Recent content by ThePiedPiper

1. ThePiedPiper

What Are You Playing?

Again, I can't really recommend getting Agony if you're looking for a decent game. But it is stunning to look upon at times. I couldn't not screenshot this.
  2. ThePiedPiper

What Are You Playing?

Agony, mild spoilers about level design are ahead but it's nothing you wouldn't know by the trailers, heavier spoilers about the experience are censored. I think the game's story is alright. There's not much depth to the gameplay, but it's entertained me well enough. It's just about your...
  3. ThePiedPiper

Dark Horse Berserk Blurb Compendium

Right, this is a consistent point of contention in the fanbase. I can't overstate how much I agree with it, because to entertain the label put forth would be to suggest the graphic violence and gore is the purpose, meaning, and themes to be extracted. But Berserk isn't some mindless slasher...
  4. ThePiedPiper

What Are You Playing?

Yeah, I kinda expected them to slip it in after porting Dark Souls II to this gen, even if it was a little low-key. But even now, I don't completely rule it out. Maybe they'll consider it after their next release, which is apparently the next Armored Core :) And yeah I'd much rather let the...
  5. ThePiedPiper

What Are You Playing?

Prepare to 1080p 60fps! Japan is getting a nice little collection of the three games, soundtracks for each game, knight and bonfire bookends, an encyclopedia, and art. Though it's not cheap :P I think if Demon's Souls got treatment like this, I think it would be enough for me to cry.
  6. ThePiedPiper

What Are You Playing?

Beating fatty first then facing giant gold prick is definitely nothing to sneeze at. It took me nearly ten tries to do it on NG+. I was completely unaware on NG when I first played because I went in blind and actually beat Smough first and almost killed Ornstein, but because of a stupid mistake...
  7. ThePiedPiper

What Are You Playing?

Very true, I can't help but think the essence of what makes it great will be felt by anyone, but may disappoint with its size. Movement and combat mechanics could go either way. I'm hoping those fears are wrong, I wish everyone had access to the game and gives it a chance despite it being a...
  8. ThePiedPiper

What kind of ENDING you hope you will NOT see?

Yeah, this would be the only answer I'd have for the topic's question. Assuming the series runs its full course, I'm certain nothing will be abandoned. There may be minor things about characters we'll have to connect the dots to on our own, as everything isn't just spelled out for us like an...
  9. ThePiedPiper

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Yeah, with regards to the animal rights, post-modernism, and feminism, I'm not quite sure how we got to this point. That we have to taint a series such as this by injecting American politics into it, and not even having the decency of veiling it with clear/tangible benefits to the narrative. And...
  10. ThePiedPiper

Yeah doncha know, The Force allows you to do anything and everything apparently, it's the plot device to rule over all plot devices. Watch out 'nano-machines', The Force is on your six! :troll: Yeah, they completely dropped the ball with this trilogy.
  11. ThePiedPiper

I do remember hearing people 2 years ago wishing Luke did 'save the day', or at least come in right after that one death. I don't think I wanted anything to happen in particular besides having all of the old characters involved. I'll never forget the moment I saw the opening crawl, and the...
  12. ThePiedPiper

Should I go in with any expectation with Luke? I only care about him, Ben (Kylo Ren), and Leia. Nothing about 'VII' makes me excited to watch another Star Wars movie, and I'm pretty sad about that as a long time fan
  13. ThePiedPiper

Little Things You Love About Berserk

Casca's facial expressions always melt my heart, and she was especially adorable in Volume 26. I can't help but laugh even during rereads. Miura is simply a creative genius. Context: Guts had just saved her and Farnese from trolls. She really does not like Guts right now, haha...
  14. ThePiedPiper

What kind of ENDING you hope you will NOT see?

There's a high attention to detail in discussion threads such as this. And it's generally not a good idea to base your thoughts on information that isn't accurate, especially when you have people like myself that are relatively new to the series still trying to grasp certain concepts Are God...
  15. ThePiedPiper

Games to look forward to!

Not sure how people felt about this ghoulish game back in the PS1 era, but it's being brought back from the dead! :SK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMSI7nS2z-g It's a remaster of , if you don't want the surprise
Top Bottom