2021 New years illustration by Miura

20210105-133151.jpg

Shared by this Twitter User

皆様のおかげで連載30年を迎えることが

できました感謝の極みです

これからもベルセルク何卒応援御願い致します

I think I got the characters right? Here’s what my translator app gave me.

Thanks to everyone, we can celebrate the 30th anniversary of the serialization. It’s the height of gratitude. Thank you for your continued support of Berserk.

Last edited:
Such a lovely little drawing from Miura. It's really nice to see him putting out something like this following his message at the end of the recent episode about being lonely. I hope he's having a good new year.

The way Puck is drawn reminds me of a rubber duck. Might be what he was going for as Zodd looks pretty toy-ish, too, with that soft rendering which makes it look like plastic.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
...Zodd looks pretty toy-ish, too, with that soft rendering which makes it look like plastic.
It looks like it's based on an Akabeko:

"Akabeko is a famous craft and symbol of Aizu region of Fukushima prefecture. According to legend, Akabeko is originated from a real cow that helped built a temple and refused to leave after it was fully built. This traditional folk toy is made from papier-mache on a bamboo or wooden frame and has a signature bobble head when moved. It also serves as charm for good health and easy childbirth."

Top Bottom