30th Anniversary of Berserk (~Sept 2019)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The 30th anniversary of Berserk is coming up in a month or so (~September 1989 was when Animal House began serializing Berserk). So expect a celebration in Young Animal around that time, likely late September . As a reminder, the last time Berserk had an anniversary (20th), it coincided with ep 307 - Falconia, vol 34's release, and Young Animal also included a new, color image with Berserk on the cover along with: alternate vol 34 slipcase (by Miura), a big poster of Guts vs Zodd (picture here), and a minibook, the Character and World guide.

It's entirely possible we'll get ep 359 in that issue, and it'd also be cool if, like the 20th anniversary, the included ep was similarly momentous. But, who the hell knows? :shrug:

In any case, episode or not, I expect something big from Young Animal in terms of special editions, posters, etc., so you might want to pre-order the issue as soon as it becomes available. The 20th issue sold out pretty quickly if I recall correctly. Details will be posted in this thread as soon as we know them.

Last edited:
It is crazy that the series will have its 30th anniversary. The selfish Berserk fan inside me wishes that we are gonna get a new Artbook announced, or atleast i hope we will finally get to know what other project Miura has been working on since the hint from that french interview.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's entirely possible we'll get ep 358 in that issue, and it'd also be cool if, like the 20th anniversary, the included ep was similarly momentous. But, who the hell knows? :shrug:

I fully expect episode 359 to be momentous, no doubt about that. It also makes sense that Miura and/or his editor would have chosen to hold on to the next few episodes in order to mark the occasion with a "big" release.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
...It's entirely possible we'll get ep 358 ...

I fully expect episode 358 to be momentous...

To be sure, you guys are talking about 359 right?:serpico:

In any cases, I'm kind of excited to get an announcement for the 30th anniversary! And like Aaz said, it'd make sense for them to have waited until september to release something. It'll be the perfect gift to end the summer season.

It sounds totally possible.

I mean, there is no way we won't be getting anything for the 30th anniversary, right? There is also a possibility that Miura might announce the "Thing" he has been working on (I don't remember if he called it a "project" so i'm calling it a "thing" for now :ganishka:).

We might also get an episode on August and then the "momentous" episode on September, who knows?:shrug:

This may be a dumb question but that's the easiest way to order physical Young Animal issues, I haven't really had to go through the process but I'd love to start getting them imported.

MASTER-AMIR

Guts The Black Swordsman
A few days ago, the Twitter page of the Young Animal released a poll that contained four Berserk illustration. The one who voted most will be released (Clear file illustration Something like that) in a special edition " Young Animal Zero" September 9. Maybe it's about the 30th anniversary?

A few days ago, the Twitter page of the Young Animal released a poll that contained four Berserk illustration. The one who voted most will be released (Clear file illustration Something like that) in a special edition " Young Animal Zero" September 9. Maybe it's about the 30th anniversary?

I found something here: Young Animal ZERO

Its a new magazine of Young Animal which will publish seinen manga once every other month. Maybe berserk will move over to that?

Possible I guess, but by moving Berserk over, they'd damage their flagship magazine, so I don't think it'd be likely.

This is the twitter post by Young Animal btw talking about releasing a clear illustration file in the first issue of Young Animal ZERO

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
This is the twitter post by Young Animal btw talking about releasing a clear illustration file in the first issue of Young Animal ZERO

I'm aware of it, I even voted in the thing back then. But just because they're comarketing that new magazine with Berserk doesn't mean that's where Berserk is moving. Didn't Young Animal "Arashi" do the same when it launched...?

I'm aware of it, I even voted in the thing back then. But just because they're comarketing that new magazine with Berserk doesn't mean that's where Berserk is moving. Didn't Young Animal "Arashi" do the same when it launched...?

I agree, i dont think it will be moved either, and if they would have moved Berserk there we already would have gotten a big announcment in this upcoming issue of Young Animal as they already listed some of the authors who are included in the magazine.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Just a thought but since we're approaching a significant milestone are we as the forum going to do anything in particular?

Do you have something in mind? It's usually just Walter and me doing stuff and we don't have anything planned for the occasion other than what we usually do when an episode comes out.

Do you have something in mind? It's usually just Walter and me doing stuff and we don't have anything planned for the occasion other than what we usually do when an episode comes out.

I was thinking about a Special 30th Anniversary Skullkast, but to be honest i don't know anything you can add to it to make it more special than it will already be. I mean, it will be the review of the 30th anniversary episode... (which will more than likely be more impactful than a usual episode).

But we have 2 months, i'm sure someone will think of something :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I mean, it will be the review of the 30th anniversary episode... (which will more than likely be more impactful than a usual episode).

Yep, this is pretty much my thought. If the ep turns out to be what we think it is, it will alone be quite momentous.

Not surprised really. The workload for Miura has increased even more with Duranki for now. I dont expect this to change till he stops drawing the draft for Duranki.

Not surprised really. The workload for Miura has increased even more with Duranki for now. I dont expect this to change till he stops drawing the draft for Duranki.
I think he stated in the newest interview that he will only draw the drafts for the first two episodes

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
I think he stated in the newest interview that he will only draw the drafts for the first two episodes

Which would be already done considering the first two episodes went out in the same release. Maybe we'll get Lucky and have an episode for october.

Top Bottom