Anyone playing WoW?

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
TheBeast43105 said:
They really should have a rehab clinic for this game

It seems that everyone here thinks, that people who play WoW are all highly addicted, anti social nerds. That's stupid, really. :miura:

woo-haa said:
Regarding the DS, I think that the alliance rank 14 sword is the most similiar.

True, I totally forgot about that one. :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Chiba said:
It seems that everyone here thinks, that people who play WoW are all highly addicted, anti social nerds. That's stupid, really. :miura:

I just read that its a really addictive game and there are some here that can't afford to lose all that time to a game. Not really a diss to those who play it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Chiba said:
It seems that everyone here thinks, that people who play WoW are all highly addicted, anti social nerds. That's stupid, really.

Yeah, especially since WoW was always designed to appeal to little kids and other mainstream gamers, unlike the good old hardcore MMORPGs or yore which mostly had weirdos in them. WoW isn't more addicting than other games of its type, and it's not even particularly remarkable at all in that regard. If you want tales of guys ending up destroying their lives with MMORPGs I have dozens and dozens and they're all pre-WoW (and even a few of people getting homages on forums when they died IRL too). In Korea people were already killing each other in the real world for items in Lineage 1.

Sorry but this is all very unimpressive.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Aazealh said:
Yeah, especially since WoW was always designed to appeal to little kids and other mainstream gamers, unlike the good old hardcore MMORPGs or yore which mostly had weirdos in them. WoW isn't more addicting than other games of its type, and it's not even particularly remarkable at all in that regard. If you want tales of guys ending up destroying their lives with MMORPGs I have dozens and dozens and they're all pre-WoW (and even a few of people getting homages on forums when they died IRL too). In Korea people were already killing each other in the real world for items in Lineage 1.

Sorry but this is all very unimpressive.
Well if thats the case, Korea can go ahead and keep that trend/rank of being the main country where its game players kill each other over virtual items.

Anyways though, you are right. WoW isnt anything new it just polishes things that have been out there a little better. Although end game it does turn into the hardcore grind like some of the other games out there.

I am currently playing RF-On-line as well and man, THAT is a grind, since its a Korean based game that has been distributed to Japan and recently to Europe/America.

I'm still debating wether or not to buy the expansion when it comes out. :???:

Most of my friends don't play WoW anymore since they are being worked to the bone at my former job so it pretty much sucks not to have some IRL friends playing..

I just hope they fix the PvP system, that is a real hellacious grind right there but rumor has it that they will be putting in cross-server Battle grounds! :beast:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Well if thats the case, Korea can go ahead and keep that trend/rank of being the main country where its game players kill each other over virtual items.

It's just the main country for online games and Internet in general, that's the thing. When it becomes as big of a phenomenon in other countries (and it is in the process of doing just that) then we'll see the same things happening.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Aazealh said:
It's just the main country for online games and Internet in general, that's the thing. When it becomes as big of a phenomenon in other countries (and it is in the process of doing just that) then we'll see the same things happening.
yea I know... its just crazy... I can't imagine how some one would kill a human being over a sword of ever lasting pleasentries!

CnC said:
I just read that its a really addictive game and there are some here that can't afford to lose all that time to a game.  Not really a diss to those who play it.

Thank you, thats exactly what i meant. :guts:
It was just a joke fellas.....

I've got a level 30 Shaman in Thrall.
There's actually a Alliance guild there called "Band O The Hawk" which I should probably find out more about but I don't really feel like starting a new character yet and besides Alliance sucks at PVP :zodd:

Raziel

"Each man is haunted until his humanity awakens."
Well I've heard a lot about this game from various different sources, although I haven't invested in buying the game until recently.  So now I've been playing for about a week and am on the Aerie Peak server, so I currently am a level 17 Hunter.

Thanks namely goes to SaiyajinNoOuji for getting me to play the game.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Raziel said:
Well I've heard a lot about this game from various different sources, although I haven't invested in buying the game until recently. So now I've been playing for about a week and am on the Aerie Peak server, so I currently am a level 17 Hunter.

Thanks namely goes to SaiyajinNoOuji for getting me to play the game.
:carcus: :casca:

SlimJ87D

Apollo
CnC said:
lol.

I think WoW is the first game I think I've avoided solely on the reason that I know I'd be addicted to it. 

yes, same here, i don't want to get addicted to any online RPGs.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
I quit a month ago. Endgame raids just didnt do it for me, and battlegrounds, while it has its moments, wasnt for me either. I'm the type of player who likes to interact with other people in a MMO world, but also to do most everything else solo. There is zero tolerance for lone wolf endgame, so that was the end of that. Also, I am highly unimpressed by many of the decisions they are making for the expansion, what with crappy jewelcrafting and that now Paladin and Shamans are no longer faction specific... just stupid.

I play WoW and with any mmo you can regulate how much you play, if you have the willpower to do it.

WoW can be a terrible game, WoW can be a fantastic game. Depends which YOU let it be.

I am fortunate. I play WoW with my family. THere are 5 of us, each playing a specific role for the party. It's a blast!!!

So for me, and actually I can speak for all of us too...

It is:
a) Rare item collection (so that you can kill enemies faster, and thus get more rare items)
b) Raids (so you can get rare items without having to kill so many enemies).
c) The comradery among players: does it even exist? I've heard some nasty things...
d) Leveling up
e) haha good one!
f) The story

And one other point is pvp. Which is what we are MOST looking forward to do as a party.

Like I said, I'm fortunate :guts:

Got a 60 priest on Burning Blade.
Guild is currrently trying to down nefarion in BWL *The "end-game" boss, if you will*
A good joke is that once nef is down you get to see the games credits scroll.
I'm addicted, and I don't really like the game in general either :p
But I stay home, no work or school, and it gives me something to do when bored.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Well I just got my main computer up and running after it going down for about 3 months... had the chance to upgrade everything minus the HDD... Went from a AMD athalon 1.12G process, 1gig of pc3200 ram and a agp8 radeon 9600 pro to a Pentium D dual core, 2 gigs of DDR2 pc5200 ram, and a PCI Express Radeon X800.... its just a totally different world, I can PVP much better... it cost me a pretty penny but well worth it!

Transfered from Frostmourne to Wildhammer (Sorry Nomad and (the name escapes me, FORGIVE ME! :judo:)

Almightygoat

The Goat Givith, The Goat Takith Away
I play WoW.  Got a 60 Orc Warrior, and 55 Orc Hunter on Zul' Jin.  Have all sorts of alts too, and my alliance character... (hate the alliance) is on shattered hand.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Started playing a few months ago, but I don't play all that regularly (think it's been a couple weeks since I last played, actually). I have a level 16 (I think) Undead Priest named "Akram," if anyone's interested.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Rhombaad said:
Started playing a few months ago, but I don't play all that regularly (think it's been a couple weeks since I last played, actually). I have a level 16 (I think) Undead Priest named "Akram," if anyone's interested.
It depends good sir, what server are you on?

pippin22 said:
A preview for the new South Park: http://media.southparkstudios.com/media/SPinWoW.mov

:serpico:

Haha, that's going to be an awesome episode... I saw a South Park commercial of the kids all fat and covered in pimples while sitting in front of computers... I figured it had something to do with WoW. :p

Top Bottom