Recent content by therevverend

1. T

Episode 358

Looks like my editing got mixed up. In the next paragraph I wrote: Would that change the situation? I think you've missed the point about everything I've written. Dune is a story about the dangers of blindly following messiahs. That putting all your hope in one person fixing everything is...
  2. T

Episode 358

One other note as far as hellspawn, not relevant but interesting. The Jotunn will be fighting the Gods when Ragnarok happens. Sutr, a Jotunn, will fight Freya wielding a flaming sword, afterwards flames will engulf the earth. Sutr guards guards the realm of fire, Muspellheim. The gates of...
  3. T

Episode 358

We saw the armies of hell led by the other God Hand members marching against humanity in Episode 307. Aren't the evil creatures literally the manifestation of mankind's wicked thoughts? I thought the trolls, giants, rat plagues, etc. are allied with the God Hand? Ubik was having a dinner party...
  4. T

Episode 358

Wasn't the continent already dominated by humans? So humans re-taking the continent is a return to the natural order of things. These aren't happy fairy rainbow unicorns Griffith is fighting, they're evil nightmare hellspawn literally out of a Bosch painting. I don't see Griffith's conquest...
  5. T

What are you reading?

I just finished The Citadel of the Autarch, the last book in Book of the New Sun. Mind Blown. What a great book(s). You are very very lucky because it keeps getting better and you get to read it all for the first time. Beware of any spoilers or hints it's much more fun that way. It's inevitable...
  6. T

Episode 358

Got a feeling by the time we see Rickert again it'll be after the time jump. He'll be grown a bit and integrated into who he'll become with the Bakirakas. Combining his technical proficiency with the Bakirakas' weird Eastern tech. Should be fun. I doubt there'll be episodes showing it...
  7. T

Why use the demon baby's body as a vessel?

I just thought of something. If Griffith knocks up the princess the kid would be Griffith's son or daughter and Gut's grandkid. Birthday parties would be a lot of fun.
  8. T

Dark Horse Releases "Deluxe" Berserk Edition

Americanized Japanese slang translated back into English. The question is whether it means anything in Japanese or they say it because it sounds cool. I'm going to have to listen carefully next time a gun fires to hear if it says Bam! or Blame! By 'better translations' for Blame! I should have...
  9. T

Dark Horse Releases "Deluxe" Berserk Edition

If it was a couple years from now or a few years ago I'd be happy but Berserk's been on a bad losing streak. It's gotten hard to be optimistic about anything. It's ownership doesn't understand the material or the target audience which has caused vast amounts of damage. At least it's not Dune...
  10. T

Berserk: The Flame Dragon Knight novel

It's obvious from this novel, from the crappy anime and the advertising that came with it, the group that owns Berserk misunderstands the series and views it as trash pulp. They're trying to squeeze every last penny out of it by exploiting the sex, violence, and sexual violence. Target audience...
  11. T

Status of Berserk's Pre-publication

I'm guessing we're done for the year unless Santa Griffith has a big surprise for us. I haven't been a Berserk fan long enough to go through the really long indefinite hiatuses. That must have been rough. But this new schedule seems pretty regular. More Berserk would be better but I can live...
  12. T

Episode 355

Nice of the elf to magically remove all the burrs and gum from Casca's hair. I take the dress as a sign that Guts may not be sleeping on the couch tonight? I really have trouble with the verification tests. It takes me ten tries. I swear they put in blobs to make it harder.
Top Bottom