2017 Berserk TV Series (Season 2)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Hitoshura said:
New season 2 key visual. Airs on April 7th. http://berserk-anime.com/news/index00920000.html

Thanks! Not very impressed by the visual. Looks like they tried to emulate Vol 25's cover, but made it shitty in the process.

I'll be very interested to see if Crunchyroll picks up this new season. Could be a good indicator of how it did financially for them, if they're willing to go at it again.

AnimeNewsNetwork] Susumu Hirasawa's "Hai yo" and "Ash Crow" songs return as insert songs for the anime. [/quote] :ganishka: ... :sad: Also from that story said:
The opening is one of the few things I like about the 2016 anime. I'm surprised at the somewhat negative/muted response to it here on SK.net.

I was pretty vocal about how I liked the opening, actually. It was indeed probably the thing I liked the most about the 2016 series.

RaffoBaffo said:
April 7th.
It's a Friday.
A "YA relase" Friday

:schnoz:

No, YA always releases on the second and fourth Fridays of each month. By that schedule, the first YA of the month will release on April 14. Though, if they're doing the co-marketing scheme again, it's entirely possible we'll get 348 on March 24, in the previous issue.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I've been waiting a long time to see the Berserk's Armor in action outside of a video game... but seriously, is it that bad? I know I've been assured it is, and I still haven't gotten past the opening of the first episode, but beyond that, we're just being hypercritical fans and it's really not that unwatchable, right?? I want to watch Berserk anime but not have it hurt. :sad:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
I've been waiting a long time to see the Berserk's Armor in action outside of a video game... but seriously, is it that bad? I know I've been assured it is, and I still haven't gotten past the opening of the first episode, but beyond that, we're just being hypercritical fans and it's really not that unwatchable, right?? I want to watch Berserk anime but not have it hurt. :sad:

It's the worst thing with Berserk's name on it.

Griffith said:

I'd put forth an argument that the new games version of the conviction arc is equally, if not more awful. Though as it stands there is little point in picking your better poison. It's sad that the only things outside manga I've experienced since becoming a fan have been very uninspiring. Now ten years.

That art is very average... About 9mm... Is it a new song? Coz I heard they're using the same Hirasawa song, hai yo... At this point t I expect this season to be even worse than the last.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
I don't think it was mentioned but is it safe to say we'll be able to Watch it on crunchyroll again?

I'll enjoy it for what it is ; a cheap animation while I wait for the real deal anyway. It'll give me something to complain about.

jackson_hurley said:
I'll enjoy it for what it is ; a cheap animation while I wait for the real deal anyway. It'll give me something to complain about.

Basically why I stuck it out through last season. Even if the second season sucks I can at least have fun shitting on it.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Sareth said:
Basically why I stuck it out through last season. Even if the second season sucks I can at least have fun shitting on it.

My sentiments exactly. Still fun to see what they'll do with it (or should I say how they'll mess it up).

It'll fall in my I-have-nothing-to-do-let's-Watch-it list as with the Dragon ball super. (Reminiscing my past here)

Sweet Prince said:
The opening is one of the few things I like about the 2016 anime. I'm surprised at the somewhat negative/muted response to it here on SK.net. Sure, 9mm Parabellum Bullet don't have that same je ne sais quoi as Susumu Hirasawa, but 'Inferno' fits the spirit of the series, IMHO... and the riffs are tasty as fuck.
I didn't care for that song. The vocalist with the energetic high-pitched voice didn't do it for me. It wasn't a good match for Berserk IMO, and neither was the peppy rock tune that accompanied it. The lyrics try to paint a bleak picture, but it doesn't work when the song just sounds so damn happy and excited, and I'm very certain that wasn't done to be ironic.

residentgrigo

Excitement and Enjoyment!
I can´t believe how downright ugly the key art looks but the team is at least not making empty promises of possible quality. I am still no sure if i will even watch the pilot, but i will lol pretty hard if the show somehow got worse. They are even adapting my favorite arc. Another reason not to tune in, as the PS2 game did a fine job with their take.

S

Sweet Prince

Demon Knight said:
I would prefer an opening with SIGN.

TBH, I'd prefer that, too.

Walter said:
I was pretty vocal about how I liked the opening, actually. It was indeed probably the thing I liked the most about the 2016 series.

My bad. :farnese: I could've perhaps benefitted from more liberal use of the search function before generalising. At least I'm not alone in my appreciation!

It's sad, I just can't get excited for this. I feel like the first season of the 2016 anime just sucked the life out of it. I feel like if I ever show anyone an adaption of Berserk besides the manga, it will be the 97 version once again. I'm hoping that they at least fixed a few of the problems, like the horrendous CGI, inappropriate music placement and sound effects, and just poor story telling. From the looks of what others are saying, it's probably going to be the same. :judo:

(Also what's up with the promo poster? The art for season 1 looked better, and that's saying something... ugh).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1O5us-PLc0

Here's a video from the anime's website condensing the first season. Some of the animation had been altered (the 2D around Griffith's return has been smoothed and the fixed Serpico's run to catch up with Farnese, all I could tell) but it still looks like ass.

DANGERDOOOOM

Rest In Peace, Kentaro Miura. We will miss you.
Sareth said:

Here's a video from the anime's website condensing the first season. Some of the animation had been altered (the 2D around Griffith's return has been smoothed and the fixed Serpico's run to catch up with Farnese, all I could tell) but it still looks like ass.

Kill it with fire! :magni:

Sareth said:

Oh look, Guts actually looks like guts at this moment https://youtu.be/D1O5us-PLc0?t=1360 .
Same video but near the end at 22:40.

Sadly that's the only positive i have to say on that video lol

DANGERDOOOOM

Rest In Peace, Kentaro Miura. We will miss you.
Gamehowitzer said:
Oh look, Guts actually looks like guts at this moment https://youtu.be/D1O5us-PLc0?t=1360 .
Same video but near the end at 22:40.

Sadly that's the only positive i have to say on that video lol

Yeah, these animators have an awesome talent at tracing actual drawings from the manga. :schierke:

That is one polished turd. Griffith's reveal is still as obnoxious as ever. It's a real sad state of affairs at how much better the Musou game handled that scene.

Gamehowitzer said:
Is that what they did? Yeeshh...
A lot of the half-decent 2D shots from the anime are little more than barely-animated line-by-line panel recreations from the manga with color added. So whenever I hear someone say "Well, at least the 2D parts looked good," I really want to bang my head on the wall.

Cyrus Jong said:
That is one polished turd. Griffith's reveal is still as obnoxious as ever. It's a real sad state of affairs at how much better the Musou game handled that scene.
A lot of the half-decent 2D shots from the anime are little more than barely-animated line-by-line panel recreations from the manga with color added. So whenever I hear someone say "Well, at least the 2D parts looked good," I really want to bang my head on the wall.
Well then. Sounds like berserk 2017 will be a bust too.

Top Bottom