Recent content by Theozilla

1. Theozilla

Episode 375

It's still kinda extreme to suggest that this continuation is "nothing like what" Miura would have done. It's a given that this will have significant differences from what Miura would have done, but to argue that that there can be no claim of similarity I think unfairly maligns the...
  2. Theozilla

Episodes 365 & 366

Very well. At the very least I hope I conveyed why I (and potentially others) don’t necessarily feel that if it does turn out that Sonia wasn’t involved with how Zodd was able to traverse the branches of the World Tree, how that isn’t damning evidence (from my own perspective at least) that Mori...
  3. Theozilla

Episodes 365 & 366

No, it doesn’t sound particularly anomalous to me (also I personally wouldn’t call a new plot development/reveal/subversion of a status quo a “contradiction”, but that’s an argument over schematics that distracts from the greater point), especially since the the facts have only been...
  4. Theozilla

Episodes 365 & 366

Well I do happen to be neuroatypical, so I do sincerely thank you for further explaining what you mean/meant. And yeah, I agree as a rule of thumb constantly establishing a status quo and then almost immediately subverting it all the time generally doesn’t make for good storytelling. So I...
  5. Theozilla

Episodes 365 & 366

I doubt Mori or Studio Gaga have much input over the publication choices of Dark Horse and how Dark Horse will publish Deluxe editions of the manga.
  6. Theozilla

Episodes 365 & 366

But if it’s simply a new development to reveal something new about the plot/lore/a character/etc. that doesn’t necessarily make it a contradiction/mistake? A story having characters state something as fact and then later having something in the story subvert/adding a wrinkle to what the...
  7. Theozilla

Episodes 365 & 366

I mean that’s essentially one of major inherent cruxes of the issue of Mori and Studio Gaga doing a manga continuation going forwards. Every single reader will have their own set of parameters of what they think is plausible for what Miura may have planned (plot-wise) and what they think is...
  8. Theozilla

Episodes 365 & 366

Sure, but it is also entirely possible that there may be some new plot-point/device introduced in the future episodes that may explain how Zodd navigated the World Tree's branches (if Sonia does end up not being present and/or right behind Zodd) to arrive on Skellig. If it does turn out to be a...
  9. Theozilla

Episodes 365 & 366

No, that's not what I meant by "long-time readers can just barely tell it's not Miura himself", I meant that in that I do think most people (at least those who have read Berserk) can and will be able to tell the difference (since our eyes are primed to notice any differences) when reading with a...
  10. Theozilla

Episodes 365 & 366

By that do you mean you think most long-time readers can easily tell it's not Miura? Or do you mean you don't think the majority of long-time readers would be able to tell the difference?
  11. Theozilla

Episodes 365 & 366

Studio Gaga is doing a very good job art-wise so far,
  12. Theozilla

Episodes 365 & 366

Also it seems like the digitally colored art of Guts tends to give him a slightly more warmer tanned skin-tone than how Guts was colored with traditional art tools/mediums?
  13. Theozilla

Young Animal announces a continuation of Berserk by Studio Gaga, supervised by Kouji Mori

That makes me wonder, will the author’s comments for Berserk going forward be from Kouji Mori or Studio Gaga, or both?
  14. Theozilla

SkullKast 129: Berserk Returns

Good discussion, basically covered similar thoughts and concerns I also had about how the series will work going forwards. It will be interesting to see how much less focus/exploration the supporting cast characters will have and which ones will be the least/most affected by it. (like I am...
  15. Theozilla

Young Animal announces a continuation of Berserk by Studio Gaga, supervised by Kouji Mori

Kouji Mori also added some additional comments to the announcement tweet from his own Twitter. https://twitter.com/taigaofgenesis/status/1534057598668111872?s=21&t=bGA0E0YIPza7qsoYzmxuIg
Top Bottom