1:1 scale replica of Berserker Helmet!!! ***SOLD OUT***

Re: 1:1 scale replica of Berserker Helmet!!!

i never imagined that it would look this good :isidro:

wow cannot await to see the finished product!

count me in ;)

Joa said:
Input: more definition to the undercuts of the scales is a must. Remember, it's an armoured suit with movable parts. Though it will be a static sculpt, the thing has to be believable. I understand that this will be done later on, but I just wanted to point it out.
Also, IMO the nose tip should be more defined and not so pointy.

Hey Joa, just so you know I did forward your input over to James when you first wrote it. He took note of them and actually, his idea in the very beginning was to have the helmet semi-movable but I believe he's foregoing this idea because it would raise the price of the finished product. As far as the pointiness, it seems that it really varies when looking at the manga. Every picture it's a bit different and I guess it depends on how intense Guts' state is. He did notice that the Headlong kit is VERY pointy so he made sure to tone it down a bit from that.

cucu4coco said:
Wow, it does look very nice. Like others, I would like to see later progress but you can count me in as someone who's interested. Have the glowing eyes been finalize yet? And what do people prefer, a clean bust or a bloody version? Or can he individually do this per people's interest? For me anyways, blood is always involved when Guts have roid rage! Lastly, does he have a rough estimate of the size dimension? Thanks.

There will definitely be glowing eyes, but he has not started working on them yet. I will ask him about the bloody vs clean, but I think generally they will be clean. More detailing will take him more time especially if he's going to be making 15 or so. We'll definitely talk about it, though. In terms of size dimension, it's hard to say right now. He's going to work on the breastplate/mounting next so we can get a better idea then. As of now, using the pencils/paper near the helmet as reference in the picture, the helmet looks certainly full size, and bigger than my head anyways. I'm pretty sure that shoulder/bust that he is using to hold up the helmet is life size.

Anyhow, GLAD to see there are more people on board! REMEMBER, the more people the cheaper for all of us!!! But without further delay, here are some new pictures and progress:

Here are the next set of progress pictures. Getting closer to finishing. I still have some smoothing out to do, some detailing (i.e. round bolt heads on each side of a row of scales), and while I'm detailing and texturing it will bring the whole sculpt in a little tighter. I will also start on the breast plate and mounting base. This may be the last time you'll see this sculpt as a whole for I need to seperate it and cut off the ear horns to be able to reach some areas--also for ease of molding.

About the texture--I know I can achieve the same texture of THIS by spattering gel coat out of a spray gun with fine and large blobs that harden, then I can sand them flat leaving an irregular cast iron surface like the sample I sent. I can do this over the clay and it will be incorporated in the mold.

wip_012809_06.jpg

wip_012809_05.jpg

wip_012809_04.jpg

wip_012809_03.jpg

wip_012809_02.jpg

wip_012809_01.jpg

What do y'all think?

Hands down ... it looks super.

I believe you can count me in .. for a "kit version" of it ... no prep work or painting needed, just the casts :carcus:

cucu4coco

Who dat?!

DirectDK said:
He took note of them and actually, his idea in the very beginning was to have the helmet semi-movable but I believe he's foregoing this idea because it would raise the price of the finished product.

That's too bad. Woulda been sweet with the movable part. Different look for different occassion.

G

Genome

Very nice work, this item will be great.

DirectDK you should made a list of the member on baord in the topic so we all can clearly see who's in and how many of us are in :serpico:

For recall... I'm in :guts:

In regards to the movable parts, James has been reading this thread and he mentioned that he actually hasn't fully done away with the idea. He'll think it over and some and see if he can engineer it in a fashion where the price won't get bumped up. We'll keep you posted!

Genome said:
DirectDK you should made a list of the member on baord in the topic so we all can clearly see who's in and how many of us are in :serpico:

Good idea! I will edit my first post. =) Thanks!

cucu4coco

Who dat?!

Hi Derek,
Since you said its not a binding agreement, put me in the "Yes" cat. I'm not worried about the outcome or details since I have other SKers, cough, cough, you, Joa, etc., watching over or giving expertise advice on the process! Guess, my only hiccup is the total cost but shouldn't be too bad for me since he's in the States.

Thanks for all your effort and work on such an amazing project, Derek and James.

-cucu4coco

cucu4coco said:
Hi Derek,
Since you said its not a binding agreement, put me in the "Yes" cat. I'm not worried about the outcome or details since I have other SKers, cough, cough, you, Joa, etc., watching over or giving expertise advice on the process! Guess, my only hiccup is the total cost but shouldn't be too bad for me since he's in the States.

Thanks for all your effort and work on such an amazing project, Derek and James.

-cucu4coco

Sweet, I will add you to the YES list then. =)

G

Genome

DirectDK said:
UPDATE 1/28/09
:serpico: :guts: :griffnotevil: :carcus: :slan: :casca: :badbone: :void: :rakshas: :zodd: :ganishka: :isidro: :???: :schierke: :beast: :SK: :azan: :mozgus: :daiba: :chomp: :idea: :troll: :schnoz:
UPDATE 1/28/09

Here is the list so far of YES, and MAYBE. These aren't binding agreements, but simply to get a feel for how many we have in.

