SK Net Pets

Mangetsu said:
I am thinking of getting a Dog soon, so it was a nice experience to go through this thread.
What kind of dog are you thinking of getting? I never had a dog growing up, just cats, and I didn't think I was a dog person until I got my first one and realized how much I like them. I had a German Shepherd/Lab mix named Susie who passed away, and now my current dog, Huckleberry, who is a Border Collie/Corgi mix. Susie was really sweet and mellow for the most part. She just needed to be walked a couple times a day and she was happy. Huckleberry is another story. He has so much energy. Luckily I have a decent sized back yard, so I can take him out there for frisbee. He loves that and can run some of his excess energy off that way.

DANGERDOOOOM said:
Sophie the cat. She is a year old and her cute looks are deceiving :beast:

Any other black cat lovers?
She is cute! I love cats in general. My best friend has a black cat and he is a major trouble maker. :ganishka:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
JMP said:
I never had a dog growing up, just cats, and I didn't think I was a dog person until I got my first one and realized how much I like them.

You know JMP, that's so interesting - I had the opposite experience just recently. I grew up with cats as well, and was able to thoroughly confirm that I was a cat lady after dog-sitting for a friend one weekend. :ganishka:

Mangetsu (or anyone else who happens to be thinking about getting a dog), if you have never taken care of one before, definitely take a friend's out for a doggy test-drive. Some are more mellow and easy-going than others, but in general dogs depend on their owner for a lot of attention, affection, and creepy amounts of eye contact. :isidro: At least, that was my experience.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Cats are just like people; selfish, manipulative, misanthropic. Whereas a good dog is something purer and of a higher order.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Griffith said:
Cats are just like people; selfish, manipulative, misanthropic. Whereas a good dog is something purer and of a higher order.

Exactly. I need a creature in my life that I can relate to. :void:

JMP said:
What kind of dog are you thinking of getting? I never had a dog growing up, just cats, and I didn't think I was a dog person until I got my first one and realized how much I like them. I had a German Shepherd/Lab mix named Susie who passed away, and now my current dog, Huckleberry, who is a Border Collie/Corgi mix. Susie was really sweet and mellow for the most part. She just needed to be walked a couple times a day and she was happy. Huckleberry is another story. He has so much energy. Luckily I have a decent sized back yard, so I can take him out there for frisbee. He loves that and can run some of his excess energy off that way.
She is cute! I love cats in general. My best friend has a black cat and he is a major trouble maker. :ganishka:

Back in the day, i was never really the pet person to begin with, but all of that changed after i stayed in England. I was there for a 3 week long work placement and the host mother that i stood with had a dog and a cat. The dog had unfortunately lost one of his legs, so running and generally even just walking was a hard task for her. All of this led to her being pretty depressive :judo: . She was laying around all day having a sad face, so i atleast tried to play with her in the garden to cheer her up. The host mother was pretty lazy, just watching TV all day :rickert:

The cat was absolutely lovely though. She never bit me or my class comrade. After staying some weeks there, the cat even visited my room to sleep with me in the bed :ganishka:

Nonetheless to finally answer your question. When it comes to dog breeds, i have really taken a liking towards corgis. And although i love them, I'm not sure if i will get one.

I want my choice to be natural and not just limited on a liking towards a breed so I'm generally open towards every breed. When the time comes, i will decide through my gut feeling :daiba:

I want to get a cat too, but im not sure when. I will see how things turn out.

Grail said:
Mangetsu (or anyone else who happens to be thinking about getting a dog), if you have never taken care of one before, definitely take a friend's out for a doggy test-drive. Some are more mellow and easy-going than others, but in general dogs depend on their owner for a lot of attention, affection, and creepy amounts of eye contact. :isidro: At least, that was my experience.

Haha, true true. I really should ask one of my friends who has an active dog. Making that experience really will make me understand some things better.

Mangetsu said:
I want my choice to be natural and not just limited on a liking towards a breed so I'm generally open towards every breed. When the time comes, i will decide through my gut feeling :daiba:
Good luck. I hope you find the perfect pet for you one of these days, whether cat, dog, or whatever. :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
cats-hecate2.jpg

Hecate (a black cat, so we named her after the Greek goddess of witchcraft—Hex for short :carcus: )

cats-bodhi.jpg

Bodhi (short for Bodhisattva)​

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Walter - how are your cats with your kids?
They’re mostly affectionate. Hecate runs away when my 2-year-old gets near her. Bodhi is too fat and lazy to run or even growl when she inevitably messes with him. But about 8 years ago, Bodhi did slash my oldest kid’s face (still has a tiny scar on his cheek) after he got cornered. Scary and sad time, but no issues since then. He shouldn’t have cornered the cat!

Whoa, both Bodhi and Hex have a similar yellow/green eye color. Do either of your cats shed a lot? I'm thankful for robot vacuum's and the drop in prices because they've gotten all the more popular and the influx of various brands/ competition.

Our cat, Lucas, is an all white and sheds a lot in summer. My wife didn't know she was allergic until maybe after a few months of having him. He's a rescue, and we guess he's about 12/13 years old now. Unfortunately he has no teeth because of a gum infection he had from an earlier time. Fortunately it's kinda cute if/ when he bites cos you don't feel any teeth! I also don't know Lucas's exact breed.

I didn't know cats love sun spots. One of those things you discover when you're working from home. Lucas also has gotten extremely needy and meows his way to get more meals out of me - his target - cos I'm the softie/ enabler.

uneeYo9.png

Top Bottom