Angels & Demons

Catchy thread topic Eh?

The book by Dan Brown, who also is known for the damn popular book, "the Davinci Code," which i never read. However i did just finish reading "Angels & Demons." Has anyone else read it? Let me just say that the book pwns imho (however it did not pwn as much as berserk though :p ) If you get a chance, read the book you will not be sorry.

Here is what a review says; (note that this book is much better than this review makes it out to be)

Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon is shocked to find proof that the legendary secret society, the Illuminati--dedicated since the time of Galileo to promoting the interests of science and condemning the blind faith of Catholicism--is alive, well, and murderously active. Brilliant physicist Leonardo Vetra has been murdered, his eyes plucked out, and the society's ancient symbol branded upon his chest. His final discovery, antimatter, the most powerful and dangerous energy source known to man, has disappeared--only to be hidden somewhere beneath Vatican City on the eve of the election of a new pope. Langdon and Vittoria, Vetra's daughter and colleague, embark on a frantic hunt through the streets, churches, and catacombs of Rome, following a 400-year-old trail to the lair of the Illuminati, to prevent the incineration of civilization.

DemonX said:
But does it really involve angels and demons? If so, I must read it!

(I have a strange fetish for angels and demons...)

It seems the title implies that but no, you would be disappointed. It still kics ass though.

D

darkbane

DemonX said:
(I have a strange fetish for angels and demons...)
Try "Devil x Devil" and "Angel Sanctuary" if you haven't yet. ^_^ Both manga though.
NeoBerserker said:
...Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon is shocked to find proof that the legendary secret society, the Illuminati--dedicated since the time of Galileo to...
Damn, it's always the Iluminati ain't it. ^_^ Poor blokes.

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
[quote author=darkbane] Damn, it's always the Iluminati ain't it. ^_^ Poor blokes.[/quote]
Yeah, nobody picks on the Knights Templar or the Freemasons anymore. See, if the French would just persecute the ol' Illuminati for a change, they'd get a better rep(the Illuminati, that is.) Supporting charitable funds wouldn't hurt either

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Herald of Yama said:
Yeah, nobody picks on the Knights Templar or the Freemasons anymore. See, if the French would just persecute the ol' Illuminati for a change, they'd get a better rep(the Illuminati, that is.) Supporting charitable funds wouldn't hurt either

Well there was that game Deus Ex 2, which had the Illuminati AND the Knights Templar...

The book sounds like utter tripe, just like The Da Vinci Code. The real villain in the Da Vinci Code was Robert Langdon, and now I see that evil, politically motivated excuse for a scholar is going to impugn the saintly organization of Illuminati.

Denial said:
The book sounds like utter tripe, just like The Da Vinci Code. The real villain in the Da Vinci Code was XXXXXX XXXXXXX, and now I see that evil, politically motivated excuse for a scholar is going to impugn the saintly organization of Illuminati.

This is a spoiler for those who hanvt read the book man, Id suggest maybe editing your post?

Denial said:
The book sounds like utter tripe, just like The Da Vinci Code. The real villain in the Da Vinci Code was Robert Langdon, and now I see that evil, politically motivated excuse for a scholar is going to impugn the saintly organization of Illuminati.
The real villain was Langdon? wtf are you talking about man?

Khorne said:
The real villain was Langdon? wtf are you talking about man?

How he lies and misleads everyone throughout the entire book with pretensions towards looking like a good guy while advancing his extremist socio-religio-political agenda.

Denial said:
How he lies and misleads everyone throughout the entire book with pretensions towards looking like a good guy while advancing his extremist socio-religio-political agenda.
I have no idea what you are talking about. ??? ???

Top Bottom