YES
the beast of darkness
genome
joa (no paint)
kenji-kun
hitreza
maiku
cucu4coco
james' client 1
james' client 2

MAYBE
chiba
avidwriter
deci
madam president
grovel
ori
drakull

I may be wrong but I think you forgot yourself DirectDK :serpico:

Thanks for the list (I had a good idea :carcus:)

That helmet looks awesome!! That guy has great modeling skills. Just a few questions though, will it be wearable, or does he plan on making guts face for the inside? Oh, and can you please give an update every now and then of what the approx. price might be with the amount of people that have said yes? I was just curious, don't know if i can actually buy it though! XD

Small update regarding the breast plate and the base:

The brand is on the back right of the base. It is placed so the viewer can see it from the front at the same time as seeing the plaque that we'll put on the front. There is a 3/4 inch bevel all around the base so it is a 3D trapazoid. I can mount the plaque on the front face of the base. I will have a rod mounted straight up from the top middle of the base and I'll have a receiver for the rod going in from the bottom of the breast plate up into the jaw piece for easy removal and assembly to base. That means there will be two power supplies--one for the "Z's" on the helmet and one for the base.

And for those that are wondering why there are two power supplies, the brand will be glowing/pulsating red too. Can you say DOPENESS!!!!??

Here are some pics

wip_100_2061_01.jpg

wip_100_2064_02.jpg

virulentshuriken said:
That helmet looks awesome!! That guy had great modeling skills. Just a few questions though, will it be wearable, or does he plan on making guts face for the inside? Oh, and can you please give an update every now and then of what the approx. price might be with the amount of people that have said yes? I was just curious, don't know if i can actually buy it though! XD

Hey virulent! Welcome to the forums =). The helmet was not intended to be wearable, but I know James might customize his own to make it so. Reason is James will need specific measurements from each head, and it is a lot of extra work to make it fit. If it's something that you really want for cosplay or what not, PM me and I will talk to James about it. You can be sure though the cost of making it wearable will increase though. As far as costs go, I'll try to give another price estimate soon. I'll talk it over with James.

On a side note, James just finished watching the entire anime. What a true professional, that he would even watch all 25 eps of the show just so he can learn more about the story! Granted, the helmet doesn't even show up in the anime, but nevertheless, it's still REALLY cool. He's going to pick up the manga now, and start reading!

Nirvana said:
Add me to the Yes list. I wouldn't miss it......

A welcome to you too, Nirvana =). Sure, I will add you to the list.

Since you said James watched the anime and will start the manga I was thinking.... could you please ask him if he's willing to trade one of the helmets for my full scale Dragonslayer? lol that would be awesome, tell him I'll even ship it for free!
gutsface222x23.gif

Haha, he'd probably just say no, but it couldn't hurt to find out! :serpico:

Here's the link to it in case you wanna email it to him. http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=9875.0

(I hope he'll take pictures of the casting and painting process as well.. the more pics the better!)

wow!! i realy want of of this, but it depends on the price, do you have any idea how much will cost??

A

avidwriter

Every update brings me more and more over to the full yes side. I still have to wait till I see it finished though but I'm 80% sure I'm in.

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!

Okay, folks. James is steadily making his way to the end. Given all the time and work he is put thus far, and all the costs of materials that are just around the corner, he is asking for people to start making deposits. Basically it's going to work like this:

- Right now, with 11 "yes", and 7 "maybes", and a whole bunch of people who seem interested, it looks like we will hit the 15 mark for sure. If so, the price will be $450 + shipping (should be around $20 for people in the US). If we hit the 20 mark, then there will be a price reduction, and if we hit 25, then there will be another one. So hopefully any people on the fence will jump over it to our side real soon!
- As far as the deposit is concerned, it'll be $250 via paypal. Personal-message me when you are ready to pay, and I will give you his paypal address.
- FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. Meaning, those that put down their deposit sooner, will get their helmet earlier. James will be making them in batches (it will streamline the painting process for him), but of course he is not a machine (or cylon, muh haa haha), so some people will receive their helmets before others. If you want yours to be within the few first batches, put your deposit down now!
- ALL DEPOSITS ARE FULLY REFUNDABLE. If you put down a deposit, don't worry, you can still change your mind and back out.

As far as progress goes [From James]:

Here is the next set of update shots. Let the molding begin!! You'll notice that the sculpt is now black. I sprayed the gel coat on it for the texture. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to sand it because the gel coat would flake off the clay too easy so I will have to sand each piece after I pull them from the mold which is O.K.--I was going to have to sand them anyway for maximum paint adhesion. The texture is going to look great, it already has that rustic cast iron look to it, just a little soft till I sand the prop after each is made.

You'll also notice the clay walls and keys I made for the silicone. I don't know if you've ever seen a mold in progress, but this is how it begins.

Also, if you can let the viewers know to ignore the big drips and blobs of gel coat because they will be sanded flat and look as part of the texture and not so noticeable. I've done this technique before and the end result looks great.

wip_022409_05.jpg

wip_022409_04.jpg

wip_022409_03.jpg

wip_022409_02.jpg

wip_022409_01.jpg

cucu4coco

Who dat?!

Same here, just sent you a PM.

Truly amazing and for the people still on the fence, come on! Especially for the people in the US, internationally I can understand. Regardless, this is a custom built full-size Berserk bust with the bells and whistles, lighted red eyes and such! This is possibly, a once in a lifetime chance here. I shouldn't even buy anything but just couldn't resist. Don't wanna regret the missed opportunity. Once its over, its OVER! This isn't his job but his hobby and he's only doing this because of Derek. :guts:

Of course, I'm cheerleading, if I can get it cheaper, why not?! :ganishka: Still, I can live w/ $450 and still consider it a good deal for an "EXCLUSIVE" item.

Top Bottom