1:1 scale replica of Femto Helmet!!!

Turkitage said:
James also said he is going to have UV black light in the head and going to paint the inside with a flourescent dark paint.

That's so cool. I wonder how he paints the inside since there's no seams and stuff to open the helmet up.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
BloodTalon said:
That's so cool. I wonder how he paints the inside since there's no seams and stuff to open the helmet up.

James never mentioned that he has Puck as an apprentice to paint those hard to reach surfaces. :puck:

But yeah...this looks really slick. The sculpt is super impressive. In fact I'd say it gets better every time! I bet it'll look extra badass with a dark light in there. Hell to the yeah.

Like a Femto glowstick.

I'm baaaAAAACK! Sorry for the delay on this. James sent me these pictures last week. They are down below. Thanks to Turkitage for filling in while I was gone. :serpico:

Also, due to this new base, the price for the replica has gone up $75. Originally, it was just going to stand up by the back tail of the helmet. But this new face/eclipse base adds more work/paint. Deposit is $250. Hope y'all that are on the fence will jump over soon. :ubik:

James said:
The idea of the lighting I have is a UV black light inside the head and I'll paint the inside with a UV paint that will reflect and glow. It should be pretty sweet. I reused the circle platform from SK and just smoothed it out to hold everything and I'll put the switch on the back like Berserker and the battery underneath.

100_3089_800.jpg

100_3090_800.jpg

100_3091_800.jpg

100_3092_800.jpg

100_3093_800.jpg

PS, Yes, the GOLDEN AGE helmets will probably be next. But it'll be much tougher for us to keep these helmets up if y'all don't get this Femto and SK first. So let's go! :guts:

If you're on the fence, get off of it, knock it down and then light it on fire. You won't be disappointed in the quality of work when you see one of these beauts in person. It's looking great.

^ I would if I could. Really (still upset I couldn't pick up Berserker Guts). So if a Griffith gets made it will be Golden Age? I personally would prefer Millennium Falcon, but I'll take what I can get. :)

Aphasia

Looks fantastic with the base. Tell James to change his name to Rick Ross the Boss Hoss M'Goss!! :guts:

I can't wait to see it all painted up. Will the base be blood/dark red? That would contrast nicely with the midnight blue helmet.

I really like this a lot but I'll have to wait and see if I can afford it when it's finished. Hopefully I can put a downpayment on him at some point. I'll let you know. I'm tempted to save my money for Golden Age helmets. :sad: Shameful.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Aphasia said:
I'm tempted to save my money for Golden Age helmets. :sad: Shameful.

There are 2 helmets (SK and this one) that have yet to sell out. James isn't going to keep making more if he can't sell them.

Aphasia

Aazealh said:
There are 2 helmets (SK and this one) that have yet to sell out. James isn't going to keep making more if he can't sell them.

Just tempted lol. I'll likely put a downpayment on this soon. This helmet appeals to me more than the others for some reason.

Food and child support are after all...inconveniences best left ignored.

Here are the first pics of the paintjob!!! The first 3 pics (outside) are just the primer coat. That's NOT the color of the final product, so don't worry, Femto's not gonna be black. The last 2 pics (inside) are of the actual paint coat of the helmet. James said it appears lighter than the pictures show. He tried to do some with flash but then it looked too light. Rest assured, Aaz gave James PANTONE color codes to make sure Femto is the most accurate color. Good ol' Aaz!

Anyhow, these first few pics are very basic. No detailing, or shadowing, or anything has been done to any of the folds, edges, etc etc. This is just the base coat!

Enjoy!

100_3108_800.jpg

100_3109_800.jpg

100_3110_800.jpg

100_3116_800.jpg

100_3117_800.jpg

DONE AND DONE! JAMES HAS DONE IT AGAIN!!! You really need to see this in person to really appreciate it, but the paint job and colors of the helmet + base are really spot on. This is a really difficult piece to photograph, but I took these pictures in natural light to best give you an idea of what it looks like. What a nice set, ey?! (Also, on a side note, the pictures of the lighting inside the helmet is VERY HAUNTING. It's not dark in my apartment yet, so I will have to take pics of that later, but of the 3 helmets thus far, I think the lighting of this one works the best! I'll try my best to capture it on camera but it really must be seen in person!)

The packaging was great too. Given the shape of this helmet, it's very secure to ship, so those overseas buyers should fear nothing.

I really hope people out there who like what they see to get it on the project and become an owner of one of these bad boys. James poured blood sweat and other bodily fluids into these helmets, and it'll be very difficult for him to keep going if no one is taking a bite. Don't you want to see Golden Age helmets next?!?!? :slan:

Note: I just talked to James about this, and if you are a buyer and you prefer to have a glossy coating on the helmet, then James is more than willing to do that for you, at no extra charge! Everyone's happy!

P1070014_1024.jpg

P1070001_1024.jpg

P1060992_1024.jpg

P1060994_1024.jpg

P1060998_1024.jpg

P1070009_1024.jpg

The whole base/helmet sculpt match very well, I dig the colorful side that goes with it.
It's an amazing looking piece and I'm curious to see how it looks like with the lighting inside.
It's nice to see them side by side, thanks for the pictures Derek.

By the way, what did happened to your Apikitt Skull Knight?

YES! AWESOME! I can't wait to see what it looks like in the dark maaaan! :femto: DARKNESS, come quickly!

The Beast of Darkness said:
By the way, what did happened to your Apikitt Skull Knight?

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=4256.350

Top Bottom