A different beginning(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi to everyone,

i was asking myself if it would have been better for Berserk to start directly from The Golden Age, skipping the black swordsman's first three numbers.

Let me explain.

Without those initial episode we would have never know who Griffith was, instead when it is presented to us in his Human form as a teenager we arleady know heìs gonna mess things up.

Doesn't this spoiler us the GINORMOUS plotwist that the eclipse is?

IMHO Miura should have placed the black swordsman arc between the golden age and the Lost children arc, following the streaming of facts instead of starting the narration in MEDIAS RES

Waiting for your opinions

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Fonta said:
i was asking myself if it would have been better for Berserk to start directly from The Golden Age, skipping the black swordsman's first three numbers.

No, it wouldn't have been better. The Black Swordsman arc lays out the foundation for the entire series. It explains every core concept in Berserk. It also gives the reader a reason to care about the character of Guts and the world he lives in.

Fonta said:
Without those initial episode we would have never know who Griffith was, instead when it is presented to us in his Human form as a teenager we arleady know heìs gonna mess things up.

That's the point. You know the result, but not how things ended up that way.

Fonta said:
Doesn't this spoiler us the GINORMOUS plotwist that the eclipse is?

No. The point of the Eclipse was never to be a surprise plot twist. Berserk just isn't that kind of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom