1:1 scale replica of Skull Knight Helmet!!!

ME AND BRUHAHA69 GOT HIM YESTERDAY. I'll post pictures tomorrow!!!!

PS It's actually really HAUNTING... I got really weirded out looking at it straight on... I seriously felt like I was staring at SK himself. :SK: In other words, it's pretty amazing...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
ME AND BRUHAHA69 GOT HIM YESTERDAY. I'll post pictures tomorrow!!!!

PS It's actually really HAUNTING... I got really weirded out looking at it straight on... I seriously felt like I was staring at SK himself. :SK: In other words, it's pretty amazing...

Awesome, can't wait for the pictures! :guts:

turkitage

ターク
oh wow, you guys got yours already?!?

sweet!! i should be next!!! right???

We need a post of how people display this stuff at their house.. and also all the other berserk collections.. or i think we have one for the berserk collections.. gotta dig it up.. but anyways. I'm real interested how people are displaying these 1:1 scale helmets cause they are pretty big

turkitage

ターク
oh... my... god....

that is just so impressive... I'm so jealous.

I guess you wanted your Berserk helmet facing sideways instead of facing straight, eh?

Looks like you have a black sheet over the flower pattern on that ikea display case too! (what's the other vertical display case? *sorry if this has been said before*)
Edit: Is it this? http://www.displaycasecorp.com/museum_cases.php?product_id=490&product_name=Sedona&product_head=Hexagonal%20Tower%20Case

In combination with the helmet and the other Berserk items *20th Anni*..etc.. I'm just going to stare at these pictures for a while now.

and yeah that Grunberd helmet is freakin cool too.

yesmilord said:
edit: when'd you get that Grunbeld btw?

Yo yo! I had John paint him up a few months ago. I haven't had a chance to update the site yet but hopefully soon! Maybe I can just use these pictures as placeholders for now...

The Beast of Darkness said:
Another masterpiece by John Allred, I think? :slan:

Thanks, man. :serpico: Yeah, we kept it pretty simple this time around. The only real customizations were the crystals and the fire. Originally I wanted the WHOLE base to be crystalized but John wasn't having that! =P

CowTip said:
Hats off to the creator. He really did an awesome job with Skully. If only I wasn't a poor college student. :judo:

Yes, James really outdid himself on this one. Really flippin' amazing the amount of talent he has. Sculpting, Casting, Painting... He's a triple threat!!! :ubik:

turkitage said:
I guess you wanted your Berserk helmet facing sideways instead of facing straight, eh?

Haha, actually the main reason for that is because if I face him out forwards, the teeth stick too far out passed the edge of the display case, and I'm afraid someone (or myself) will knock it over. But yeah, I like the way the Guts helmet looks like from the side more because the eye shape is more distinctive.

turkitage said:
what's the other vertical display case? *sorry if this has been said before*)
Edit: Is it this? http://www.displaycasecorp.com/museum_cases.php?product_id=490&product_name=Sedona&product_head=Hexagonal%20Tower%20Case

I bought it on craigslist actually, for a mere $350. I've seen it on sites like TECHNODISPLAY and on various other sites, so it seems to be a fairly popular design. Actually, the case you linked is a little nicer than the one on Technodisplay.com because the base doesn't waste as much vertical space. I really dig this case because it's fairly deep and wide. The diagonal sides are pretty cool for looking at the statues at angles, but not the reason why I got it. I would say my only problem with the case is that the shelves are only being held up by 4 little screw things, that aren't really screwed into anything. They are just screwed into the railing and hold the shelves up that way. I'm so paranoid about them. I'd rather have the rails have a little notch every few centimeters or something. It was also super tedious to make sure each shelf was level. I think they should have measurements alongside the inner rail so it'll be easier to align the screws. ANYWAYS, all in all, I'm pleased with the way it looks, and I would definitely recommend it.

ghadrack

Not a llama or your momma!
Skullknight in hand, what an awesome piece. I guess you need another testimonial here like a hole in the head, but this was a smooth transaction, and awesome finished product and I'd gladly do business with James again.

I'm a happy camper tonight :)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Just checking to see if anyone else has received their SK helmets yet. I'd love to see some more of these magnificent beasts! Please post pictures once you guys get them. :daiba:

turkitage

ターク
well, since you asked Walter. I did get mine several days ago - and i'm loving it of course!

ALSO - I'm finally complete with my Berserk Fireplace!!!! (for the most part)

4242884603_f200a9a8ec_b.jpg

4243658168_f2de1e95ec_b.jpg

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
:isidro: Greatest fireplace ever.
Man, there are some talented people on SKnet. I love those walk-around videos; really showcases how great the helmet looks.

I can't even think straight after seeing this thing. I haven't been paying attention (totally forgot I'm even one of the 'maybes') but man I think my Berserker helmet needs a friend, and that friend is skully! I'll be emailing James today for one.

EDIT: My deposit has been sent. Now the waiting game :mozgus:

DirectDK said:
I know... I know... that Coco Chanel / Keira Knightley poster is allll out of place! :casca:

Wow, it's always fun looking at pictures of your collection Derek! That would be awesome to see in person.

By the way in place of that poster you need big canvas hand painting of guts in a cool pose,
I'm a decent artist so if you need someone to paint it for you let me know, i could really use the money. :guts:

VirulentShuriken said:
Wow, it's always fun looking at pictures of your collection Derek! That would be awesome to see in person.

By the way in place of that poster you need big canvas hand painting of guts in a cool pose,
I'm a decent artist so if you need someone to paint it for you let me know, i could really use the money. :guts:

Haha, thanks man! Do you have any website I can check out your work?

DirectDK said:
Haha, thanks man! Do you have any website I can check out your work?

Hey NP, I'll have to check out your site again sometime soon, i haven't been there in a while. A lot of people on here have some awesome collections. I only have a few Berserk figures but it's nothing no one here hasn't seen before I'm sure.

Sorry, i don't really have a site and i usually don't keep the stuff i make. But to be fair you wouldn't have to pay anything until it's finished and I show you some pics, and even then you don't have to get it unless you really like it. If anything it would be a good opportunity to work with canvas and paint. Sometimes my stuff turns out well but i'm no Kentarou Miura. :p
Speaking of him, this might be old news to some but i just now found out he has other manga called Japan, and King of Wolves. I wonder how they are..

http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/10-701/Japan-TPB
http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/10-700/King-of-Wolves-TPB

it says that they're both made by the creative team of Buronson (Fist of the North Star) and Kentarou Miura.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
VirulentShuriken said:
Speaking of him, this might be old news to some but i just now found out he has other manga called Japan, and King of Wolves. I wonder how they are..

http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/10-701/Japan-TPB
http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/10-700/King-of-Wolves-TPB

it says that they're both made by the creative team of Buronson (Fist of the North Star) and Kentarou Miura.

Yeah it's ooooooold news. Miura did the artwork, Buronson was the writer. "King of Wolves" has a sequel as well. These are Ok if you want to check Miura's artwork and compare it to Berserk, but storywise it's nothing to write home about.

I got my Skull Knight statue this week and it's fantastic! Dare I say, even better built than the Berserker helmet.

These statues are an absolute steal for the price it's being offered for... especially because 1/5th of the price is shipping and handling. If anyone is on the fence about this, stop waiting and order one... I mean think about it, a 1:1 very limited edition statue cost less than a much smaller more readily available statue from Japan.

Z

Zoliv

Hi,

All the owners said that the Skullknight Bust is more impressive than the Berserker Helmet which is already fantastic. Waiting for it will be tough.

For the ones who hesitate: just buy it! It is worth the price!

Zoliv

Top Bottom