Prime 1 launches a Berserk line

Knowing first hand how big the other statues in the pictures are, this one really is above and beyond in size.

Still not a huge fan of this statue, but It is quite the eye catcher, he certainly fits in well with the other statues from the line.

Thanks for sharing!
I have him on order, I'm super nervous for him to arrive haha. I have a spot for him but man he's huge.

Mine just came. The two largest boxes ever. Best friend and can for scale.

2020-11-12.jpg

Don't like the Dio. Will wait for better pics , especially from the face but something seems off for me in guts face and damn I know zodd is bulky af but in here it seems they added a bit too much , look at this upper arm , had the same feeling for the biceps of guts 1/3 but in here it's the triceps . But I'll wait for better pics to judge finally

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Don't like the Dio. Will wait for better pics , especially from the face but something seems off for me in guts face and damn I know zodd is bulky af but in here it seems they added a bit too much , look at this upper arm , had the same feeling for the biceps of guts 1/3 but in here it's the triceps . But I'll wait for better pics to judge finally

That was also my first reaction. Hard to tell for Guts because there are no clear shots of his face, but Zodd's likeness just isn't there. The face doesn't look like him and he's just got way too much muscle mass. It's too bad because this scene is a great idea for a diorama.

That was also my first reaction. Hard to tell for Guts because there are no clear shots of his face, but Zodd's likeness just isn't there. The face doesn't look like him and he's just got way too much muscle mass. It's too bad because this scene is a great idea for a diorama.
There is also something about the way they are holding their swords. I know it's not easy, but in my opinion there is not enough tension. It feels like - mostly for zodd of course - a normal dude wearing a muscular suit posing for a photoshoot..
Zodd's face is most likely the same they just recycled, same goes for their Guts, with a few adaptations.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
There is also something about the way they are holding their swords. I know it's not easy, but in my opinion there is not enough tension. It feels like - mostly for zodd of course - a normal dude wearing a muscular suit posing for a photoshoot..

That may be because his pose makes him look like he's not leaning into the hit at all, which he does in the manga. If I were them I would have dispensed with the snow effects and instead given him a much more dynamic pose (one leg forward with semi-bent knee, torso leaning forward).

Atocas

Voice in the Void
That may be because his pose makes him look like he's not leaning into the hit at all, which he does in the manga. If I were them I would have dispensed with the snow effects and instead given him a much more dynamic pose (one leg forward with semi-bent knee, torso leaning forward).
I've looked through the pictures again, and his pose seems to look a bit more dynamic from other angles. He leans into his hit, but it admittedly looks a little weird.

I assume that they didn't go for something more crazy to not go beyond the scope of the diorama.

al70S5I.png
t20tBQy.png

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I've looked through the pictures again, and his pose seems to look a bit more dynamic from other angles. He leans into his hit, but it admittedly looks a little weird.

I assume that they didn't go for something more crazy to not go beyond the scope of the diorama.

Yeah I guess they were constrained by the space they had available. I don't know though, I think it would have been worth extending it a bit... It's also possible it would have looked better if he weren't so damn bulky, I think that participates in the overall weird look.

Zodd is bringing the beef!
Haha yeah! In the first photo shared via the link - Zodd's right arm is wider than Guts' body.

Awesome idea for a statue! It's pretty rare to hit a perfect 10 on likeness, scale, color variant, etc. and add this to the list of imperfect statues.

Atocas

Voice in the Void
Small update on the Berserker Armor statues. (Yes, it's two statues, I didn't realize either)

DeLsVD2.png

Adding Schierke to the activated armor version is a nice touch, especially on this scale. I don't like however that they just reused the base to get both of these statues out. Would have considered picking up both if they didn't.

Small update on the Berserker Armor statues. (Yes, it's two statues, I didn't realize either)

DeLsVD2.png

Adding Schierke to the activated armor version is a nice touch, especially on this scale. I don't like however that they just reused the base to get both of these statues out. Would have considered picking up both if they didn't.
Ohhhh the astral Schierke is such a nice addition! Very tempting, although I have the 1/3 scale Guts and no other of Prime's 1/4 scale statues to go along with it. I know they announced a 1/3 scale Berserker Armor Guts before as well though.
Also dang, what a difference in head sculpt for the left DX photo. Personally prefore Guts's more rugged look.

Berserker Armor - Unleash Edition, Deluxe Version

The interesting bit about this statue is to do with the face with the bigger eyes -

In addition to Guts’ standard portrait, the Deluxe Version Guts comes with three other swappable heads, to give him the flexibility of expression: from sneering confidence to outright malice! And most especially, we have included a rare, one-of-a-kind Guts portrait, drawn by Miura-Sensei, gifted to us, and sculpted by Prime 1 Studio artists with the utmost reverence and care. This unique, exclusive Miura-Sensei swappable head can be yours with the purchase of the Deluxe Version!

Berserker Armor - Rage Edition, Deluxe Version

The interesting bit about this statue is to do with the face with the bigger eyes -
Wow, while Prime 1's statues are obviously of amazing quality there was always something about a lot of their faces especially for Guts that seemed "off" to me. The face that Miura designed for this one is genuinely fantastic, its almost having me consider making this my first purchase (although I'd have to find a way to justify the price with myself first).

Better than the others for sure. Still can't stand those bases though, just too much stuff jammed in there for my taste.
Totally agree. It looks nice and detailed for sure but upon further inspecting the base, the crow and rat just look so stupid crammed in to add more stuff. Besides it just being cluttered, a crow and rat just chilling there in the middle of a dynamic action shot just doesn't make any sense.

Atocas

Voice in the Void
just too much stuff jammed in there for my taste
I feel like the statue could have done without the rat at least. Indeed, this statue also seems like a pain to move. I'm already getting anxious because of all the tiny teeth and the Daka horns, which already had problems with breakage during shipping for their first Berserker Armor statue.

Atocas

Voice in the Void
Guts versus Zodd is officially up for preorder on Prime 1's website. The benefits of getting the Deluxe version are two additional portraits and a seemingly Fabric Cape.

udmbr-01dx_a02_press_dx.jpg

I originally wasn't very interested in getting this piece, but it turns out it's only a 1/6 scale diorama and doesn't take up as much space as I'd thought, so I might consider picking it up down the line.

Hi guys, just want to share some pictures of my Prime1 Griffith statue. I also own the Art of War Griffith which has a similiar pose but I'd say the Prime1 one is way better (with a better face sculpt imho). Only putting it all together was an absolute mess, i think it took me 2 hours to do it.

11xk65.jpg

2k9k6l.jpg

3krje0.jpg

Top Bottom