Anyone playing WoW?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
More from MMO-Champion.com

Archaeology
Archaeology is the new secondary profession that will be joining the ranks of cooking, fishing, and first aid in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Archaeology allows the player to unlock new abilities and rewards by discovering ancient treasures throughout the world. Each archaeologist uses the profession to uncover clues hidden in the world around them, such as troll relics or map fragments, and decipher their meaning, enabling the clever archaeologist to manipulate pieces of the past, learning the location of a treasure cache or valuable artifact. Such artifacts are highly sought after by the Archaeology Society, and they pay in gold and items for their return. Those who have mastered archaeology can find Titan artifacts, earning special currency used to unlock character paths and allowing the player to further customize their character.

Reforging

* Reforging is another way to customize your gear.
* It will be relatively cheap, you will need a Blacksmith / Leatherworker / Tailor / Jewelcrafter / Engineer to do it. Each profession get to reforge a type of items.
* It lets you reduce one stat for another. Some restrictions will apply, you can't put the extra stat on something that is already on the item.

Professions

* Multi-gains will be added, while you level up your trade skills, rare items will give you more points as you skill up. (Rare items will give you 5 points for example, while green bracers will only give one)
* Gathering should be a little more fun.
* Engineering is a very fun tradeskill, but it's either amazing or it sucks and everybody drops it. More convenient items like Jeeves or Wormhole Generator will be added to the profession in the future to get back to the roots of Engineering.
* Fishing will also have some big changes, no details yet but it's going to be more fun.

Itemization
In World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, there are plans to streamline the statistics found on items. We want to remove all unnecessary stats, make all existing stats understandable, and make all "core" stats more appealing. Here are some examples of such plans.

* MP5: This will be removed from items and replaced with Spirit. All healers will be given a meditation-like ability.
* Spell Power: Spell Power is being removed from items as well. Don't panic, we'll be improving Intellect so that it provides mana and Spell Power.
* Attack Power: We're removing Attack Power from items as well. Instead, we're allowing Agility to provide the necessary Attack Power for leather and mail wearers. Strength will provide the appropriate amount of Attack Power for plate wearers. This means leather and mail items will no longer be desirable for plate wearers.
* Defense: The Defense statistic is also being removed from items so that players no longer have to worry about juggling around "the cap." Tanks will receive the necessary anti-crit from talents, like Survival of the Fittest.
* Armor Penetration: This ability is too confusing and "mathy." It is being replaced with Mastery, a stat that makes you better at what you do. More on that later!
* Haste: Will also increase the rate at which you gain energy, runes, and focus. Retribution paladins and Enhancement shaman will have a talent that allows them to take advantage of this benefit.
* Block: Block Value is being removed. Blocking will now always mitigate a percentage of damage.
* Stamina: Players will notice more Stamina on gear as Defense, Spell Power, Attack Power and Armor Penetration are removed.

Legendary Item

* Shadowmourne - You won't get Frostmourne in Icecrown but Death Knights and Hunters will get a Legendary Axe named Shadowmourne.

Worgen Form

* The Worgen Form is cosmetic only
* out of combat you can pick between Human or Worgen.
* In combat you will be a worgen.

Hunter

* Hunter's mana is GONE!!!
* Hunters now use focus, no longer care about intellect or mana regen.
* Focus regenerates contunously, Steady shot improves the rate of getting focus bag.
* Rogue energy comes back at a 10 / sec rate, Hunter focus comes back at 6/sec (12/sec with steady shot)
* A shot costs 30 to 60 focus.
* Hunters will have fewer cooldowns on abilities
* Ammos will become an item, not a consumable.

Warlock

* Soul Shards are no longer in your bags. The goal is to make them fun, not a hassle.
* Soul Shards will be integrated to the user interface. (Just like Death Knight runes)
* You get three shards per fight, they will regen very quickly out of combat.
* It will be possible to get more for long fights or mistakes through Drain Soul.
* Soul Burn (New Spell) : Cost 1 Shard, 30 sec cooldown, off the GCD. Empowers your next spell, many (not all spells) behave differently when empowered.
* Empowered Searing Pain : Next 3 Searing Pains crit
* Empowered Summon Demon : Instant Cast
* Empowered Soulfire : Instant Cast
* Empowered Fear : Instant Cast
* Empowered Death Coil : Longer Horror, more healing received.
* They are only used in combat, summons or demons won't use your shards.

X

Xem

Well apparently this isn't bullshit and Blizzard decided to finally finish the game they started. With GUSTO!~. Thankfully.

For those playing WoW, this is simply amazing, and if you don't agree - well, than you haven't been around long enough. For the rest, this is probably the best reason you're ever going to have to start playing WoW.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
Well apparently this isn't bullshit and Blizzard decided to finally finish the game they started. With GUSTO!~. Thankfully.

