Recent content by Zeke

1. Zeke

Movies to look forward to

I thought the trailer was solid enough. I'm certainly not expecting the definitive film adaptation of Dune from Mr. Villeneuve but hopefully, at least, I'm treated to an enjoyable time at the theaters. I still haven't seen any signs of Feyd-Rautha yet; I wonder if he's been written out of part 1.
  2. Zeke

Episode 359

I've always loved how resplendent Skull Knight looks in every panel he's in.
  3. Zeke

What Are You Playing?

Honestly Griffith, if you want the best of Naughty Dog when it comes to cinematic storytelling just play Uncharted 2; I admittedly found the others to be forgettable.
  4. Zeke

Game of Thrones TV [spoilers]

I've no idea whether the finale pleased audiences, but just off of a first viewing I have to say that I feel very satisfied. I'll need more time to collect my thoughts but I really want to give a shout out to the beautiful direction and cinematography on display; the musicless walk of Tyrion...
  5. Zeke

I get where you're coming from. I suppose "spreading liberty and democracy" is the modern imperialist rhetoric akin to the ancient "we're bringing the light of civilization to the barbarians" Overall, I agree with your view that Dany's conquest of Westeros is largely a form of wish...
  6. Zeke

I know that the world Tolkien crafted wasn't all sunshine and rainbows, but those dark moments in The Lord of the Rings served as gripping challenges that made our main heroes' triumph over evil all that more fulfilling, instead of serving as a way to shock readers. Being seen as a liberator...
  7. Zeke

Welcome to the wonderful world of the man who prides himself on being the Anti-Tolkien; a world where honor/virtue are spit upon, beloved characters have there personal journeys crescendo it tragedy, and the only people left standing when the dust settles are usually despicable.
  8. Zeke

Episodes like this are why I feel a compulsion to defend this show, if for nothing else but the sheer spectacle of it all; I was left in awe at the incredible work GoT's production team performed in bringing the action of this episode to life. The star being watching a realistically rendered...
  9. Zeke

Episode 358

I know that language wasn't specifically brought up yet but Griffith has signaled his desire to unite various ethnic/racial groups together under the banner of his empire and historically speaking, language has been one of the strongest cultural markers of a nation's identity. Along with a...
  10. Zeke

Episode 358

Sounds like Femto is crafting his own Tower of Babel.
  11. Zeke

What would Mozgus have thought of Griffith?

I don't think Mozgus would have any reason to doubt Griffith - and considering his immense zeal for the faith - he'd probably be as enamored with him as the Holy Father is. As far as I remember Mozgus wasn't a lord, but rather a renowned inquisitor: an important tool of the Church. Quite...
  12. Zeke

Castlevania showrunner wants to animate Berserk

Maybe it's my natural preference for manga, but I've never shared the desire to see a new berserk anime; even if done well, it'll ultimately just amount to fan service: some spiffy animation and - hopefully - a few new Hirasawa tracks.
  13. Zeke

A unique glimpse of the past

Here's an unusual update: this time an interpretation of the past from a foreign perspective. A Japanese illustrated history of America (1861) http://archive.wul.waseda.ac.jp/kosho/bunko11/bunko11_a0380/bunko11_a0380_0002/bunko11_a0380_0002.html Here's the original twitter thread explaining...
  14. Zeke

Sabrina The Teenage Witch (new and old)

As long as the talking cat is in it I'll give it a try.
  15. Zeke

Death

I don't think anyone believed that Casca regaining her memories would be an easy fix - it was foreshadowed quite a few times that it'd be the opposite - and, simply put, doing so would stunt her development as a character. Casca becoming an invalid was her way of escaping the trauma she endured...
Top Bottom