30th Anniversary of Berserk (~Sept 2019)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Based on a summary from a japanese speaker, Miura will Draw the drafts Till He thinks that His assistants can do it without his sketching.

He also said the work he's contributing for Duranki — the drafting — is done quickly. It's the polishing and fine-tuning that absorbs a lot of his time.

İ blame Hakusensha

You mean in terms of scheduling the debut of a new magazine with the 30th anniversary? Sure, I guess. But that's not an excuse that would work for any wife on her 30th anniversary if you catch my drift. There should be something in there to celebrate it.

He also said the work he's contributing for Duranki — the drafting — is done quickly. It's the polishing and fine-tuning that absorbs a lot of his time.

You mean in terms of scheduling the debut of a new magazine with the 30th anniversary? Sure, I guess. But that's not an excuse that would work for any wife on her 30th anniversary if you catch my drift. There should be something in there to celebrate it.
Well the 30th is in fact in October, but they celebrate it in September. My hopes are that they will celebrate it in October, but even then, maybe the thing we get for the anniversary isn't an new episode, but a few drawings or something of that kind

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well the 30th is in fact in October, but they celebrate it in September.

To use my husband-wife joke from before, this is like the wedding happening in September, but the marriage certificate being signed in October. Which one is the wife going to care about? Because sure, the Animal House that started Berserk has an October cover date, but it came out in September, and the 20th-anniversary celebration was likewise in September 2009. If they choose to celebrate it in October this time around, no skin off my back really. But going by the history of the series, it should have been this month.

Yep. Even if Miura doesn't have the episode 360 ready in time for the 30th anniversary, there's still tons of cool stuff Hakusensha could do to celebrate this milestone. Like releasing deleted scenes, storyboard rough drafts, preliminary character sketches and monster designs or any other material from Miura's archives that didn't make the final cut in the manga. Then there's all the color pages and trading card game paintings that Miura had made over the 30 years of Berserk. Or, if nothing else, Young Animal can republish the episode 83. Anything to send the fans home happy. Either way, Hakusensha should really do something good to celebrate the series' 30th anniversary.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Like releasing deleted scenes, storyboard rough drafts, preliminary character sketches and monster designs or any other material from Miura's archives that didn't make the final cut in the manga. [...] Or, if nothing else, Young Animal can republish the episode 83. Anything to send the fans home happy.

This will never happen for obvious reasons, and "anything to make fans happy" isn't how it goes.

This will never happen for obvious reasons, and "anything to make fans happy" isn't how it goes.

That was just wishful thinking on my part, on what could've been done to celebrate Berserk's 30th anniversary. I have zero illusions about Hakusensha and I know they won't do anything noteworthy.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
That was just wishful thinking on my part, on what could've been done to celebrate Berserk's 30th anniversary. I have zero illusions about Hakusensha and I know they won't do anything noteworthy.

I think what they did for the 20th anniversary was cool, and I wouldn't presume that they don't care this time around. But they will definitely not reprint episode 83 or "deleted scenes" or things like that.

Top Bottom