For those playing WoW, this is simply amazing, and if you don't agree - well, than you haven't been around long enough. For the rest, this is probably the best reason you're ever going to have to start playing WoW.
Changing details in spell casting and abilities suddenly makes WoW a great game? I don't believe you.

X

Xem

Walter said:
Changing details in spell casting and abilities suddenly makes WoW a great game? I don't believe you.

Never said anything about making it a "great game", to some of us (a great margin of the gaming population) it already was. It just went in the wrong direction in some respects and wasn't even close to being finished. It's looking like this next expansion is a giant step forward, and people not introduced to the game yet will enjoy it now moreso than ever.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
My point was that I don't see how changing these kinds of details will make a five-year-old game suddenly more enticing to new players. But then, maybe people really get off on soul shards. :troll:

SaiyajinNoOuji

Walter said:
My point was that I don't see how changing these kinds of details will make a five-year-old game suddenly more enticing to new players. But then, maybe people really get off on soul shards. :troll:
Well to be frank (get it?! :ganishka: ) it makes things much simpler. For soul shards, it was a pain in the ass task to have enough on hand so that you can use your abilities. Nothing like going out and farming 20+ same level mobs so that you can use your abilities during a raid. Now you start off with 3 every fight and get regen them during the fight. That really makes a difference in that you spend more time playing the game instead of grinding to prepare to play the game.

As for stat's and what not, it goes back to making things easier. Getting rid of all the clutter of stats that have been put in during the current 5 year run of this game is great since it makes the choices much easier for everyone when upgrading their gear.

Blizzard wants people to just get in the game and play and changing their system in these vast way's is a good thing.

I still play on Dragonmaw but I'm more casual these days. Between car restoration, cert studying and working and playing my PS3, time is limited to like 1 night a week (to run Trial of the Champion).

SaiyajinNoOuji

I think the biggest thing right now that people are talking about is how the fight with arathas will evolve into. Currently ever since near the end of the Burning Crusade expansion, the content has been flowing liket his... Whole area is put into the game with seperate wings > The server must complete each wing to open up the wing after it > profit.

With that Blizzard has said that the final fight with arathas will be able to be done by all three types of groups (5 man, 10 man, and 25 man). With that they are wondering if those three types will be tied into each other or not. Regardless there are tons of games out there and not enough time. I want to be a head in a glass jar so I can play games FOR EVER! :SK:

X

Xem

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I think the biggest thing right now that people are talking about is how the fight with arathas will evolve into. Currently ever since near the end of the Burning Crusade expansion, the content has been flowing liket his... Whole area is put into the game with seperate wings > The server must complete each wing to open up the wing after it > profit.

With that Blizzard has said that the final fight with arathas will be able to be done by all three types of groups (5 man, 10 man, and 25 man). With that they are wondering if those three types will be tied into each other or not. Regardless there are tons of games out there and not enough time. I want to be a head in a glass jar so I can play games FOR EVER! :SK:

5 manning the hardest encounter in the game? Sounds fun, has it ever been done before? Obviously the profit won't be nearly as good as the 10 and 25 modes, or if they use a Heroic mode as well. Hell, I'm actually curious to see if the loot tables for 5 man are underneath the current hardest encounter in the game - Heroic 25 man ToGC.

----

edit: I play on Shattered Hand (horde)

yesmilord

千年王国
Sorry for semi-necro, but this is definitely relevant.

I was invited into the friends/family alpha testing for Cataclysm (for those who care about WoW), and I must say I wasn't expecting much. I made a Worgen, and the atmosphere of Gilneas really got to me. The old-town sleepy hollow spookiness struck a chord! I also managed to transfer my level 80 over and flew around Eastern Kingdoms till I had a graphical error which caused WoW to crash indefinitely :D

If anyone is interested or would like to see something, let me know and I'll post some screenshots.

Also there's this huge ritual circle behind Stormwind Castle! CONSPIRACIES!!! :mozgus:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
That sounds awesome, aside from the graphical error. Personally, I'm really looking forward to Cataclysm. I love Wrath of the Lich King and can't wait for Deathwing's arrival in Azeroth. I'm glad to hear Gilneas is as cool as it looks. I'll be creating a Worgen of my own as soon as my copy arrives in the mail. :serpico:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I saw that on www.worldofwarcraft.com last night. I've always loved Blizzard's pre-rendered cinematics. Now that I've finally got patch 4.0.1 working correctly, I'm really enjoying the changes and improvements they've made to various classes and graphics. Do I even need to mention that I'm taking 12/8/10 off?

Edit: The intro cinematic for Cataclysm was posted a couple days ago. Blizzard never fails to impress with their pre-rendered movies and this is no exception.

http://www.youtube.com/warcraft

Top Bottom