2016 Berserk TV series: Episode 10

What did you think of the tenth episode of the 2016 TV series?

• It was great.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Some problems, but enjoyable.

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • It was bad, but had some redeeming features.

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • I hated it.

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
finally got around to watching the episode 9 and 10. the music was bad in this episode its not even funny, what an absolute mess. and they keep re-using the same shit, didn't the director say something along the lines of "we ordered 20 tracks but they gave us 40"? during that crunchyroll interview. the presentation is just absolute garbage, even though they're adapting the pages from the manga everything just looks bad. the art style sucks, the cgi sucks, the 1 frame hand drawn panning left and right sucks, the music is a mess etc.. every scene has to have something wrong with it, the impact these scenes give in the manga is non existent here. this show is starting to get to me :judo:, 2 more episodes :judo:

Hmmm, not sure what I think of the new series at the moment, I feel the original anime and the movies had much better build ups and the connection with the character/s was better.

This episode I enjoyed all the scenes with the behelit, I think Id be a lot more harsh if I got that far in the manga but im missing vol 3-8. Hopefully I can catch up quick.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
DragonSlayer24 said:
I already can tell they are going to do a cliffhanger with Griffith's rebirth for the finale.

Well, that is where the Conviction Arc ends, and that's what they set out to animate (sans Lost Children).

TheBlackMist said:
This episode I enjoyed all the scenes with the Beherit, I think Id be a lot more harsh if I got that far in the manga but im missing vol 3-8. Hopefully I can catch up quick.

Interesting. You're in a unique position then, having not read this section of the manga. Does this part make sense to you...? As in, why the ceremony is happening, and what's expected of it?

yeah, when I saw the original anime or before that with the dreamcast game, I read up as much as I could about it. As far as im aware this is like Griffiths second coming? my memory on why he is coming back like the original Griffith is confusing to me but then im sure it will make sense when im up to date with the manga. :void:

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Oof. Wow. So many scenes that I still vividly remember as holy shit moments the first time I read them, just with no impact at all on screen. It really feels like the director and/or key storyboard guys do not know what they're doing. The camera moves are awful so much of the time. The action scenes are hard to follow and the atmosphere scenes don't give your eye enough time to rest and build up any atmosphere. Even the attempt to have the candles reflect off Skully looked like if they had done it right it would have been cool.. but they didn't. The purple goo didn't bother me last episode but they doubled down on it and the rolling evil goo that literally kept me up all night reading through the incarnation ceremony back in the day, it was so fucking scary and spooky, now just is some purple cgi blob with a face on it.

The music, omfg why.

Boo.

Isidro is pretty good though.

Isidro is pretty good though.

I have to say that Isidro, Luka, and Puck so far the only things about this new anime that I really like. I don't know, but I was really tickled and enjoyed seeing Puck and Isidro's banter animated and acted out. They both actually seem like they are bothering to put some life into their scenes. In the cave with the hertics Isidro's actions trying to prove his mettle and freaking out and miraculously landing safely when he took that leap from the cliff over the possessed heretics, were some of my favorite Isidro moments from the manga and I think Isidro's voice actor pulled those scenes off well. Luka has always been a great character and I loved seeing her brought to life and animated and I think her voice actor does a good job acting her lines. I'm kind of sad that we will be over with her character soon.

As for the other stuff I am really not impressed. They botched Farnese's backstory as well as Serpico's, and have yet to establish their relation to each other when I think it was already covered at this point. The backstory with Serpico's mother was such an emotional part of his story. And I feel Farnese's VA over acts her part. I actually thought her haughty attitude was done much better in the video game where she puts it off a bit more subtly with her earlier interactions with Isidro.

This whole part with the CGI blobs are really dumb and like others have said do not capture the eerie creepy atmosphere of the manga.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vixen Comics said:
They botched Farnese's backstory as well as Serpico's, and have yet to establish their relation to each other when I think it was already covered at this point. The backstory with Serpico's mother was such an emotional part of his story.

Nope, that flashback occurs after the incarnation ceremony, in Vol 22.

Top Bottom