had unrequited love for Casca, in the same way Casca had unrequited love for Griffith. I thought Judeau it goes without saying is a noble character, and I've often seen him recognized as such. While Casca was still in her mind's eye set on Griffith...
  3. T

Episode 337

Just finished reading this. I thought one of the most significant panels was one that took up the whole page, of griffith and rickert staring at one another. It hits home, and home in berserk is something that you never truly feel like you can get back to, and when you do it never seems to be...
  4. T

Adventures in YouTube

Japanese Pro Wrestling stars and song...could it be time for a Noah Christmas! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkmVWABgVt0&list=PLv69DV9VVr4VkewLCW8LyL-G5Y6lFE559
  5. T

Why do people say it went downhill after the Golden Age Arc?

hahaha true. But Berserk was ahead of its time, before there was ever game of thrones or a live action adaptation of tolkien, there was Berserk. Its fantasy realism makes the reader/viewer susceptible to view it as reality, and the shock of the explosion of fantasy is so powerful i think its...
  6. T

Berserk Golden Age Arc III: Descent [Review]

Quick thoughts upfront i saw the movie with a group of friends. We had watched the previous two movies together, besides one friend who only watched the second one. These trilogy's have had me excited for each addition. Some of the other people in this group less so, because from the very...
  7. T

Why do people say it went downhill after the Golden Age Arc?

They probably miss the characters that died. It's pretty devastating. Some people think that Breaking Bad didn't become good until season 3, and then some also say it wasn't good after season four. I think that has to do with the epic saga that was contained within that time. When it ended...
  8. T

Causality and destiny, the Berserk world follows a cyclic pattern

the god hand counts on a repeated fate or a reoccuring situation, to have to occur for an apostle to enter the world or for fempto to be made. The fact that there was a similar eclipse like even is also a reoocuring fate. The parrallels between the first elclipse itself were pretty much seem...
  9. T

Causality and destiny, the Berserk world follows a cyclic pattern

I don't know if any of the cycles in berserk, mean that the world of fantasy and reality have merged before in the distinct way that they have with fempto. But there is clearly a cylical nature of fate that the god hand relies on, in order to advance their "goals." We know there was a similar...
  10. T

Berserk nearly over? Or only halfway done?

I always wonder if maybe he will keep the story going after Guts. I don't want him to, but I could see a ten to twenty percent chance that eventually a side character could take up as the main character. It would really be a stretch, but if his main inspiration is the Guin Saga then it doesn't...
  11. T

Episode 295

The shot at the end of this episode where you see Ganishka's ominous figure dwarfing everything is quite powerful.
  12. T

Is Guts going blind?

Well I always thought they still used elf powder, but I remember thinking that Guts's wounds were to big to be healed by those but I guess I was just thinking about the spirtual wounds Slan inflicted on him, back when the Skull Knight discovered the DragonSlayer could cut Astral bodies. Hmm its...
  13. T

Is Guts going blind?

Hmm that makes since I guess. I thought that Flora charms were to heal the spiritual wounds but Schierke was healing actual wounds. In that context that I spoke of he isn't talking about the armor he is talking about his wounds. Because Schierke says he should have rested for four or five...
  14. T

Is Guts going blind?

I would say that it is heavily featured during the time when the Knights of the Holy Iron Chain were pursing Guts. It makes a point that the only way they captured him was because of his injuries not healing properly and being reopened so frequently that it finally caught up to him. Hmmm are...
  15. T

Despite what they say....

Hmmm Clearly Guts was the key behind Griffith's mental state at the time of the Eclipse but if Guts was a pawn for causality why then did he survive the Eclipse. All the Hawks ended up as pawns for Griffith but only Guts and Casca survived. It could be said that Guts life leading up to...
Top Bottom