Recent content by Xenoskell

1. X

The art style in Berserk and its evolution over the years

Okay,I lied one time,already apologized for it and then you said : "and even straight up lied a couple of times". There's no "a couple of times". Now look how many times you ignored,took comment out of context or came with fallacies: When I was just objectively trying to explain why the face...
  2. X

Thanks for looking for the date they were made. If its true,maybe his style didn't change that much in a short period of time. I respect your opinion even though we probably won't agree. Everyone has a different taste and a different way of reading or enjoying the manga. I will try to move on...
  3. X

Look,you ignored a lot of explanations from my posts (even came with a nonsense joke), and taking the comments out of context,and then you said I lied a couple of times? The only "lie" I told was corrected by Walter,and I already apologized for that. From what I remember, the people of that...
  4. X

You misunderstood me. My reasoning is that he's having problems when drawing faces. I think he may be still adapting to his new style,which could explain why these inconsistencies are happening. He's having trouble with this process,this transition (like he was having trouble with the change to...
  5. X

My bad then, I messed up with the text ; you guys didn't say that. The diagram was just provided to explain why it looked like a teenager for me,and that's it. I've just used Akira Toriyama to say that even high skilled artists can have problems after some time has passed. Maybe because he's...
  6. X

Another straw fallacy here : I didn't say the faces are necessarily bad. I said that compared to what Berserk was,they are disappointing. I may have said that on the episode thread,but it was mostly my "anger" when I read for the first time. I also never,ever said the faces were perfectly...
  7. X

You're using a straw fallacy here : I never said Berserk should be an anatomy teaching book or an exercise in "drawing the same thing identically". It's YOU who is assuming that. The problem is that a lot of those faces from the recent chapters,which should convey the emotions that texts can't...
  8. X

I'm trying to find good images to compare,but anyway : Guts face was way more longer (even his nose) and I think it had more natural expressions on that episode. You can notice the differences mainly on the first pages ,and then compare it to this panel. Guts has a "baby face" in this panel,it...
  9. X

Of course it allows for slight inconsistencies,and I kinda understand that because Berserk has so many episodes. But some of the strangest inconsistencies happens in important scenes,perhaps that's why I think they are more noticeable. The one I remember right now is this one on episode 347...
  10. X

? I'm just talking why Guts looks younger than before and why I think it is inconsistent. They were very noticeable for me in my first read of the episode and that's why I thought he looked like a teenager. It doesn't have to be pixel perfect,but I think the proportions are way off to tell they...
  11. X

The chin itself is hidden of course,but I'm talking about the actual size of the chin (and jaw). If you follow the guidelines,it would be more or less like this: Which is very different from the one on the last page. The proportions from the bottom of the nose to above are actually similar,but...
  12. X

Indeed it is,and actually his recent style is growing on me. But I think he has lost a little bit of his technique when drawing faces. Many times the faces looks odd,inconsistent,and is not a question of "style",because in the past he has changed Guts face to depict different scenes,however,the...
  13. X

This chart is pretty good as a starting point for this thread,where it demonstrates how characters faces changed over the years:
  14. X

Episode 360

Thank you.
  15. X

Episode 360

Anyone noticing a parallel with episode 6 (from the Golden Age Arc) ? Guts swinging his sword when thinking about Caska. Although with different circumstances indeed : he was angry because Caska was blaming him for letting Griffith get hurt. Sorry,I didn't know that. Is there a thread where we...
Top Bottom