Recent content by Victor

1. Victor

Dark Horse is releasing Dragon Slayer themed bookends

Regardless of Dark Horse, I honestly don't think bookends are the best way to display large manga collections like Berserk. What makes this design even less suited is the fact that it's supposed to look like the Dragon Slayer pierces through the middle holding everything together. If you were to...
  2. Victor

What are you watching? (television thread)

I had never garnered enough of an interest in Sapkowski's underlying mythos and his intermingled character conflicts, side stories and political gibberish beyond what the games offered, so I can't speak as a book reader coming into this, but as somebody who's familiar with the core concept of...
  3. Victor

Inquiry for "Writing Miura 2.0"

I am aware of Urasawa's documentary, he's one of the more influential people I had in mind in my original statement. He indeed convinced some well established mangaka to participate, but it's obviously not as simple as belonging to the new/old generation or not, stuff like legal hurdles and even...
  4. Victor

Inquiry for "Writing Miura 2.0"

This idea has likely been proposed to him before (probably by people with more credit to their names than a bunch of Western fans), so if he hasn't done it until now that almost certainly means he's not interested. While not a cultural standard or anything, Japanese artists are comparatively...
  5. Victor

Salty Kenny's Sketchy Sketches

In before Miura goes for a Honda-san reference. Four drawings in two months isn't all that much dude, so don't worry about it.
  6. Victor

Will Guts and Casca be able to travel together short term

You're right. It wasn't my intention, but I guess I shouldn't have stressed the point, so my bad.
  7. Victor

Of course, I've read it and I agree with what you've said. You can see at the end there that I second your initial statement about things evolving. My comments weren't meant to go against yours, but alongside them by reinforcing the likelihood of a scenario where Casca gets better before the...
  8. Victor

I think it would be more than very inconvenient. If only seeing and hearing Guts makes her freeze in place what would happen once danger inevitably befalls the group and he has to enter the front lines to fight. Would they risk Casca going into a panic in the middle of enemy territory and...
  9. Victor

What Are You Playing?

I actually like the game on a conceptual level. Sam's characterization starts right from the get-go, with him being presented as a lonesome porter with haphephobia. These are pretty interesting and deliberate choices, and in my mind they signify that he's carrying a heavy load not only...
  10. Victor

Miura illustrated the cover for Satoru Akahori’s Liar Mitsuhide novel

Looks cool. It's always nice to see artwork from Miura that isn't Berserk, almost like a brief glimpse into what other worlds drawn by him would look like if he had more time to do side projects.
  11. Victor

Gaiseric is the previous Egg of the King user and has been Hunting Godhand for past 1000 years to keep the cycle going.

All of the "clues" you've listed are taken directly from Gaiseric's tale, which even in the context of the story is presented as something not extremely accurate or reliable. It explains however why he was called names such as the Demon King by some people, which also ties into why he wore a...
  12. Victor

Kento Ankokuden Cestvs

Thanks for confirming.
  13. Victor

Salty Kenny's Sketchy Sketches

Seeing an angry looking Skull Knight is pretty hilarious in itself. Well done!
  14. Victor

Kento Ankokuden Cestvs

It's not bad at all, and only 3 volumes, so not much of a time investment. The themes are cool and the art is decent for a first time manga too. You can definitely identify some of the techniques used by Miura when drawing early Berserk. The premise of the story surrounding this outlaw warrior...
  15. Victor

Kento Ankokuden Cestvs

Yes, he was part of Miura's close group of friends since high school, that is a known fact. If I remember correctly he was also an assistant under Miura at some point, but I might be wrong about this. (Aazealh can probably verify) Well, first of all welcome, hope this isn't your first and last...
Top Bottom